• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No magazine has ever claimed Iris is returning in episode 64.
I watched some segments from BW and remembered how fun Iris is.
She's a great character

Remix2

First and foremost: THIS MEANS NOTHING. It's just a banner promoting the shows airing on Friday

kv-pc.png

^ Again, JUST A POSTER, IT MEANS NOTHING. The following is my own speculation:

Paw Patrol stands out as a sore thumb since it's non japanese (though OLM seems to be involved with the dub).

Either way, seeing Ash and Goh so close to Jibanyan and Komasan... Guess it sounds like Pokémon is getting ideas from YW again. The focus spread is even similar with Goh/Jibanyan being the most focused while Ash/Komasan have their own thing even/segment. Bonus points for Koma being older than Jibanyan (age-wise) while Ash's been around for longer than Goh.

I mean, considering how much gen 7 and SM seemed to take from YW, it's not farfetch'd to think like this right?

Come to think of it Shinkalion will be doing a duo as well. With Kamen Rider W getting an anime, is it a new trend?
Not sure why they want to copy YW again given it lost all relevance when sm first aired.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So Pash is a fujoishi magazine too?

It’s really not strange for the staff to do an interview in regards to a character like goh that’s been inserted as a double protagonist, since growing the the market for the new character and all. But given that the major gripe people have with goh is the sense of ‘preferential treatment’, an article about why goh is so great feels kinda hilariously badly planned.

I think it makes sense. Assuming the whole thing about the Suicune capture not sitting well with japanese fans, it's reasonable doing such article and interviews where the staff can clarify stuff about the character and even use such means to explain their decisions.

Of course that's just a theory and it all can change when we find out the actually contents of the interview.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If I was a character in the anime and it was a choice between Koharu or Iris as a travelling companion I know who I would pick.

Iris.

Koharu would probably be sulking or griping about something every 5 mins while Iris seems like she'd be fun to hang out with so long as her teasing and snark wasn't directed at you.
I'd choose Iris too.

My ideal choices - girl-wise - would be May or Dawn since they have are really energetic and most likely fun to have around.

STICKTOPIA

so since goh caught flygon I think it's fair ash gets absol
Yes it would be fair but have you also seen who got all 3 galar starters? All hope for fairness has been gone ever since Goh got sobble. I’d be happy if ash got absol but I also learned(since goh got sobble) to never get my hopes up.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I mean we don't KNOW if the Absol title is fake, it's just that the only source for it is one it's not that wise to just blindly trust, so it's best to just wait.
The Iris return one at least seemed somewhat legit since I recall it being an image that looks like it's from a TV guide (grammar probably gave away it's a fake but I haven't checked at the time)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Iris return one at least seemed somewhat legit since I recall it being an image that looks like it's from a TV guide (grammar probably gave away it's a fake but I haven't checked at the time)
Plus the source was a wiki edit made by a user who joined that day.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I hope u feel better soon❤️
Be here with us in the mintime. Pokemon helps us in these times
Thank you <3
Good news is I'm discharged from the hospital and back home :) Got covid beat mostly, just some fatigue remaining. Thanks everyone for your wishes, you guys are a lovely community to discuss anipoke with overall <3
Can't wait for the new episode even if it's a filler, really in a mood to watch more episodes now haha

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Thank you <3
Good news is I'm discharged from the hospital and back home :) Got covid beat mostly, just some fatigue remaining. Thanks everyone for your wishes, you guys are a lovely community to discuss anipoke with overall <3
Can't wait for the new episode even if it's a filler, really in a mood to watch more episodes now haha
Good to hear<3
You can always replay older episodes in the meantime

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think it makes sense. Assuming the whole thing about the Suicune capture not sitting well with japanese fans, it's reasonable doing such article and interviews where the staff can clarify stuff about the character and even use such means to explain their decisions.

Of course that's just a theory and it all can change when we find out the actually contents of the interview.

Hmm i doubt they would bring up the negative reaction to goh. Unless the reaction over there were catastrophically bad, i don’t think they’ll consider it a ‘mistake’ they have to justify. Though yeah they’ll probably talk about their design and story decisions for goh and where they want to bring his character in the future.

nickdt

Thank you <3

Amazing news. Hope you recover properly with the fatigue issues going away soon.

DuskAstral

Do you also get the feeling that Leon will be repeated frequently in the current series? So far, he has appeared in seven episodes (and if I remember correctly, no recurring character has had that many appearances yet). In addition, a small number of episodes (about 13-14 episodes) passes between his returns..

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ooooo paw patrol
ACAB

Hmm i doubt they would bring up the negative reaction to goh. Unless the reaction over there were catastrophically bad, i don’t think they’ll consider it a ‘mistake’ they have to justify. Though yeah they’ll probably talk about their design and story decisions for goh and where they want to bring his character in the future.

Hopefully they make him realize his goal is stupid and impractical. Ironically, his dream to catch Mew is much more plausible.

I think Gary might be a goof influence for Goh. He also mass caught a bunch of Pokémon and realized that the life of a researcher benefited him more. Sonia already planted a seed in a possible Professor Goh (Family Name).

Status
Not open for further replies.