• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
SM>DP> OS Kanto &OL> XY>BF>BW>AG>Johto
I honestly don't think Ash is catching anything else
I still think he is. Just doesn't strike me that they're done with captures, even if alot of us are going to hate it.

ShadowForce720

I still think he is. Just doesn't strike me that they're done with captures, even if alot of us are going to hate it.
I agree, in all honesty if they had planned for Ash to catch only 5 Pokémon this time around they would have more then likely spread out his captures and have more of them be in their basic or middle stages where they could evolve further.

I mean where only a little more then 60 episodes in and Ash has already gotten five captures and all them are already fully evolved. It doesn’t make sense that Ash would already be done with all of his team changes when there is still a significant amount of episodes left.

I could understand if we had like only 10 episodes left or something, but Ash is supposedly going to go 2.5 years without any team changes when there is at least one character on the main cast will still be getting team changes.

I mean that would basically be over 100 straight episodes without a team change for Ash, that doesn’t really make that much sense, especially considering that he can get Pokémon from any of the regions meaning he has a incredibly large pool to chose from.

dman_dustin

I agree, in all honesty if they had planned for Ash to catch only 5 Pokémon this time around they would have more then likely spread out his captures and have more of them be in their basic or middle stages where they could evolve further.

I mean where only a little more then 60 episodes in and Ash has already gotten five captures and all them are already fully evolved. It doesn’t make sense that Ash would already be done with all of his team changes when there is still a significant amount of episodes left.

I could understand if we had like only 10 episodes left or something, but Ash is supposedly going to go 2.5 years without any team changes when there is at least one character on the main cast will still be getting team changes.

I mean that would basically be over 100 straight episodes without a team change for Ash, that doesn’t really make that much sense, especially considering that he can get Pokémon from any of the regions meaning he has a incredibly large pool to chose from.

I don't agree because of the uphill power scaling that exists.

It makes no sense for Ash to catch a Grimmsnarl 10 episodes away from his final match with Leon and it takes out Leon's Charizard, I mean it technically could but I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if the writers did that BS nonsense.

Because Ash could be going into hyper class, the only "new" Pokemon should be evolutions of reserves because why believe new captures at this point will be good enough for Elite 4 or champions or strong trainers like them.

ShadowForce720

I don't agree because of the uphill power scaling that exists.

It makes no sense for Ash to catch a Grimmsnarl 10 episodes away from his final match with Leon and it takes out Leon's Charizard, I mean it technically could but I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if the writers did that BS nonsense.

Because Ash could be going into hyper class, the only "new" Pokemon should be evolutions of reserves because why believe new captures at this point will be good enough for Elite 4 or champions or strong trainers like them.
I’m not saying that Ash should capture something 10 episodes way from the final battle.

However where nowhere close to being 10 episodes away from the final battle. Plus they can literally just have Ash encounter Pokémon that are just naturally strong or grow really fast. It doesn’t make any sense for Ash to be going 100+ episodes straight without any new captures and the only new additions being some reserves that wind up evolving.

I mean heck Ash didn’t catch his Gible until episode 157 of D&P, and didn’t catch his Meltan until episode 112 of Sun and Moon. I highly doubt that Ash is going to go potentially 2.5 years straight without getting another capture.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I hope once of gatcha mons is James Mime jr then he came back and become the galarian variant mr mime would be awesome

Master Pikachu 11

That's my pick:
Gen 2 - Tyranitar
Gen 3 - Gardevoir line
Gen 4 - Empoleon line
Gen 5 - Zoroark line
Gen 6 - Aegislash line
Gen 7 - Mimikyu
Gen 8 - Runerigus line
I agree with this except for the Gen 8 pick: I rather see a non regional variant/evolution be his next pick like Toxtricity, Corviknight, Dragapult, heck even Grimmsnarl. But other then that this would be my list as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash does beat Iris (I personally want a draw but with how the episode is worded and showcased unfortunately there will be one victor). My thinking is simple here with Iris officially becoming Unova's champion as confirmed via the official account for the Anime on Twitter. If Ash is going to be battling Elite 4 members, Champions. He's going to need to beat them all to face Leon. (I'm going to galaxy brain below so apologies)

With Iris, if she does happen to lose, she gets to go on a little revenge arc. As between Ash and Iris there was a lot of friendly competition. The only other character that can fall in this spot was Misty. (May, Dawn and Serena being distinct contrasts with different goals being Pokemon Coordinators). Iris besting Ash in official competition with her victory in the Anime Exclusive Club Battle Tournament held in Nimbasa City. While Ash got revenge during the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup (Albeit with Iris' Dragonite being disobedient). A victory is still a victory.
Because of this due to history Iris is technically speaking Ash's best inidividual rival because of her re-appearance. Both are respective champions, (Unova - Iris, Alola - Ash). So going into this presumptive 2v2, I'm going on record to say that Ash is the favourite not because of battling abilities, it's to rectify the faux win that Ash got during the Junior Cup arc.
I agree I fully expect Ash to win and move on to the hyper class, Iris is going to give him quite the battle, but in Ash will be the winner.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Yeah annoying characters are annoying, gender be damned. Even as a 90s kid, misty’s antics never left a good impression on me.
I've never really understood why she was popular. She gives off Karen vibes and that's not something I'd usually say about a girl or a woman unless they really crossed a line.

Although watching some of the Johto episodes tells me that she took a chill pill once Togepi appeared.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I've never really understood why she was popular. She gives off Karen vibes and that's not something I'd usually say about a girl or a woman unless they really crossed a line.

Although watching some of the Johto episodes tells me that she took a chill pill once Togepi appeared.

Meh, Dawn is still Ash's best companion.

ShadowForce720

I think it is either no more capture or 1 Gen 8 pokemon or 1 legendary pokemon.
At this point we really don’t know what Ash will get and how many more captures he will get. I mean heck if you go back to before Ash got Dragonite there were some people that thought for sure that he would only get gen 8 Pokémon, and yet then he turned around and got a Pokémon that had absolutely nothing to do with gen 8.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I disliked her temper sometimes, but I didn't find her annoying per se. The current Kasumi is pretty much devoid of that violent energy than she had during early OS while still maintaining some sassiness, which I think is a good balance. That said, I'm not particularly interested in seeing her again.
I honestly think there were only a couple of episodes where I genuinely liked her when i watched it as a kid, most of my attachment to her these day are just purely nostalgia.

She was just kind of the stereotypical tomboy that hits first ask questions later that you see plenty of in those days.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Here's how i look at it. Ash and Goh have completely different goals. Yes indeed. But at the same time we barely see the writers writing interesting plots for Goh's capture. Each saga you see Ash put in so much effort into raising and training his pokemon, even if he does end up losing at the end of the saga. 53 episodes in with barely some training, Goh gets handed down a suicune. Which is a massive advancement in his Goal. If it happened say with more amount of training and raising his pokemon, it would seem more earned and interesting. Or it should have been like Goh was not a novice trainer. He is also experienced. Thats the main criticism. Sure Goh's advancement and Ash's advancement arent comparable, but Goh's advancement itself seems very lazy writing. Instead of those God-aweful 2 part fillers, we could just have an episode about Ash and Goh training their pokemon. But i guess it is what it is. Gulpin are waaaay more fun apparently.
Pokémon will probably never not have filler.
We get more time spent on the captures that are more relevant, and even some of the ones which aren't. Goh has caught numerous Pokémon in manners that wouldn't be out of place in previous seasons.
We also do see Goh raising and training his Pokémon, + befriending a Pokémon is not dependent on battling. It's not like he defeated Suicune, nor does Suicune stay at the park.

At this point we really don’t know what Ash will get and how many more captures he will get. I mean heck if you go back to before Ash got Dragonite there were some people that thought for sure that he would only get gen 8 Pokémon, and yet then he turned around and got a Pokémon that had absolutely nothing to do with gen 8.
Its been obvious since they announced that Ash will not be restricted to Galar region. The hint was already there.

And now the capture rate have slowed down drastically, it is a hint that he won't get too many new captures.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I agree with this except for the Gen 8 pick: I rather see a non regional variant/evolution be his next pick like Toxtricity, Corviknight, Dragapult, heck even Grimmsnarl. But other then that this would be my list as well.
As for Galar, I would rather see Runerigus, Toxricity and Dracozolt just because I calculated that they have a better chance.

In Journeys, the creators gave the protagonists various pokemons from the region itself.
Goh has Farfetch'd from the Kanto region, Ash has Sirfetch'd.
The same applies to fossil pokemon: Dracovish for Ash, Arcozolt for Goh.

I am sure that this is not the end of capturing pokemon, even more the fossil pokemons (Dracozolt and Arctovish), probably Cara Liss and his friend will let them catch them for the second time.
Both protagonists will probably catch the regional forms of Yamask as well, it would be too similar a situation as with the Farfetch'ds. Evolved in Cofagrigus it will go to the Goh collection, and in Runerigus it will go to Ash's team.
I won't mention Toxricity, you know what is the answer.

However, Runerigus was my pick due to Ash's team composition.
3 from the old gen and 3 from Galar, both of the same type.

2x dragons
Dragonite: Dragon, Flying
Dracovish: Dragon, Water

2x fighters
Lucario: Steel, Fighting
Sirfetch'd: Fighting

2x ghosts
Gengar: Ghost, Poison
Runerigus: Ground, Ghost [?]

If I chose 4 old generation and 4 new generation pokemons - Toxricity or Dracozolt would be the equivalent of Pikachu in terms of electric type.

Status
Not open for further replies.