• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Because we're about to reach a singularity when there's "too many pokemon". The future lies in remakes and spin-offs like BDSP and arceus legends. And since there won't be new pokemon to promote, the anime will cease production as well.
I mean even if that did ever happen, where they had too much Pokémon, they could always reboot.

at the end of the day, if it still makes money, it will still stick around.

I mean Imagine having the highest grossing media franchise in the world in the palm of your hand and going “well...that’s all I can do” and just dropping it lol

Morax

King of heroes
I mean Imagine having the highest grossing media franchise in the world in the palm of your hand and going “well...that’s all I can do” and just dropping it lol
At the cost of draining out it's SOUL? yeah they can do that....*looks at star wars*

desdar300

At the cost of draining out it's SOUL? yeah they can do that....*looks at star wars*
I'm not sure what to tell you bucco.
Money makes the world go round and so long as there are millions of people buying the new Pokemon gens aren't going to stop getting made.
They don't give a damn about you, soul, or myself.
Because every person last Pokemon game is a person's first.
The cycle continues and repeats every generation

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
First and foremost: THIS MEANS NOTHING. It's just a banner promoting the shows airing on Friday

kv-pc.png

^ Again, JUST A POSTER, IT MEANS NOTHING. The following is my own speculation:

Paw Patrol stands out as a sore thumb since it's non japanese (though OLM seems to be involved with the dub).

Either way, seeing Ash and Goh so close to Jibanyan and Komasan... Guess it sounds like Pokémon is getting ideas from YW again. The focus spread is even similar with Goh/Jibanyan being the most focused while Ash/Komasan have their own thing even/segment. Bonus points for Koma being older than Jibanyan (age-wise) while Ash's been around for longer than Goh.

I mean, considering how much gen 7 and SM seemed to take from YW, it's not farfetch'd to think like this right?

Come to think of it Shinkalion will be doing a duo as well. With Kamen Rider W getting an anime, is it a new trend?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Japanese Mickey Mouse isn't going anywhere.
We'll both be knocking on heaven's door and Pikachu and his 50th pikaclone will still be entertaining the masses

Pikachu is better than Mickey anyway so long live to the rat. And may Ash still be a 10 years old trying to be a master and having new adventures every week for the next 50 years.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Yeah. I think it's possible. If Bea is coming back, why not?
Speaking of Bea. We saw her in Kanto at the Fighting Dojo and in Johto at the Cianwood Gym with Chuck. We also know she beat Korrina.

I wonder if we will hear about or see her in Hoenn with Brawly, Sinnoh with Maylene, or even in Alola with Hala?

It could be possible for her to challenge Bruno and Marshal but as Elite Four members as well I guess.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Let me make it clear—I would never want them to reboot it. That said, if something is making you billions of dollars, and you can still make billions more, your not going to call it a day. Just like—as you said—Star Wars.

Off-Topic: What was wrong with Pokemon Best Wishes besides it got so much hate and Iris Says "You're such a little kid!"? and Pokemon Journeys ain't doing much better either.

On-topic: I am feeling neutral about Getting rid of Goh and Chloe in Pokemon Journeys but I don't think Pokemon writers read Serebii forums so let alone Improving the Pokemon Anime.

AsH KetcHHup

Off-Topic: What was wrong with Pokemon Best Wishes besides it got so much hate and Iris Says "You're such a little kid!"? and Pokemon Journeys ain't doing much better either.
It really wasn't so bad. A lot of the hate it gets is exaggerated and everything going on with TR was great. I guess it was the way the series started off. I mean pikachu had just taken out a latios and had now lost to a snivy. Not to mention Ash was an awful trainer. If anyone watched the Elesa gym battle, they would probably immediately understand why a lot of people disliked best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.