• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnovaMaster

So then why would Dratini not be there? Seems kind of important if showing off evolutionary lines.

On top of that, wouldn't children assume more than adults that Go has an Intelleon, Rillaboom, and Cinderace or at least will be getting them.

Adults have the benefit of cynicism, children don't.
Imagine thinking cynicism is a "benefit"

Cynicism is not some ultra special super power either

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Imagine thinking cynicism is a "benefit"

Cynicism is not some ultra special super power either

If cynicism is the opposite of childlike naivety.. then yes? Being able to pose questions opposed to assuming something is always true is a benefit that will get you further in life.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
New merch, here's my thoughts:
Ash: Toxtricity (yellow)
Goh: Toxtricity (blue) and all the others that I didn't said
Koharu: G. Ponyta, Snom, Alcremie
Leon: Charizard and Dragapult
TRio: Morpeko
EyYXK3HWEAM3GIv

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If Sobble was supposed to evolve all the way to Inteleon, it would have gone to Ash instead. Sobble went to Goh because they decided to keep it as the unevolved cute mon. It admiring Inteleon in the preview is probably for its character development. Riolu admiring Korrina's Lucario and later evolving doesn't necessarily hint towards Sobble evolving. And if Sobble is somehow meant to evolve all the way to its final form then the stupid idea of Ash owning Goh's Sobble won't be so unbelievable anymore.
I meant the idea of Sobble evolving under Goh's ownership is as stupid as the idea of Ash owning Goh's Sobble.

Why do you think the writers decided to give Sobble to Goh instead of Ash in the first place?
These..... Did not age well at all...

At least Sobble's doing something and looks to not be the usual "unevolved starter" in every saga.
Which means its prolly Grookey, which makes sense given its the most popular stage of its line.
The fact that it’s taking Grookey so long to join the cast would say otherwise. At this point it seems more like Yamper has taken over that role.
Nah let's be real. We all know Chloe's Eevee has taken the "Unevolved Gag Pokemon" spot this time

To be honest if Cinderace has taught us anything,

You can be a fully Evolved Starter and still be a comedic Pokémon lol

Who says both Sobble and Grookey won't fully Evolve and they both still have funny roles lol?
Then again, this is still a possible option

ShadowForce720

New merch, here's my thoughts:
Ash: Toxtricity (yellow)
Goh: Toxtricity (blue) and all the others that I didn't said
Koharu: G. Ponyta, Snom, Alcremie
Leon: Charizard and Dragapult
TRio: Morpeko
EyYXK3HWEAM3GIv
Hmm interesting thing to note is that the first row is comprised of Pokémon that Ash currently has on his team with the only exception being Amphed Form Toxtricity.

While the 2nd row is composed of Pokémon that Goh owns, has own, or he owns a member of that line with the only exception being the Low Key Form Toxtricity.

So this could be hinting at Ash getting Amphed Form Toxtricity while Goh gets Low Key Form Toxtricity.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hmm interesting thing to note is that the first row is comprised of Pokémon that Ash currently has on his team with the only exception being Amphed Form Toxtricity.

While the 2nd row is composed of Pokémon that Goh owns, has own, or he owns a member of that line with the only exception being the Low Key Form Toxtricity.

So this could be hinting at Ash getting Amphed Form Toxtricity while Goh gets Low Key Form Toxtricity.
I expect Goh to get both Toxitricity forms or the other to go to Koharu instead.

ShadowForce720

I expect Goh to get both Toxitricity forms or the other to go to Koharu instead.
You also expected Goh’s Sobble to not evolve only for like a half hour later for a scan to come out that basically confirmed that Goh’s Sobble would be evolving in episode 62.

And right now this merchandise hints more on Ash getting the Amphed Form Toxtricity while Goh gets the Low Key Form.

Red and Blue

All Ash and Go need is to catch a Obstagoon, fully evolve Grookey and then they can start the Maximizers, lol

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You also expected Goh’s Sobble to not evolve only for like a half hour later for a scan to come out that basically confirmed that Goh’s Sobble would be evolving in episode 62.

And right now this merchandise hints more on Ash getting the Amphed Form Toxtricity while Goh gets the Low Key Form.
I bet that it's actually going to be Koharu's, because Ash is never gonna get a second Electric-type.

ShadowForce720

I bet that it's actually going to be Koharu's, because Ash is never gonna get a second Electric-type.
Some people also thought Ash would never go a series without getting a current gen starter and yet he we are. Plus no offense but you don’t really have a good track record when it comes to predicting things considering that most of the time the when you predicted something the exact opposite winds up happening.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Some people also thought Ash would never go a series without getting a current gen starter and yet he we are. Plus no offense but you don’t really have a good track record when it comes to predicting things considering that most of the time the when you predicted something the exact opposite winds up happening.
It would overshadow Pikachu and the writers do not want that.

ShadowForce720

It would overshadow Pikachu and the writers do not want that.
No it wouldn’t, Pikachu is the literal mascot of the entire franchise, so it’s not such a weak mascot that if there winds up being a another Electric type on Ash’s team that it would suddenly overshadowed Pikachu.

Plus Toxtricity is part Poison type and if you look at it’s move pool and likely move set compared to what moves Ash’s Pikachu normally knows it’s easy for the two to differentiate from each other.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No it wouldn’t, Pikachu is the literal mascot of the entire franchise, so it’s not such a weak mascot that if there winds up being a another Electric type on Ash’s team that it would suddenly overshadowed Pikachu.

Plus Toxtricity is part Poison type and if you look at it’s move pool and likely move set compared to what moves Ash’s Pikachu normally knows it’s easy for the two to differentiate from each other.
Except it would be a similar situation to most of his Dark-types, where their Dark-type was ignored in favor of their other type. Plus, Toxitricity would get more screentime under Koharu, which is a sad truth.

ShadowForce720

Except it would be a similar situation to most of his Dark-types, where their Dark-type was ignored in favor of their other type. Plus, Toxitricity would get more screentime under Koharu, which is a sad truth.
Not really as it’s not that hard to distinguish between Pikachu and Toxtricity.

For instance here is a potential move set for Toxtricity:

Toxtricity’s move set:
Overdrive
Boomburst/Hyper Voice
Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Poison Jab
Charge/Thunder Punch

there that move set would take advantage of both of Toxtricity’s typings and it easily distinguished it from Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.