• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder if we will see Cilan again, he is such a splendid character.
I loved the episode where he boded with Citron

nickdt

Tyranitar is indeed based on Godzilla. That's why I expect in the Sinnoh's remakes, if they introduce more Gigantamax forms, Tyranitar will be one of them.

I don't think they will introduce more Gigamax. I even doubt the feature will be in the game. Remember 'Faithful' remakes. If they introduce Battle Mechanics, its not a 'Faithful' remake. However, i can see them doing QOL improvements, since they don't change the core gameplay anyways.

AsH KetcHHup

I don't think they will introduce more Gigamax. I even doubt the feature will be in the game. Remember 'Faithful' remakes. If they introduce Battle Mechanics, its not a 'Faithful' remake. However, i can see them doing QOL improvements, since they don't change the core gameplay anyways.
I feel like the word 'faithful' is only related to the story line. Introducing G and D max would be kind of stupid in my opinion but mega evolution seems like an option in my eyes.

dman_dustin

These aren't realistic movesets but what I'd like to see (that have reasons otherwise Lucario would have copycat); so not completely personal preference

Dragonite:
Dragon Claw / Dragon Rush- I don't like Dragon Claw much since it feels more like a secondary dragon type move (aka not as strong) And I feel an upgrade would be good, however Dragonite isn't much of a big finisher as a standard move Dragon Rush might not work well with dragon dance and the moveset I'm giving it nor its battling style

Hurricane- Strong ranged flying type

Dragon dance- Powers up Dragonite

Iron Head- First off only 1 physical move with Dragon Dance is stupid and secondly to hell with hyper beam, any physical move works here but I felt iron head was best because of ice and fairy types. Because I imagine iron head being more of battering ram style attack as opposed to Dragonite grabbing someone's shirt and then headbutting them in the face is why Dragonite needs dragon claw for that level of close combat, dragon rush is more of a battering ram but if there is a dragon claw fighting style that isn't dragon nor flying then definitely upgrade claw to rush.

Gengar

Shadow Ball- While boring it should be Gengar's standard ghost move, and I think it works better than night shade which I'm fine replacing.

Psychic- Great attack and fun for Ash to use

Ice Punch- Decent Physical move for Gengar, allows it sond protection against ground types which its no longer immune to.

Dazzling Gleam- Remember Mienshao and Lucario and even Electrode, how they were able to hit Gengar, I think dazzling gleam would work wonders to counter Gengar's weakness by powerfully blinding its foes. If it must have a poison attack, then sludge wave its more interesting than sludge bomb and works better with the ghostly theme.

Lucario

Aura Sphere- Standard signature like move

Force Palm / Reversal or a steel type move- I'd rather it keep Force Palm because it has the magical physical fighting aspect but reversal could be more useful in drawn out fights, or just give it Meteor Mash, Metal Claw or Bullet Punch

Bone Rush- While I will never get bored of Lucario's Bone Rush Ash's should have this to help out, since ground offers a lot, and also I know its boring for some of you but Lucario just cannot learn anything as badass as bone rush there's nothing else Lucario can learn that can be used like a bo staff or a weapon like a staff.

Stone Edge- Rock type is the missing type coverage for Lucario that crosses off a lot of types, stone edge is the best because it does come off as a magical attack I feel as if strategy wise if can provide a lot of battling situation along with its other moves, like stone edge used to conceal Lucario then using its aura to sneak attack with bone rush or even aura sphere.

Yes as an aside I hate that Lucario has a status move, Lucario is too versatile for that nonsense.

Sirfetch'd

Night Slash- The only move I want absolutely to stay, its the first time Ash gets access to the move, he should get to relish until one of Ash's actual dark types gets to have that attack

Detect- It'll likely make use of its shield for blocking purposes which could work as detect to negate all damage or we'll get to see Kung-fu Sirfetch'd and its shield negates damage anyway

Meteor Assault- Signature move enough said

Grassy Glide- If Grassy Glide acts like an ice superhero/Supervillain using ice as a means of transportation (ice sliding/slides) but of the grassy variety then this has some cool implications especially comboing with Meteor Assault. Otherwise I think Dual Wingbeat would be nice but unsure how it usss said move given Sirfetch'd's battling style with leek sword lance and shield.

Dracovish

Fishious Rend- Necessary

Psychic Fangs- It has to learn this, to hell with other biting moves, there's no way they can pass on what was once Bruxish's signature move.They can use this as a cool telekinetic bite attack, like its eyes and "teeth" glow and an energy projection of teeth bite the opponent from a distance as for the makes "contact" just have telepathic feedback like static paralyzing Dracovish or rough skin just hurting from the telepathic feedback.Or if not some cool bite animation better than bite or crunch

Ancient Power- I feel like it needs this for fossil purposes as in it is one.

Dragon Pulse or Dragon Rush- if Dragonite's not upgrading than probably give dragon rush to Dracovish, plus it would fit the running aspect of its debut when it was running all over with Ash as it would work as a massive tackling type move. That being said I can't see them passing up dragon pulse. Also Outrage might also fit for dragon type coverage and probably would fit Dracovish being an ancient chimera like Pokemon (despite not existing before) that's confused by its eternal suffering and may want to take it out on someone.

AsH KetcHHup

I don't think dragonite and gengar are going to learn new moves. I also think Dracovish won't either once his move set is revealed.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't think dragonite and gengar are going to learn new moves. I also think Dracovish won't either once his move set is revealed.

Why? Didn't Hyperbeam get randomly revealed in a stillframe in one episode? What's keeping them from updating the movesets? Lucario and Sirfetch'd have updated their movesets whenever they got focus. Just because Dragonite and Gengar are battle-droids doesn't mean that they can't receive an upgrade (though Gengar doesn't really need it).

In my eyes, Lucario should be geared more towards being a Steel-type, so that Sirfetch'd can be the main Fighting-type of the team.

Lucario:
- AuraSphere: Maybe uses 'twin' AuraSphere, kinda how Scraggy used Focus Blast.
- MeteorMash: Should be obvious.
- Steel Beam: It looked amazing when Duraludon used it and on a Lucario is would be even more 'kamehameha'-like.
- Double Team: I think it works nice with its battlestyle.

Dragonite:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Hurricane
- SteelWing/StoneEdge: At least something to deal with Ice and Fairy-types. Stone Edge could be learned vs. Iris' Dragonite and give ol'nasty some PTSD.

Sirfetch'd:
- MeteorAssault: Upgraded white knight version of Brutal Swing.
- LeafBlade: No more dark knight moves like Night Slash, this move does essentially the same thing.
- IronDefense: No more dodging with Detect.
- DualWingbeat: It's a bird! It needs at least one bird-type move!

Gengar: Again, I'm fine with this moveset.

Dracovish:
- Fishious Rend: Essential
- Hydro Pump: I think Dracovish should lean more into being the Water-type of the squad.
- Dragon Rush: I think it could work.
- Ancient Power: To acknowledge it being a fossil. Otherwise I could see it using StompingTantrum or PsychicFangs for some more diversity.
- MeteorBEAM: Screw AncientPower, lets go for the big gun.

Yeah, if Ash doesn't end up with three guys on the team using a move that references a giant falling piece of space rock, I'll be highly disappointed.

Master Pikachu 11

I feel like the word 'faithful' is only related to the story line. Introducing G and D max would be kind of stupid in my opinion but mega evolution seems like an option in my eyes.
Hopefully they introduce more Megas since they are more popular then the other gimmicks that they have introduced and I felt other Pokémon should have gotten it.

esquilo09

I hope they take a ninja village styled approach when it comes to gengar in battles.
Oh I get it! Because Gengar has the ability to hide in the shadows and ninjas can also hide in the shadows, a good combination. Although the only difference is that Gengar can literally hide in the shadows while the ninjas uses their black clothes to blend in with the shadows.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Actually, if Ash is going to get mega evolution, I think it should be Charizard.

Yes, Lucario bonded with Ash. But the relationship between Ash's Charizard, Squirtle and Balbasaur is more special than the others.

Charizard x was a poker that should have been given to Ash.

Lucario is absolutely special. But I prefer Charizard to get mega.

ShadowForce720

Actually, if Ash is going to get mega evolution, I think it should be Charizard.

Yes, Lucario bonded with Ash. But the relationship between Ash's Charizard, Squirtle and Balbasaur is more special than the others.

Charizard x was a poker that should have been given to Ash.

Lucario is absolutely special. But I prefer Charizard to get mega.
There is nothing to say that Ash can’t get more then one Mega Stone. Yes, Ash has a strong bond with Charizard however unlike Charizard Lucario is a current and active member of the current team, and given that it looks up to Korrina’s Lucario it’s pretty likely that if Ash uses Mega Evolution that Lucario will be the first one to Mega Evolve.

Really once Ash has a keystone he will just need the Pokémon respective Mega Stone and a strong bond with the Pokémon and it will be able to Mega Evolving.

Basically Ash’s Lucario will likely be the one to open the door to Ash using Mega Evolution paving the way for some of Ash’s other Pokémon to possibly use Mega Evolution at a later point as well.

charinija

Pokemon Master
There is nothing to say that Ash can’t get more then one Mega Stone. Yes, Ash has a strong bond with Charizard however unlike Charizard Lucario is a current and active member of the current team, and given that it looks up to Korrina’s Lucario it’s pretty likely that if Ash uses Mega Evolution that Lucario will be the first one to Mega Evolve.

Really once Ash has a keystone he will just need the Pokémon respective Mega Stone and a strong bond with the Pokémon and it will be able to Mega Evolving.

Basically Ash’s Lucario will likely be the one to open the door to Ash using Mega Evolution paving the way for some of Ash’s other Pokémon to possibly use Mega Evolution at a later point as well.

I don't remember anyone who could do more than one mega evolution in an anime.

But if there is going to be a mega evolution in this series, it will be with Lucario. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.