• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

There is nothing to say that Ash can’t get more then one Mega Stone. Yes, Ash has a strong bond with Charizard however unlike Charizard Lucario is a current member of the current team, and given that it looks up to Korrina’s Lucario it’s pretty likely that if Ash uses Mega Evolution that Lucario will be the first one to Mega Evolve.

Really once Ash has a keystone he will just need the Pokémon respective Mega Stone and a strong bond with the Pokémon and it will be able to Mega Evolving.

Basically Ash’s Lucario will likely be the one to open the door to Ash using Mega Evolution paving the way for some of Ash’s other Pokémon to possibly use Mega Evolution at a later point as well.

I fixed it for you. I took active out, since it hasn't done anything, nor has it appeared on screen since the last Unova episode.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Goh, in my opinion, will be the first character in a region to reach his final evolution of three starter pokemon.

Ash mostly took pokemons that evolved to the final level or evolved once.

I just realized that.

The pokemons that Ash caught, respectively

Dragonite 2 evolution

Gengar 2 evolution

Lucario 1 evolution

Sirfetc 1 evolution

Dracovish cannot evolve.

In other words, the evolution numbers of the pokemons that Ash caught decreased.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

And the pokemon Ash will catch from now on may be the non evolved pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I don't remember anyone who could do more than one mega evolution in an anime.

But if there is going to be a mega evolution in this series, it will be with Lucario. I agree.
Keeps in mind that is likely because the vast majority of characters that aren’t named Ash don’t tend to stick around long enough, especially past the series they were introduced in to get enough battles to show off another Mega Evolution.

Where Ash tends to get more battles then others do to sticking around and thus would have more chances to show other Mega Evolutions.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

DuskAstral

But if there is going to be a mega evolution in this series, it will be with Lucario.
I don't think that would happen as it already has access to the Gigantamax (although it has only been used twice). In my opinion, having Mega Evolution and G-max at the same time is a bit too much.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Goh, in my opinion, will be the first character in a region to reach his final evolution of three starter pokemon.

Ash mostly took pokemons that evolved to the final level or evolved once.

I just realized that.

The pokemons that Ash caught, respectively

Dragonite 2 evolution

Gengar 2 evolution

Lucario 1 evolution

Sirfetc 1 evolution

Dracovish cannot evolve.

In other words, the evolution numbers of the pokemons that Ash caught decreased.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

And the pokemon Ash will catch from now on may be the non evolved pokemon.
Nah I think you’re reading too much into it. Seems he may be getting a Kubfu and maybe even a Toxtricity which is an increase from Dracovish

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Cilan is underrated.

Definitely. After having Brock for so many years and Who? for the OI arc, it was so refreshing to see the male companion be so outgoing and not just used for exposition. Don't get me wrong, I loved Brock but he was always so underutilized that any episode where he did anything semi-interesting was a big deal. For example in the BF arc when he competed against May in a contest or in Sinnoh when he competed in the Hearthome Tag Battle Tournament or the dress up competition.

Cilan was ALWAYS willing to compete in stuff and gave it his all. I wish he would have gotten more Pokémon, but that was the start of the trend of giving companions 3 Pokémon max.

If he returns in Journeys, he should be an S-Class Connoisseur. Perhaps, he can help Chloe and Eevee decide what kind of evolution might fit her the most.

DuskAstral

I think that Ash and Go are going to train with a kubfu of their own
Until I see it in the anime, I won't believe Satoshi will catch the legend. I don't remember him ever interested in catching legends (He cared only for friendship with them).

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't think that would happen as it already has access to the Gigantamax (although it has only been used twice). In my opinion, having Mega Evolution and G-max at the same time is a bit too much.
technically, I don't know if both mega evolution and gigantamax happen at the same time.

I wonder how they will explain this in the anime.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Nah I think you’re reading too much into it. Seems he may be getting a Kubfu and maybe even a Toxtricity which is an increase from Dracovish
I just noticed that.

If Ash's possession of pokemons parallels the number of evolutions he has gone through, it is likely that Ash's next pokemon should be the pokemon that never evolved.

2 evolution 2 evolution 1 evolution 1 evolution 0 evolution pokemon capture order

I believe Ash will get 1 more pokemon that has never evolved. And this could possibly be a legendary pokemon.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Do you mean in the same battle or a pokemon that can both gigantamax/dynamax and mega evolve? The first is probably possible.
Yes. For example, a Charizard gigantamax / dynamax with keystone also happens.In other words, in pokemons that can undergo both changes

Which one should be preferred or is it possible to switch from one to the other?

I am curious about this topic.

DuskAstral

Do you mean in the same battle or a pokemon that can both gigantamax/dynamax and mega evolve? The first is probably possible.
What I meant was that since Pikachu got his G-max form, there is probably no chance for Satoshi to get the Mega Stone. For some reason, there hasn't been a single person with both Dynamax Band and Mega Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.