• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
To me, it looks like they drew names out of a hat for the starters appearing in Legends.
No they definitely have a theme in mind with the embodiment of volcanoes, archers and samurais for ancient Sinnoh.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
To me, it looks like they drew names out of a hat for the starters appearing in Legends.
It’s actually not. Rowlet cause Archer, Oshawott cause Samurai, and Cyndaquil cause fire weasel yokai and volcano.

ShadowForce720

I doubt Rowlet, Cyndaquil and Oshawott would get regional evolutions.
Some people said the same thing about the idea of legendary Pokémon getting regional forms/variants, and/or new Regis being introduced. At this point while it’s not guaranteed to happen the idea of the legends starters getting regional evolutions isn’t a Farfetch’d idea.

Especially considering that when it comes to main series Pokémon games Pokémon Legends Arceus is basically new territory.

desdar300

Why would they choose Rowlet and Oshawott for a starter if they get regional evolutions anyways. Makes no sense, considering Decidueye is an Archer and Oshawott is a Samurai. If the starters get regional evolutions, they literally could have chosen every single one of them.
This Series has never been fair to all three starters.
Charizard has two Mega Evolutions and gets to be an ace to a champion and Greninja got a special exclusive form that Chestnut and Delphox wish they had.
Blaziken debuted in the anime before Sceptile and Swampert plus it's got its Mega Evolution a year early.
This has been a tradition and it will happen until all of us pass away

This is more proof that the New Artstyle is much much better than the OS-XY one.
I agree, this is natural due to time and advancement in animation technology, however Ash design still have some problems . Many fans say that his SM design was just A transition, and the JN design is much better, but I do not agree, I still think that it will continue to be updated.

World Turtle

It’s actually not. Rowlet cause Archer, Oshawott cause Samurai, and Cyndaquil cause fire weasel yokai and volcano.

There might be another option for Cyndaquil. Typhlosion's Japanese name Bakphoon combines the word Bakufu (Blast) and Typhoon.

Bakufu can have another meaning though.

The bakufu was the military government of Japan between 1192 and 1868, headed by the shogun. Prior to 1192, the bakufu—also known as shogonate—was responsible only for warfare and policing and was firmly subordinate to the imperial court.

...give me Fire/Steel Typhlosion decked out in shogun armor that spews out fire from the openings.

So we have a General, his long range soldier (Archer), and his frontline soldier (Samurai)

Sham

The Guardian of War
So did anybody hear that Eileen Stevens is no longer voice acting? I liked her as Iris (I believe most people use her as a scapegoat as to why they hate Iris since dub Iris said the exact same things with a more or less sassier connotation but I digress) and wondering will they have to recast her.

Morax

King of heroes
In the words of the legendary Q-tip- And why is that?
Because we're about to reach a singularity when there's "too many pokemon". The future lies in remakes and spin-offs like BDSP and arceus legends. And since there won't be new pokemon to promote, the anime will cease production as well.

desdar300

Because we're about to reach a singularity when there's "too many pokemon". The future lies in remakes and spin-offs like BDSP and arceus legends. And since there won't be new pokemon to promote, the anime will cease production as well.
There are over 13,000 Digimon and currently around nine hundred or so Yokai creatures for Yokai Watch.
That's not going to stop them, capitalism, or overzealous fans from collecting every single one of them.

Tuoko

It only looks like that to you because you're not looking into the potential time eras of when the game is based on.

It's worth noting that otters/owls/volcanos are important to Ainu culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.