• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Granted we don't know yet if the Moltres ordeal is going to be a raid fight, guess we'll see.

your other points do make some sense, but if it turns out Infernape is the only pokemon attacking Moltres and Goh tries to capture it, then that would be a clear sign of hypocrisy.

The only trade the two should do is their boldores and trade back, even if we never see Gigalith again due to the supposed "it's hard to animate" reasoning.
It’s pretty much confirmed that it is a raid battle as this from the 1st post in the episode 68 thread basically confirms it:

E2b5APl.jpg

SATOSHI, GO AND SHIGERU
CHALLENGE THE LEGENDARY POKÉMON FIRE!!

An encounter with Shigeru turns into a battle against a legendary Pokémon! Satoshi challenges Fire alongside Goukazaru, the return of a pairing we haven't seen for quite a while! What kind of battle will we get when they form a Fire type tag team with Go and Aceburn?! And just what is Shigeru's reason for being here in the first place?!

FIRE: One of the legendary bird Pokémon. Its beautiful feathers look as if they're burning, and even a single one of them is considered an extremely rare valuable.

Blurb: Fire controls flames! How will Satoshi and Go fight it?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Only his electric moves were messed up it still had quick attack and iron tail with him which he could have used to destroy snivy. How people still defend that bad writing is beyond me, that match basically summed up BW series.

Had you actually watched the episode, you'd have known that Pikachu's Electric moves weren't just disabled, attempting to use them completely exhausted it. And this wasn't a video game where you got handy text boxes popping up telling you exactly what's going on and what crazy effects have been applied to the battle, Pikachu basically destroyed itself just trying to figure out what was going on.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Even with Ash's Infernape coming back, I don't believe that Ash is completely done catching Pokémon. We are still too early in the series and after hopefully beating Iris, Ash still has ranks 100>9 to go through.

He has yet to capture Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, and Alola in this series and I think they'll likely be fully evolved Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar so they don't have too spend too much time on them from their base forms.

Personally, I think they should be Espeon, Beautifly, Beartic, Gogoat, and Alolan Sandslash.

Espeon could appear as an Eevee that Ash and Dragonite save from danger and due to the immense kindness shown by both, she ends up evolving in the same episode. It can also play into the huge contrast between her and Chloe's Eevee and maybe have Ash and Chloe genuinely converse to each other.

I chose Beautifly for Hoenn as Ash got a Dragonite after Iris owned one, so I wondered what he can "copy" from May. Beautifly works due to the fact that the writers trolled Goh by giving him three Dustox. Maybe Ash can get a shiny Beautifly or something idk.

For Unova, I chose Beartic as it doesn't overlap with any of his own Unova Pokémon and besides Glalie, Ash is seriously suffering in the Ice-type. Maybe it can be a Beartic that lost it's title as leader of the clan and grew to respect Ash and chose to go with him instead. It can be the new Hawlucha.

For Kalos, Gogoat can suit him well. He was enamored with Alexa's Gogoat and Noivern and they gave him Noivern in XY so it's Gogoat's turn. It can be his land rideable Pokémon as Dragonite is his air one.

For Alola, I just gave him Alolan Sandslash as a counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix and like stated before, he needs more Ice types. I don't think the other Alolan forms fit him well other than Raichu.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
It would be weird given the context of the episode. If it was just a normal raid battle it would be fine whoever wins out, but given that it’s infernape and gary’s return you’d expect them to be the star of the episode and showing their stuff. Having goh make a capture after that just takes away from it and kinda ruins the moment.

Actually this battle against Moltres is the 4th raid battle, as the 2nd raid battle was against Flygon and the 3rd raid battle was against Zapdos.
So basically raid battles really are just for goh?

ShadowForce720

It would be weird given the context of the episode. If it was just a normal raid battle it would be fine whoever wins out, but given that it’s infernape and gary’s return you’d expect them to be the star of the episode and showing their stuff. Having goh make a capture after that just takes away from it and kinda ruins the moment.

Nope.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Well porper writingwise he should beat raihan a dragon type trainer with dragonite, cynthia with his infernape, diantha with ash greninja, lance with his charizard (gigatamax battle) and steven stone with mega sceptile, and alder with either snorlax or krokodile this will give more importance to regional aces.
I don't think the master class will change too much from last season, except Ash snagging the #8 spot. He will probably only face;

#1. Raihan
#2. ?
#3. Leon.

That is unless he challenges the top rankers outside of the official tournament or takes Raihans spot.
Granted we don't know yet if the Moltres ordeal is going to be a raid fight, guess we'll see.
The magazine summary tells us that Infernape and Cinderace will be tag teaming, though Gary is likely also involved:
Satoshi challenges Fire alongside Goukazaru, the return of a pairing we haven't seen for quite a while! What kind of battle will we get when they form a Fire type tag team with Go and Aceburn?!

There was also the Lugia battle, if you count it, that Goh didn't participate in, Zapdos wasn't caught, and Flygon was pretty much solo.

Ash hasn't caught a raid pokemon so far, but he has still gotten to participate in the raids, which is more than can be said about Goh and trainer battles.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon16

I mean Goh caught golurk when dragonite did most of the damage, Goh caught eternatus after the legendaries did all the work. So Goh trying to be the one to catch moltres with Ash and Gary doing most of the work wouldn’t be too hard to believe.

I have my doubts he will catch any more legendary pokemon because he wasn’t allowed to keep suicune confined. Im sure he will try but I doubt he will get any

Red and Blue

I mean Goh caught golurk when dragonite did most of the damage, Goh caught eternatus after the legendaries did all the work. So Goh trying to be the one to catch moltres with Ash and Gary doing most of the work wouldn’t be too hard to believe.

I have my doubts he will catch any more legendary pokemon because he wasn’t allowed to keep suicune confined. Im sure he will try but I doubt he will get any
I mean if Moltres and any other Legendary are allowed to roam the world while still owned by Go it could happen again

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The 5 vs 5 is the actual bad battle. Pikachu was in much better shape but still lost to Servine.
The final battles takes the cake for me purely because of how disrespectful it was of the rivalry, just thrown out and never really giving us the final showdown that it deserved. Despite the somewhat awful start if a rivalry happens at the start you can't help but get invested and for the final payout to be... that. It's quite disappointing, should have just scrapped Cameron or Virgil and made Trip last longer
Even with Ash's Infernape coming back, I don't believe that Ash is completely done catching Pokémon. We are still too early in the series and after hopefully beating Iris, Ash still has ranks 100>9 to go through.

He has yet to capture Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, and Alola in this series and I think they'll likely be fully evolved Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar so they don't have too spend too much time on them from their base forms.

Personally, I think they should be Espeon, Beautifly, Beartic, Gogoat, and Alolan Sandslash.

Espeon could appear as an Eevee that Ash and Dragonite save from danger and due to the immense kindness shown by both, she ends up evolving in the same episode. It can also play into the huge contrast between her and Chloe's Eevee and maybe have Ash and Chloe genuinely converse to each other.

I chose Beautifly for Hoenn as Ash got a Dragonite after Iris owned one, so I wondered what he can "copy" from May. Beautifly works due to the fact that the writers trolled Goh by giving him three Dustox. Maybe Ash can get a shiny Beautifly or something idk.

For Unova, I chose Beartic as it doesn't overlap with any of his own Unova Pokémon and besides Glalie, Ash is seriously suffering in the Ice-type. Maybe it can be a Beartic that lost it's title as leader of the clan and grew to respect Ash and chose to go with him instead. It can be the new Hawlucha.

For Kalos, Gogoat can suit him well. He was enamored with Alexa's Gogoat and Noivern and they gave him Noivern in XY so it's Gogoat's turn. It can be his land rideable Pokémon as Dragonite is his air one.

For Alola, I just gave him Alolan Sandslash as a counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix and like stated before, he needs more Ice types. I don't think the other Alolan forms fit him well other than Raichu.
He's definitely not done, there's still basically 90% of the Galar dex to show off. And I doubt they'd call his Galar captures at just Dracovish and Sirfetch, I still have a good feeling on Dreepy and Kubfu. Gave up all hopes and dreams of Toxtricity

ShadowDragon16

I mean if Moltres and any other Legendary are allowed to roam the world while still owned by Go it could happen again
Possible yes but I would like to see a manner of equality between to two protagonists because at this point Goh has two legendaries in his den while Ash has zero. Or if they can’t be fair they should just drop Ash from the series he hasn’t really done anything that can beat Gohs suicune capture

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would honestly like to see somebody in the anime who doesn’t care about having goals or dreams, someone that clashes with....almost anyone in this tv show
Koharu is still in that category isn't she? Outside of school she doesn't have much else going on, and for all we know she might never settle for any particular goal.

Decidueye23

Maybe because of how he told Kiawe that people have to strive for their goals on their own power, and really emphasized how he had no plans on helping Ash with his goal, yet...the opposite is ok?

If Ash and Gary are fighting Moltres alongside him, and he tries to capture it, then that makes him a hypocrite, because how is that doing things on his own?
The ball throwing could also be him sending out his pokemon.

nickdt

It’s pretty much confirmed that it is a raid battle as this from the 1st post in the episode 68 thread basically confirms it:

Ash and Goh - Lets use Fire and Fighting types
Gary internally screaming - Don't these guys know type match-ups. Proceeds to use Electivire and Blastoise

Status
Not open for further replies.