• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
So what reserves will Satoshi use in the PWC?
I think it's better to ask about it only after the Infernape episode, as we're not sure yet if Ash will even use the Reserves, he only used them when he was in Johto and Sinnoh. In Unova, he only took a Charizard and nothing else.
In the Sun & Moon series, Bulbasaur had more interactions with Ash, however did not take any fight under his command. I assume that there were similar questions before each episode related to the reserve pokemon.
Only 3 series in a row, Ash never used more than one reserve pokemon.

My only satisfaction is that Infernape will join to Ash, even on a temporary basis. Well, we'll wait and see what this new episode with reserve Pokemon comes out of.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think it's better to ask about it only after the Infernape episode, as we're not sure yet if Ash will even use the Reserves, he only used them when he was in Johto and Sinnoh. In Unova, he only took a Charizard and nothing else.
In the Sun & Moon series, Bulbasaur had more interactions with Ash, however did not take any fight under his command. I assume that there were similar questions before each episode related to the reserve pokemon.

My only satisfaction is that Infernape will join to Ash, even on a temporary basis. Well, we'll wait and see what this new episode with reserve Pokemon comes out of.
True hmm. But we can Dream right?

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Aren't y'all deviating here? Here's my picks off whom Ash should catch next.

Gen 2 - Tyranitar (that Larvitar who has grown up)
Gen 3 - Gardevoir line
Gen 5 - Bisharp line
Gen 8 - Hatterene line
That's my pick:
Gen 2 - Tyranitar
Gen 3 - Gardevoir line
Gen 4 - Empoleon line
Gen 5 - Zoroark line
Gen 6 - Aegislash line
Gen 7 - Mimikyu
Gen 8 - Runerigus line

Pikachu111213

Traveler

He used reserves in the battle frontier saga too—specifically brought Phanpy back on his team and used Snorlax, Charizard, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Heracross, Torkoal, and Tauros

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
And man when they meet with them, if Goh ends up doing something to similar to Ash like jumping off of Prism Tower or making Serena fall for him (who would fall for Goh anyway?), I'll rage quit watching this Anime in general. They'll use the episode to overglorify Goh and his character, that is all these writers are interested in now. Especially we saw in the Alola Episode, how for completely no reason the Alola Companions started clapping for Goh and his crappy goal.

Or they could rehash goh's childhood where he accidentally met serena in another one of prof oak's summer camp where he helps her to his feet and brings back to camp making her fall fall for goh.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
What if Goh gets Mega Scizor, when/if Ash gets Mega Lucario? o_O

Yep. I believe he did command Bulbasaur against team Rocket in SM, but I could be wrong.

The alolan group returning to Oak's lab. Bulbasaur was there when they fought Team Rockets Mecha, and Jigglypuff showed up.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Simple as that. Everyone here had the right to express their opinions:)
Everyone has the right to express their opinions. Everyone also has the right to lampoon your opinions as my PhD Dissertation advisor has constantly insisted.

Honestly, the thing that bothers me about a lot of discussions spawned from calling Goh a psychopath/bully/whatever else is that proving he's not any of those things is easy to do by appealing to his established traits in the anime...
It's so odd to see people deadset on calling him a psychopath (and be wrong since he fails the Hare's qualifications by miles), when the show gives much better material for criticism such as not taking advantage of game mechanics like hidden grottos or honey to bait pokemon to break the monotony.

Status
Not open for further replies.