• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

kickachu

Momentai!
I think its too early for grookey to evolve what about developing itself and grow first

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
True haha. The fact they even consider them evolving all the way is pretty weird
It's actually quite astonishing that the Galar Starters surprisingly managed NOT to fall into the marketing curse.
Even despite all of the controversy the (mainly Western) Fandom had with all 3 of the Final Stage Designs.

Granted Grookey did come really close last year. I guess Rillaboom owes a lot to VCG for boosting his popularity. Right @desdar300 ? ;)

D

Deleted member 384931

So Iris will return anyway later on, but what would be a good plot?

desdar300

So since generation age is probably going to go until 2023 I think that Satoshi will be able to nut several more catches which would give them a decent amount of new Pokemon.
My picks.
Ttar- nobody in the anime has this guy as an ace so having a main character old one with the really cool plus it would be a counter against Raihan's Duraldion whenever that battle happens.
Empoleon- you're damn right I'm in the Penguins camp because I think it would be cool for both protagonist to own the generational starters tied to Generation 8.
Empoleon has been a jobber from most of its anime lifetime under Barry so we could use some better representation.
Kubfu- I still think this is going to be his first legendary Pokemon and it's directly tied to Mustard.
Toxcrity- the Lucario of generation 8 and would serve as a second electric type Pokemon.
It's actually quite astonishing that the Galar Starters surprisingly managed NOT to fall into the marketing curse.
Even despite all of the controversy the (mainly Western) Fandom had with all 3 of the Final Stage Designs.

Granted Grookey did come really close last year. I guess Rillaboom owes a lot to VCG for boosting his popularity. Right @desdar300 ? ;)
I agree it's a double-edged sword but at least that f****** curse is broken

D

Deleted member 384931

Regarding the various move sets of Ash's team, I don't think its going to change that much. Sirfetch'd is bound to learn meteor mash and maybe Lucario and Dracovish will learn a new move. I don't think force palm will stay for Lucario.
Maybe Dragonite can Learn a new move? Hyper Beam isnt a good move on a pokemon like Dragonite in my opinion

tsunamimijumaru

In terms of movesets for Ash's team:

Dragonite:

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Hurricane
Aqua Tail/fighting or steel type move: Dragonite needs to replace Hyper Beam with a move that actually benefits from the boost from DD. I was pretty disappointed to wait all that time for its 4th move reveal only to see it was hyper beam.

Gengar:

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Ice punch
Sludge Wave/Bomb: I'd like to see Night Shade be replaced so we can see Gengar make use of its other typing and would help deal with fairy types since half his team is weak to them right now.

Lucario:

Aura Sphere
Force Palm: I like the way Ash has utilised Force palm so far and has the added affect of paralysis which is useful.
Bone Rush: Fire type coverage
Meteor Mash: Give him an actual good steel type move. This is the best physical steel type move Lucario gets, not quite sure why some people would rather see the weaker metal claw.

Sirferch'd:

Detect
Meteor Assault
Night Slash
Leaf Blade: was disappointing to see that it knew fury cutter and not leaf blade. This makes more sense.

Dracovish:

Fishous Rend
Crunch
Dragon Pulse/Rush
Ancient Power/Zen Headbutt

In terms of Ash getting more captures, at the his point I just want him to get 3/4 more galar mons and a Tyranitar and maybe empoleon for DP marketing and so that he can have all 3 fully evolved sinnoh starters since it seems like Goh is gonna get all 3 fully evolved galar starters.

Goh has accomplished a lot of things that Ash hasn't even though he's been around for 20+ years and that's OK but this is something Ash should have accomplished himself by now seeing as he's caught all 3 starters on 3 separate occasions.

The other Galar captures I hope happens are:

Corviknight
Dragapult
Toxtricity
Zarude

AsH KetcHHup

Well. I don't really mind to be honest as long as they are moves that look cool while animated like greeninja's moveset. Who would've predicted cut staying? The lucario belonging to Korrina has such a cool move set.

Status
Not open for further replies.