• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
There is something wrong about Ash having more Dark types than Ice types.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
There is something wrong about Ash having more Dark types than Ice types.
That for some reason they're incapable of having him own another Ice type while easily dumping multiple of the same types he never originally owned like Rock, Dark, and Dragon? lulz.

WaterShuriken

That for some reason they're incapable of having him own another Ice type while easily dumping multiple of the same types he never originally owned like Rock, Dark, and Dragon? lulz.
It doesn't make sense. He's had opportunities in many regions post Hoenn to catch another Ice-type and then nothing.

Sinnoh : Snover that befriended Grotle.
Unova : Cubchoo that was lost from pack.
Kalos : Mega Evolve his Glalie, technically not new tho
Alola : Catch one of the Alolan Sandshrew from the pack that helped Lillie.

What Dark moves will be fitting in the anime other than Bite/Crunch?

Well like others have said, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Brutal Swing plus

Darkest Lariat (Kukui's Incineroar)
Feint Attack (Mightyena)
Knock Off (Crabrawler)
Night Daze (Zoroark)
Night Slash (Sirfetch'd)
Throat Chop (Kukui's Incineroar)

Dark Pulse or Brutal Swing I
There is also Snarl.
Well like others have said, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Brutal Swing plus

Darkest Lariat (Kukui's Incineroar)
Feint Attack (Mightyena)
Knock Off (Crabrawler)
Night Daze (Zoroark)
Night Slash (Sirfetch'd)
Throat Chop (Kukui's Incineroar)
We are talking about Tyranitar's Dark Type Move...

Krokoodile can also learn Dark Pulse, Snarl, and Brutal Swing but it only ended up with Bite/Crunch

Tyranitar is based on T-Rex, so if Ash got it, there is high chance it ended up with just another Bite/Crunch...

ShadowForce720

Krokoodile can also learn Dark Pulse, Snarl, and Brutal Swing but it only ended up with Bite/Crunch

Tyranitar is based on T-Rex, so if Ash got it, there is high chance it ended up with just another Bite/Crunch...
Tyranitar draws more inspiration from Godzilla or similar Kaiju if anything. Also Tyranitar really doesn’t have that strong of an association with moves like Bite/Crunch if anything there have been more Tyranitar that knew Dark Pulse then ones that know Bite/Crunch.

The whole being based on a T-Rex and having a association with moves like Bite/Crunch and other Fang moves is more associated with Tyrantrum then it is with Tyranitar.

Red and Blue

Krokodile was when Ash was only limited to Bite and Crunch. Tyranitar would happen after that period since he no longer has those restrictions.

And we've seen Tyranitar use Dark Pulse in the past through Alain and TR Gatcha

WaterShuriken

You are also talking about two different series. Journeys finally changed the pattern and gave Farfetch'd Night Slash and Brutal Swing.

They didn't even give Ash's Greninja that despite just having to copy Sanpei's Greninja's animation for it.

But if you wanna talk about Tyranitar.

Payback, Dark Pulse, Snarl, Foul Play all seem like decent and plausible moves.

I don't want him with Tyranitar personally but this was just to answer your question.

WaterShuriken

Since we know what Iris is back for, I actually hope that Gary isn't a part of the WCS. Weirdly enough, he might be perfect for Goh's actual development and not just chucking Poké Balls at everything with a pulse.

I hope that Gary puts some sense into Goh's head about how his goal to catch every Pokémon is impractical cause he used to mass capture as well.

Sonia already asked Goh if he wanted to be a Pokémon Professor. Maybe Gary can help steer him in that direction. Who knows, he could also help Chloe. The kids do love their fossil research and that is Gary's area of expertise.

I don't need any Ash vs Gary tension. It's really been there, done that. It was even done better in Sinnoh with Paul anyway. I won't say no to a friendly match, however. I'm sure Gary will interested in Ash's Abomination.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Godzilla actually, Unova makes it fairly obvious with a Mecha Tyranitar in one of the movies lol
Tyrantrum is the t-rex

I don't like predicting moves but I'd say they'll probably lazily toss Hyper Beam on if he gets him

Status
Not open for further replies.