• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDragon16

Given Ash’s team is already at 6 can we even expect him to capture anymore?

With fast-ball Goh as his traveling companion it’s unlikely

D

Deleted member 384931

Hmm. I rather want him to use reserves. As long it is a mix of his main JN team and reserves.

ShadowForce720

Were only a little more then 60 episodes into a series that will probably last at least 4 years, and Ash already has a full team of 6 and they are fully evolved.

So yes, chances are that Ash is going to be catching more Pokémon otherwise they would spread out his captures more and would have given him more Pokémon that could evolve.

Also no, Ash having Goh traveling with him doesn’t prevent him from getting more captures. Also I think should point this out but all the Pokémon that Goh catches for the most part would under normal circumstances just be reduced down to Pokémon of days.

Basically Goh doesn’t actually really have that much of an impact if any on what Pokémon Ash captures.

The people in charge of the anime and the writers likely already know what Pokémon they intend to give with Ash.

So basically for example the only thing that would change by removing Goh in the case of the Flygon and Absol episodes is they would either go to the character that would take Goh’s place or they would just be reduced to Pokémon of the day.

nickdt

So lets asume, Satoshi uses reserves at some point in Journeys, which ones could it be?

Charizard
Bulbasaur
Squirtle?
Snorlax
Tauros
Quilava
Donphan
Sceptile
Glalie
Infernape
Torterra
Buizel
Gliscor
Pignite
Leavanny
Krookodile
Talonflame
Noivern
Hawlucha
Goodra?
All the Alola squad

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So lets asume, Satoshi uses reserves at some point in Journeys, which ones could it be?
If Infernape is any indication, Sinnoh mons and maybe even Quilava, Rowlet, and oshawott (for legends) are a possibility. Also, Melmetal has a Gmax (as does kingler, Snorlax, and Charizard) so they could go that route. And call it wishful thinking but we still haven’t seen Incineroar battle...

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I'd like an episode where Ash accidentally meets a very old friend - Butterfree. And this pokemon return to Ash's team temporarily.
As for the reserve ones, i would like not only Infernape to return to Ash, but also Charizard, Heracross, Snorlax, Swellow and Scepitle.
Only these pokemon.
And if there is to be affiliation with Diamond & Pearl, I'd rather only Infernape, Torterra and Gible (although Lusamine might just give Garchomp back to him in return for gift after helping her a lot for a long time) returned to Ash.

nickdt

If we go by game marketing, then Infernape, Staraptor, Torterra, Buizel, Gliscor, and Gible take priority followed by Rowlet and Quilava and then everyone else.

Yeah, but if we go by popularity
Infernape, Charizard, Bulbasaur and Sceptile are first, followed by Talonflame and Noivern and then then the rest.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Too bad Janine, Drayden, Marlon and Cheren weren't in the WCS Great Class...

They can definitely be in the Ultra Class. Think about it. The Ultra Class is Ranks 100 > 9.

There's more than enough slots for Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Frontier Brains and other important characters to be in.

Lt. Surge is basically guaranteed to be in Ultra Class by now since they teased a battle against Ash.

I like you, hope that Ash battles gym leaders he missed out on as well but I'm gonna include more.

Kanto : Forrest, Misty, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Anabel
Johto : Clair, Karen
Hoenn : Norman, Phoebe
Sinnoh : Maylene, Palmer, Dahlia, Flint
Unova : Iris*, Drayden, Marlon,
Kalos : Korrina, Malva, Seibold
Alola : Ilima, Kahili, Molayne
Galar : Marnie, Bede, Hop

Status
Not open for further replies.