• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsH KetcHHup

What I meant was that since Pikachu got his G-max form, there is probably no chance for Satoshi to get the Mega Stone. For some reason, there hasn't been a single person with both Dynamax Band and Mega Stone.
I mean loads of trainers probably have keystones that we're unaware of. They just suddenly seem to appear in a battle.

desdar300

What I meant was that since Pikachu got his G-max form, there is probably no chance for Satoshi to get the Mega Stone. For some reason, there hasn't been a single person with both Dynamax Band and Mega Stone.
That's probably because they don't exist in their respective generational games.
However here that logic doesn't really apply since in Pokemon Sun and Moon they use Z moves in Kanto.

DuskAstral

However here that logic doesn't really apply since in Pokemon Sun and Moon they use Z moves in Kanto.
Yes, but it's still puzzling why Satoshi chose not to use Z-attacks in Journeys (since they work everywhere). It looks as if the developers don't want Satoshi to have two buffs at once (only the one in the next generation of games counts).

AsH KetcHHup

Yes, but it's still puzzling why Satoshi chose not to use Z-attacks in Journeys (since they work everywhere). It looks as if the developers don't want Satoshi to have two buffs at once (only the one in the next generation of games counts).
Ash took out trainers with one thunderbolt at the start of the season. He would've been far too powerful with a z-move. I'd like to see them bring it back but I doubt they'll actually bother until a later stage in the series.

Red and Blue

Until I see it in the anime, I won't believe Satoshi will catch the legend. I don't remember him ever interested in catching legends (He cared only for friendship with them).
If Ash is going to catch Kubfu it won't be because it's a Legendary. He will catch it for the same reasons he caught his other Pokemon

ShadowForce720

Until I see it in the anime, I won't believe Satoshi will catch the legend. I don't remember him ever interested in catching legends (He cared only for friendship with them).
I’m not sure why you keep trying to make this argument that Ash’s has to express interest in catching a legendary for him to get one.

Look no matter how you try to argue it Ash has a significant amount of Pokémon that he didn’t initially express interest in but he still caught any way.

For instance he never really expressed interest in owning a Dragonite but that didn’t prevent him from catching one. Also he has expressed interest in catching legendary Pokémon before as he expressed interest in catching both Moltres and Zeraora.

So no, Ash not specifically expressing an interest in getting a specific legendary Pokémon doesn’t mean that can’t get a legendary Pokémon.

Especially considering that if Ash could only catch Pokémon he was specifically interested in catching then he should be able to have a significant amount of the Pokémon he does now, as didn’t originally expressed interest in owning them.

Not every major battle that Ash participates in will be Galar, and we haven’t seen any evidence that Dynmax/ Gigantamax can be used outside of Galar.

So no, just because Ash’s Pikachu can Gigantamax doesn’t prevent him from using Mega Evolution especially when he has a Pokémon on his team that has a Mega Evolution and has been inspired by it’s role model being Korrina’s Lucario who is able to Mega Evolve.

So what if we have yet to see a trainer have both a Dynamax Band and Mega Stone? Ash had a Ultra Beast, a mythical Pokémon, two starters, a special form of Lycanroc, and 3 signature Z-Crystals along with 5 or 6 normal Z-crystals which more then any other character that used z-crystals in Sun and Moon.

So no, there isn’t really any problem with Ash using both Dynamax/Gigantamax, Mega Evolutions, and Z-moves.

Especially when it’s pretty clear look at his team and at the anime that the anime isn’t solely focused on promoting gen 8 but is instead focus on promoting all the generations.

If anything there is a pretty good chance that Ash will get a Mega Stone and use Mega Evolution during this series.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I just noticed that.

If Ash's possession of pokemons parallels the number of evolutions he has gone through, it is likely that Ash's next pokemon should be the pokemon that never evolved.

2 evolution 2 evolution 1 evolution 1 evolution 0 evolution pokemon capture order

I believe Ash will get 1 more pokemon that has never evolved. And this could possibly be a legendary pokemon.
What legendary Pokémon do you see him getting because I think Kubfu which a 1 evolution mon is his best chance at getting a legendary in this series? However, I can see Ash getting Absol in order to keep that trend going by having another non evolve mon.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
What legendary Pokémon do you see him getting because I think Kubfu which a 1 evolution mon is his best chance at getting a legendary in this series? However, I can see Ash getting Absol in order to keep that trend going by having another non evolve mon.
In addition to Absol, I can see Ash getting Latios, Entei, Raikou, Galarian Zapdos, Galarian Moltres and Galarian Articuno.

DuskAstral

So no, there isn’t really any problem with Ash using both Dynamax/Gigantamax, Mega Evolutions, and Z-moves.
I see a problem because it would be too powerful then. Also, I don't see any point in giving him Mega Evolution in this series since he'll probably only come out once (even G-max has only been used twice).

ShadowForce720

I see a problem because it would be too powerful then. Also, I don't see any point in giving him Mega Evolution in this series since he'll probably only come out once (even G-max has only been used twice).
No it wouldn’t. Also they didn’t have any problem having Ash use 9 different Z-moves in Sun and Moon, so it wouldn’t really be a problem with Ash using Dynamax/Gigantamaxing and Mega Evolution in Journeys.

Like I said not every important battle is going to take place in Galar so there would be plenty of chances for Ash using Mega Evolutions more then once.

nickdt

No it wouldn’t. Also they didn’t have any problem having Ash use 9 different Z-moves in Sun and Moon, so it wouldn’t really be a problem with Ash using Dynamax/Gigantamaxing and Mega Evolution in Journeys.

Like I said not every important battle is going to take place in Galar so there would be plenty of chances for Ash using Mega Evolutions more then once.

While this is true, Ash only used his Z-Moves against other trainers that had them (Except for Team Skull, but they deserve it).

Ash getting a Mega also requires other PWC participants to get a Mega, and there aren't enough Mega's for that anyways.

Brock and Misty are set with Steelix and Gyarados. Wulfric and Steven are set with Abomasnow and Metagross and Diantha is set with Gardevoir. However, i only listed game characters (Else we have Sawyer, Alain, Remo, Trevor, Astrid, Blaziken Mask as well).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ey4HLcwWQAEf0e9

Corocoro.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
That one in the bottom right, gives me Legends Arceus vibes.
That's from the Mewtwo Movie in 2019. I think they will do some repromotion of that this Year since there seems to really be no New Pokemon Movie this Summer/Winter and plus it fits in well with the Anime's Current Premise.

I do wonder if the reason they are rushing this is because they want a New TV Main Series to promote the Legends Game in Early 2022. Maybe one without Ash and then they can come back to Ash's Journey when Gen 9 releases (?)

EDIT: Apparently according to this Spanish Guy (who has a rather credible track record and knows a little bit of Japanese). Mew will appear in May 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

desdar300

Probably because Dynamax and potentially Mega Evolution are in fashion.
Lucario will said to be the first non legendary Pokemon to mega evolve so that gives it something special without having to create a new form for it and Pikachu still gets to have its own Vmax form.

diegoah1

That's from the Mewtwo Movie in 2019. I think they will do some repromotion of that this Year since there seems to really be no New Pokemon Movie this Summer/Winter and plus it fits in well with the Anime's Current Premise.

I do wonder if the reason they are rushing this is because they want a New TV Main Series to promote the Legends Game in Early 2022. Maybe one without Ash and then they can come back to Ash's Journey when Gen 9 releases (?)

EDIT: Apparently according to this Spanish Guy (who has a rather credible track record and knows a little bit of Japanese). Mew will appear in May 2021.
Pff, that guy is not reliable, he publish a lot of fake news like the "Return of the past, present and future. VS Kairyu"

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Ey4HLcwWQAEf0e9

Corocoro.

That says absolutely nothing other than the fact that Go's goal in the anime is searching for Mew. The entire page is just a feature on Mew in general, showing off various media it's appeared in.

I believe this is the first time since the Alola League that Pokemon Anime has been featured on CoroCoro.

No, they mention it every now and then.

It says absolutely nothing like that, and I don't believe for a second this person has any kind of track record, nor that he knows a single word Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.