• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
May I please ask what's the problem with using Merchandise as an indicator of what's to come when that has almost always been the primary indicator of what's coming since DAY 1?

Why does it bother people so much if some uses merch to speculate in a Speculation Thread ?

It's pretty much the only thing we have to go off of until we get new info from magazines or the show itself

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
May I please ask what's the problem with using Merchandise as an indicator of what's to come when that has almost always been the primary indicator of what's coming since DAY 1?

Why does it bother people so much if some uses merch to speculate in a Speculation Thread ?

It's pretty much the only thing we have to go off of until we get new info from magazines or the show itself
Most merch don't exactly indicate anything. Like with constant random posting of G-Ponyta merch when it literally means nothing at this point. Just leads to false assumptions which are not the same as speculations.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Most merch don't exactly indicate anything. Just leads to false assumptions which are not the same as speculations.
We knew Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Eevee, Dracovish, Sirfetch'd, and Drizzile were going to join the Main Cast because of Merchandise.

Sure not all merchandise is an indicator. But more than often not, it has been.

>mi familia
that's it
Ohh okay then, is there an Anime-exclusive place that's been mostly created for The Pokemon Anime so that not to bore Everyone else?
And, if I wanted to put Anime-Exclusive Place in, It would be Galar Region (Even if they don't wanna put it in, Why not an Island that sounds tropical and amazing! I think it better be called Champion island.)

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
This.

While merchandise can give you a hint as to what may appear next, it's not that reliable an indicator and is kind of loose. I mean, we've had a ton of Tyranitar merchandise last year pre-COVID hiatus with a lot of hype around Ash getting the baby Larvitar who fully evolved, yet that merchandise hinting went nowhere at the end of the day.
And this current series gives the merchandise makers the perfect excuse to sell literally anything they want. Past Series didn't. You could only sell some Kanto Pokemon Merch + the Remake of that Generation's Pokemon + That Specific Generation's Pokemon. Meanwhile you can literally sell any Pokemon from all eight regions during the course of this series under the subtext of "They will appear soon!" while they might not even appear when that specific Pokemon's Merch is being sold. Which is why I am telling, this is the most Capitalist & Corporatist the Pokemon Anime has ever been. It has always been accused of being an advertisement for the games but man the Merch Sellers/Makers must be absolutely loving this Current Series.

Morax

King of heroes
Ohh okay then, is there an Anime-exclusive place that's been mostly created for The Pokemon Anime so that not to bore Everyone else?
And, if I wanted to put Anime-Exclusive Place in, It would be Galar Region (Even if they don't wanna put it in, Why not an Island that sounds tropical and amazing! I think it better be called Champion island.)
I like that, champion island.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
And this current series gives the merchandise makers the perfect excuse to sell literally anything they want. Past Series didn't. You could only sell some Kanto Pokemon Merch + the Remake of that Generation's Pokemon + That Specific Generation's Pokemon. Meanwhile you can literally sell any Pokemon from all eight regions during the course of this series under the subtext of "They will appear soon!" while they might not even appear when that specific Pokemon's Merch is being sold. Which is why I am telling, this is the most Capitalist & Corporatist the Pokemon Anime has ever been. It has always been accused of being an advertisement for the games but man the Merch Sellers/Makers must be absolutely loving this Current Series.
The anime was always an advertisement for the games anyways. It was nothing more than a marketing tool since the beginning.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!

I am pretty sure we were getting Drizzile merchandise several months before Sobble's evolution episode even had a title much less a trailer. Merchandise can predict future evolutions and captures but sometimes it is just that, merchandise.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This.

While merchandise can give you a hint as to what may appear next, it's not that reliable an indicator and is kind of loose. I mean, we've had a ton of Tyranitar merchandise last year pre-COVID hiatus with a lot of hype around Ash getting the baby Larvitar who fully evolved, yet that merchandise hinting went nowhere at the end of the day.

Hype in this case being fanmade theories. The merchandise is just there and didn't 'hint' towards baby Larvitar now being a Tyranitar - that's on us. Sometimes people say that 'the merchandise was deceiving us/leading us in the wrong direction'. It isn't, that's our interpretations and hopes.

I mean look at Galarian Ponyta. It's basically Pokémon's MyLittlePony, so of course they're milking the hell out if it in terms of merchandise. Then comes the Ponyta episode and... she doesn't catch it? "But the merch?!"

This.

That Salisbury bread package from way back seems to suggest that Dragonite fights Haxorus at some point. So i think ash will switch Dragonite, use Dracovish to beat angrynite, Dracovish will lose to Haxorus and then Dragonite will beat haxorus

Nah, Dragonite vs. Dragonite is set-up as the big fight. Sure, Ash could switch during the battle but as for now the following seems like the most logical scenario:
Dracovish vs. Angrynite: L for Dracovish, re-establishes Angrynite as the beefcake powerhouse to newer viewers.
Happynite vs. Angrynite: The 'big promoted match-up'. Ash's Dragonite takes out Angrynite. Giving Ash's his 'moment'.
Happynite vs. Surprisorus: 'We' kept Axew out of the promotional material and evolved in offscreenland! You didn't see this one coming did you?!

Guess what I think happens when a tired Dragonite fights a surprise evolution Haxorus..

And that 'moment' I mentioned surely isn't going to be enough to satisfy.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
As i had a thought what if Giovanni returns in the journeys and have a confrontation with ash and all the past companions of ash return together and have a final showdown against Team Rocket where ash with all of the companions take down Team rocket once and for all and Jessie and James quit Team rocket and get married and Meowth Joins Ash's team.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What 3 galar pokemon would you be interested in seeing Ash catch to round off his Galar team?

Outside of maybe Corviknight, I'm not really sure... Grimmsnarl?, G-Darmanitan?, Appletun?
I’d take Corviknight, Grimmsnarl, and Obstagoon/Galarian Darmanitan. I just want at least 5 Galar mons like every other region got.

I don’t even use merchandise as speculation but I don’t see why people get so upset about it. It’s not like you’re saying “Ash will definitely catch ____ because of merch!”. You’re just speculating on the possibility. As long as you’re not using it as infallible evidence, I see no issue.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Just remembered we saw scans of Emolga. So I wonder if there will be something else going on aside from the battle in the episode. Hope we get to see Excadrill and Gible too

Maybe in a groupshot, but between reintroducing Iris and the battle, it's kind of weird if they started focusing on the one member of her team that has zero ties to the rest of the cast (Ash+Pikachu in particular).

^-Mostly talking about her Gible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.