• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
At this point its dumb to bring random newly made characters for pwc, rather than actual game characters we havent seen yet like elite four.
I'd rather see old anime characters as well like Paul and alot of the characters from the original Kanto series.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No, it's cry was more like "cocky cocky cocky"

Nah, definitely distinctively remember him sounding like Cookiemonster..

That being said, if that's what you remember, then you haven't watched OS at all, since its fights vs. Mandy was iconic. Its battle in the WhirlCup was also quite epic (Crabhammer was awesome). Then it got zapped by a Voltorb before it could battle in the Johto League.

But yeah, that's ALL of it.. >.>

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ah right, that reminds me regarding his reserves:
-For one, Kingler hasnt had a battle since its shaft in Johto
-For two, Glalie got the boot entirely post-Hoenn League
-Quilava only had 1 battle after a randomass evo
-Gible was a victim of "late-capture syndrome"
-Torterra got completely screwed over in favor of basically Infernape
-Half of his Unova squad need redemption, some evos can help. Fk the personalities, doesnt mean crap if they don't do anything besides comic relief and being useless.
-Half of his Kalos team was practically worthless especially the dragons
-His SM squad was basically the Lycanroc And Torracat/Incineroar Show and the other two being meaningless with another "late capture syndrome" victim, and that round lazy sleepy thing.

How pitiful lmao.

nickdt

Ah right, that reminds me regarding his reserves:
-For one, Kingler hasnt had a battle since its shaft in Johto
-For two, Glalie got the boot entirely post-Hoenn League
-Quilava only had 1 battle after a randomass evo
-Gible was a victim of "late-capture syndrome"
-Torterra got completely screwed over in favor of basically Infernape
-Half of his Unova squad need redemption, some evos can help. Fk the personalities, doesnt mean crap if they don't do anything besides comic relief and being useless.
-Half of his Kalos team was practically worthless especially the dragons
-His SM squad was basically the Lycanroc And Torracat/Incineroar Show and the other two being meaningless with another "late capture syndrome" victim, and that round lazy sleepy thing.

How pitiful lmao.

Ummm.. Torracat did basically nothing before the league.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ummm.. Torracat did basically nothing before the league.
Still had the second most focus out of his SM roster, doesn’t matter if it did nothing beforehand.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!

That being said, if that's what you remember, then you haven't watched OS at all, since its fights vs. Mandy was iconic. Its battle in the WhirlCup was also quite epic (Crabhammer was awesome). Then it got zapped by a Voltorb before it could battle in the Johto League.

Yeah, I was pretty young when I watched OS (like 5-6 years old) and watched on the TV so I don't remember much and probably didn't watched every episode

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
"Gotta catch 'em all" and "Ketchum" is not made in Japan. This slogan was created by 4Kids Productions. It was derived from original Japanese slogan: "Pokémon getto da ze!". The proper translation should be: "I'll get you, Pokemon".

Fairly sure it translates as "I'll get a Pokémon" in this context.

Either way, you are right. Can't blame the people who make the show for 4Kids' made up fantasies about what they wanted the show to be besides only dubbing and distributing(?) it

esquilo09

I did watch OS and to me it sounded like it was saying "cocky".

So lets asume, Satoshi uses reserves at some point in Journeys, which ones could it be?
With Ash already in the super class and potentially moving up to the ultra class I can't exactly see him using any first stage mons since journeys and gone out of their way to evolve all his pokemon early. Obviously though there could be exceptions such as bulbasaur or squirtle or even any two stage mons that may get a surprise evo like buizel who knows. But what I think we should expect from Ash's reservers to be the middle to final stage more popular and marketable mons.

AsH KetcHHup

With Ash already in the super class and potentially moving up to the ultra class I can't exactly see him using any first stage mons since journeys and gone out of their way to evolve all his pokemon early. Obviously though there could be exceptions such as bulbasaur or squirtle or even any two stage mons that may get a surprise evo like buizel who knows. But what I think we should expect from Ash's reservers to be the middle to final stage more popular and marketable mons.
I'd love to see Buizel evolve. The water gym leader from Sinnoh looked like he could have been so much stronger if it weren't for plot armour being able to deflect hyper beams and deflect big moves like giga impact. Buizel was responsible for the awesome battle between it and Mylene's lucario. Ice aqua jet was pretty cool as well. Buizel better get attention this series.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master

Why Squirtle? Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve, but Squirtle never disagreed with the idea.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Watch Koharu's goal be a photographer (not that this is bad tho, It could be really nice)

That could be. Honestly it could be a nice mix of her parent's jobs. The scientific aspect of what her dad does and observes Pokémon in their natural environment and the artistic aspect of what her mom does and creates perfect shots to show off the nature of the Pokémon.

She could be a better handled Tracey, Todd, and Trevor combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.