• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoneman29

It makes sense that Satoshi catches more pokemon, I mean it wont get easier. He would need powerhouses like Charizard, Greninja to stand a chance. I wish they did go the "battle Frontier" route with his pokemon
Yea is most likely the Pokemon Company will have to let Ash catch alot more Pokemon in the Journey Saga so Fans still watch the Anime like catching is his own Galer Starters and Trapinch ( a shiny one ) make up for Goh catch them because Fans hating him for that also let Ash get Absol and Piplup plus maybe other Starters his Friends have.

Morax

King of heroes
Yea is most likely the Pokemon Company will have to let Ash catch alot more Pokemon in the Journey Saga so Fans still watch the Anime like catching is his own Galer Starters and Trapinch ( a shiny one ) make up for Goh catch them because Fans hating him for that also let Ash get Absol and Piplup plus maybe other Starters his Friends have.
Even if ash gets an Arceus tomorrow i doubt you guys would be satisfied.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That magazine page just shows off various evolutions in general, you need to stop overinterpreting things you can't read.

Master Pikachu 11

I can't believe this is the 1st Generation where all 3 Starters are going to (Fully) Evolve (joking sort of but we all know it's happening)

Gou will accomplish the one thing Ash has never done.

Hey Decidueye fans. How are you guys feeling about this possibility? :(

As a Decidueye fan, I was not happy that they didn’t evolve Rowlet since Decidueye was my favorite of the final evolutions of the Gen 7 starters, but if Goh is able to evolve all of his starters then good for him and it finally breaks the curse.
At the same time however, this is the perfect time to give Ash a Piplup/Prinplup and evolve it into Empoleon since it is now the more popular final Sinnoh evolution of the region and it will mirror Goh’s Galar starters. So it seems that they are allowing Goh to accomplish something first and then Ash ends up accomplishing it. Goh caught a ghost type first then Ash caught Gengar, Goh became the first main character to catch a fossil and then they gave Ash Dracovish. Goh also became the first to catch and own a legendary and I expect Ash to end up doing the same in a future episode. So if this continues and Goh becomes the first to fully evolve all of his starters then I can see Ash doing the same if he gets Empoleon and brings back Infernape and Torterra. The only time Ash has got something first that Goh hasn’t done yet is Ash caught a Pseudo Legendary and a Mythical, which Goh will accomplish later in this series.
So since generation age is probably going to go until 2023 I think that Satoshi will be able to nut several more catches which would give them a decent amount of new Pokemon.
My picks.
Ttar- nobody in the anime has this guy as an ace so having a main character old one with the really cool plus it would be a counter against Raihan's Duraldion whenever that battle happens.
Empoleon- you're damn right I'm in the Penguins camp because I think it would be cool for both protagonist to own the generational starters tied to Generation 8.
Empoleon has been a jobber from most of its anime lifetime under Barry so we could use some better representation.
Kubfu- I still think this is going to be his first legendary Pokemon and it's directly tied to Mustard.
Toxcrity- the Lucario of generation 8 and would serve as a second electric type Pokemon.
I agree it's a double-edged sword but at least that f****** curse is broken
I agree with this list, I hope that Tyranitar ends up on Ash’s team as I always felt that he should have had it in Johto. This is the perfect series to make up for that and to see a awesome rivalry battle with Raihan’s Duraldion.

DuskAstral

Yea is most likely the Pokemon Company will have to let Ash catch alot more Pokemon in the Journey Saga
I don't think the developers have a responsibility to give him more Pokémon in Journeys. In the current series, he not only fights rarely, but also makes a better bond with a small team.

D

Deleted member 384931

Will Sirfechted still fit the picture at the end of the opening?

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Iris will return anyway later on, but what would be a good plot?
Frankly, I don't think her return episode will have a distinct subplot. I'm sure that her episode will be filled with Isshu region nostalgia, but aside from her presumable battle with Satoshi, I'm not expecting much. At least there seems to be a chance that her Kibago evolved given all the recent Ononokus merchandise.

AsH KetcHHup

Frankly, I don't think her return episode will have a distinct subplot. I'm sure that her episode will be filled with Isshu region nostalgia, but aside from her presumable battle with Satoshi, I'm not expecting much. At least there seems to be a chance that her Kibago evolved given all the recent Ononokus merchandise.
This is what I thought as well but weren't there scans confirming Iris wanted to battle Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.