• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I prefered her before. Shes super boring now without a personality

That's not totally true. Chloe still has the same personality, it's just not directed at Ash and Goh now. We saw a bit of it when she encountered the Impidimp.

It makes sense for a closed off person's personality change once they grow accustomed to someone.

We see that she gets really excited for people she cares about, for example Goh in the Eating Contest or Chrysa when trying to reunite her with her "love."

I'm sure she'll get there eventually with Ash, but we're not there yet. Even Yamper stopped barking at Ash. Ash even walks Yamper when Goh and Chloe are at school apparently.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That's not totally true. Chloe still has the same personality, it's just not directed at Ash and Goh now. We saw a bit of it when she encountered the Impidimp.

It makes sense for a closed off person's personality change once they grow accustomed to someone.

We see that she gets really excited for people she cares about, for example Goh in the Eating Contest or Chrysa when trying to reunite her with her "love."

I'm sure she'll get there eventually with Ash, but we're not there yet. Even Yamper stopped barking at Ash. Ash even walks Yamper when Goh and Chloe are at school apparently.
Again, her personality and behaviour is normal for a young girl. But its just not interesting for me. Her interactions with others r not interesting for me

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I had Chrome translate that page and you know what? This person made a good point about Grookey's relationship with TR.
Don't do that. Those are only a bit useful if you are trying to answer a pool or figure out where, say, the trailer section is. And even then it's very unreliable.

Technology certainly advanced but it's way far than being capable of properly translate a language as nuanced and context-based as japanese.

Anyway, nice knowing there's a japanese pokémon forum. By the way I get more confident with my japanese level, might start reading (doing stuff on forums did wonders for my english even if it's far from being perfect)

WaterShuriken

Actually, Koharu only goes to school. We saw Gou only once in this building.

Well if it happened once, then it's safe to assume he does it periodically.

Again, her personality and behaviour is normal for a young girl. But its just not interesting for me. Her interactions with others r not interesting for me

Well then express it like that instead of saying she has no personality all together.

Leonhart

Imagineer

The thing is that I would've expected her to get more attached to Satoshi by now given that they've both been around each other quite a few times, especially in recent episodes where Koharu has hung out with him and Gou to go on some adventures. I dislike it when the writers wait until the last minute to develop a character, so I hope that Koharu and Satoshi can become friends in the near future and not just at the end of this series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I prefer Weavile, Bisharp or Zoroark for Ash over Absol.
I just want him to have a Dark type that actually feels like one.
Greninja was treated as a pure Water type(I swear to Arceus they'd better have ditched that lazy Cut animation for Night Slash seeing how freaking Sirfetch knows that move!), Incineroar never got to use his signature move(And probably won't until the tail end of the saga), Krookodile just bit things...

Be it Zarude, Obstagoon, Urshifu, Absol, Tyranitar, Moltres or something else. Just do it already

esquilo09

I just want him to have a Dark type that actually feels like one.
Greninja was treated as a pure Water type(I swear to Arceus they'd better have ditched that lazy Cut animation for Night Slash seeing how freaking Sirfetch knows that move!), Incineroar never got to use his signature move(And probably won't until the tail end of the saga), Krookodile just bit things...

Be it Zarude, Obstagoon, Urshifu, Absol, Tyranitar, Moltres or something else. Just do it already
Well if Ash catches Weavile its only recommended dark type moves are Knock Off and Throat Chop.

WaterShuriken

The thing is that I would've expected her to get more attached to Satoshi by now given that they've both been around each other quite a few times, especially in recent episodes where Koharu has hung out with him and Gou to go on some adventures. I dislike it when the writers wait until the last minute to develop a character, so I hope that Koharu and Satoshi can become friends in the near future and not just at the end of this series.

I agree with you in that regard. There has yet to be an Ash and Chloe focused episode and that's a shame. She has yet to even witness one of his WCS matches.

Mew29240

They're bound give us a bonding episode between them at some point to strengthen their interactions. Maybe Goh notices that while Ash & Koharu see and interact with each other often, they're not exactly close and tries to change that or Chloe follows up on Kikuna's advice to ask Ash or Goh for help in bonding with Eevee more. They have options, I just hope they use them soon like you said.

Morax

King of heroes
They're bound give us a bonding episode between them at some point to strengthen their interactions. Maybe Goh notices that while Ash & Koharu see and interact with each other often, they're not exactly close and tries to change that or Chloe follows up on Kikuna's advice to ask Ash or Goh for help in bonding with Eevee more. They have options, I just hope they use them soon like you said.
I'd rather have a Gou x Koharu bonding episode if you know what I mean :)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Isn't she friendly with Ash at this point? I mean she's addressed him plenty of times, had convos with him and is now going on adventures with him and Goh quite a lot. Honestly I'm glad she's just treats Ash like a normal person. They aren't best friends, she doesn't admire him and she for the most part just respects him. Having a character who's social development is not hugely based on Ash is refreshing especially after having an entire friend group who thought he was superman. Chloe still behaves indifferent towards Yamper and Goh despite knowing them for years so I assume that's just her personality.

Morax

King of heroes
Isn't she friendly with Ash at this point? I mean she's addressed him plenty of times, had convos with him and is now going on adventures with him and Goh quite a lot. Honestly I'm glad she's just treats Ash like a normal person. They aren't best friends, she doesn't admire him and she for the most part just respects him. Having a character who's social development is not hugely based on Ash is refreshing especially after having an entire friend group who thought he was superman. Chloe still behaves indifferent towards Yamper and Goh despite knowing them for years so I assume that's just her personality.
Serena was the only pokegirl whose social development was tied to Ash and honestly, there's nothing wrong with admiring the person you love.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Serena was the only pokegirl whose social development was tied to Ash and honestly, there's nothing wrong with admiring the person you love.
Most Pokegirls and characters are remembered based on how they treated Ash or their interactions with him. It’s the reason why people came with pitchforks when Iris first debuted. I also didn’t even saying about Serena lol

kickachu

Momentai!
Question how will the new games affect the anime like in sinnoh polemon besides lucario

BobbbidyBob

I’m calling it now, Koharu will catch Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.