• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
Eh, considering that they’re doing whatever whenever and wherever now, them going to a random contest really isn’t out of the question.
Why would they go to a random contest and meet serena out of the blue? That would be bad writing if anything. Things shouldn't happen "just because".

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Why would they go to a random contest and meet serena out of the blue? That would be bad writing if anything. Things shouldn't happen "just because".
One of the contestant’s pokemon can be kikuna’s next furry crush or something. It’s not like they haven’t done a bunch of things out of nowhere this series.

Little brothers friend get bullied -> go to some contest in hoenn

Kikuna wants to see her furry crush -> everybody goes to an eating contest

The boys watch tv and koharu has a project -> pewter museum for fossil adventure

They really don’t need much insensitive to do anything in this series.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
And that's still bad writing. Is it wrong to expect this anime to be less random and more consistent for once?

Pretty much everything in this series is random though? With the lack of clear goal for their travels as result of the previous series badge quest, it’s all been whatever it is the episode wants, it happens.

If you want some underlaying purpose to it though, koharu also provide an easy out for it.

Let the girl whose whole deal is not liking people assuming her dream is to be like her parent, talk to the girl who choose to follow their parent’s footstep (dawn) and/or the girl who was forced to follow her parent’s footsteps until she found her own dream (serena). So it wouldn’t need to be just for the sake of fanservice appearance.

Morax

King of heroes
Let the girl whose whole deal is not liking people assuming her dream is to be like her parent, talk to the girl who choose to follow their parent’s footstep (dawn) and/or the girl who was forced to follow her parent’s footsteps until she found her own dream (serena). So it wouldn’t need to be just for the sake of fanservice appearance.
That sounds way too good for journeys but i hope that happens. Just don't let ash or gou be a part of that episode, let koharu and serena meet unaware of their connection to ash ( kind of like brock and cilan )

BobbbidyBob

I hope Ash wins against Iris, he has been losing for 20 years, now as a revenge I want him to WIN WIN WIN! At least until the Master class....

He has never done that before. That's extremely OOC for him
Maybe Ash and Goh could visit a contest off-screen with Serena and Chloe, I mean Fanfiction Exist for that, so the idea of Ash and Goh visiting a Contest with Serena in it isn't out of question, I know it's too OOCish for Ash to do a Contest... let alone Serena.

ShadowForce720

Maybe Ash and Goh could visit a contest off-screen with Serena and Chloe, I mean Fanfiction Exist for that, so the idea of Ash and Goh visiting a Contest with Serena in it isn't out of question, I know it's too OOCish for Ash to do a Contest... let alone Serena.
Ash has literally done contest before. As for Serena, the whole reason why she went to Hoenn in the first place was because Palmero suggested she go try doing the Pokémon Contest there as it could help her futher improve.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

It's just a two-page spread showing off the evolutionary families of Satoshi and Go's Pokemon. Never trust any "translations" you find on Twitter.
So it's a nonsense BS article that shouldn't exist.

Because using Go's Raichu, Scizor, Dustox (Or Cinderace) would have made more sense.

Because you know what it doesn't show ?

Dratini.

nickdt

I don't see how the two episodes being next to each other means there'll be less of a chance of Ash getting it. I'd say it could go either way.

Well.. its because we never get 2 back-to-back Ash focused episode in Journeys it seems, while Goh does.

Episode 51: Ash focused.
Episode 56: Ash focused
Episode 60: Ash focused
Episode 65: Ash focused

ShadowForce720

Well.. its because we never get 2 back-to-back Ash focused episode in Journeys it seems.
And before the cases of episode 50 & 55 Galar episodes were always back to back. Yet episode 50 & 55 broke this trend as even though they took place in Galar they were separated.

Similarly two of the episodes that that had two segment thing going on would happen right before Ash and Goh would go to Galar in the following episode and yet in the case of episode 58 the episode following it did not take place in Galar.

So no just because we haven’t had a case of Ash having two episodes back-to-back in Pokémon Journeys doesn’t mean we couldn’t get one, especially when this series has been pretty unpredictable.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So it's a nonsense BS article that shouldn't exist.

Come on dude, it's a children's magazine writing for an audience that doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon. I think it's the same magazine that had that page about Pokemon species that Twitter was misinterpreting as well. Not everything Pokemon-related needs to be valuable news for adults.

nickdt

And before the cases of episode 50 & 55 Galar episodes were always back to back. Yet episode 50 & 55 broke this trend as even though they took place in Galar they were separated.

Similarly two of the episodes that that had two segment thing going on would happen right before Ash and Goh would go to Galar in the following episode and yet in the case of episode 58 the episode following it did not take place in Galar.

So no just because we haven’t had a case of Ash having two episodes back-to-back in Pokémon Journeys doesn’t mean we couldn’t get one, especially when this series has been pretty unpredictable.

While its a possibility, i still think its unlikely. Ash's focus episodes are sparse as is, but here is the thing: Every time Ash gets a focus episode, Goh either gets a focus episode right before it or the episode following it or the second episode after.
JN05?JN06: Goh focused (Goh catches Scorbunny and the Bugs)
JN07: Ash focused
JN08: Goh focused (Iceberg race with Mantyke in a role)
JN10: Shared focused, despite Ash catching Dragonite, but Goh takes around 5 minutes to catch Dewgong.
JN012/JN:013: Ash focused (Sets up his goal)
JN014: Goh focused (Goh gets Golurk)
JN015: Goh focused
JN16: Ash focused (Ash gets Gengar)
JN17: Goh focused (Scorbunny evolves)
JN18: Ash focused (PWC battle against Visquez)
JN21: Ash focused
JN22: Goh focused
JN25: Korrina battle, shared focus.
JN27: Ash focused (Ash catches Galarfetch'd)
JN28: Goh focused (Goh catches Sobble)
JN33: Goh focused (The Bug lady)
JN34: While you can class this as Ash focused (Bea 1), its more shared than Ash focused imo.
JN35: Goh focused (He catches a Pikachu)
JN38: Goh focused (Aerodactyl)
JN39: Ash focused (Bea 2)
JN40: Goh focused (Flygon)
JN50: Shared (Dracovish and Arctozolt)
JN52: Ash focused (Rinto1)
JN52: Goh (Gets Diglett and Dugtrio, so its more Goh focused than anything else, especially since Goh gets character progress with him realizing the Diglett need his Dugtrio more and as such releases it)
JN56: Supposed to be Ash focused, but is shared, since Goh has a major role in the episode and gets an evolution to boot
JN59: Goh focused (Grookey)
JN60: Ash (Rinto2)
JN62: Goh (Sobble evolves most likely)
JN63: Either Ash or shared (Dracovish gets focus)

So this makes Absol being a Goh focused episode extremely more likely than it being an Ash episode, since Ash has never gotten 2 episodes back-to-back (If JN63 is Ash, that would make it 3 episodes back-to-back with JN63, JN64 and JN65 being Ash's and i just can't see that happening), while Goh does get multiple focus episodes back-to-back.

dman_dustin

Come on dude, it's a children's magazine writing for an audience that doesn't have encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon. I think it's the same magazine that had that page about Pokemon species that Twitter was misinterpreting as well. Not everything Pokemon-related needs to be valuable news for adults.

So then why would Dratini not be there? Seems kind of important if showing off evolutionary lines.

On top of that, wouldn't children assume more than adults that Go has an Intelleon, Rillaboom, and Cinderace or at least will be getting them.

Adults have the benefit of cynicism, children don't.

Leonhart

Imagineer
On top of that, wouldn't children assume more than adults that Go has an Intelleon, Rillaboom, and Cinderace or at least will be getting them.
Maybe if they had only caught a glimpse of the scan and not read the text, but if they're capable of reading, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Given that some viewers seem to have a problem with the idea of Gou having three fully-evolved Galar Starters, I really hope that Sarunori won't evolve in the future, as it would be more ammunition against him. It can just remain as the cute mascot Starter, much like how I wish Hibanny had.

dman_dustin

Unless the article explicitly says "Go's Pokemon are not fully evolving" which is what you translators should have started with, I feel like what the text says irrelevant to the assumption of what's shown.

That's like saying a picture of a worn out Pikachu on top of fainted Terrakion is irrelevant because the text pointing to it says "Ash's Lucario" and the larger text mentions Ash's Snivy returning and evolving and then saying Pikachu isn't confirmed to battle a Terrakion because "Children can read"

Status
Not open for further replies.