• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't understand why Octopus thingy is in the frame considering Riolu tied with him and Lucario is significantly stronger with the evolution. Shouldn't they move on to Machamp now (which has a G max form) ?
Considered to be Bea's ace I assume.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines that was held in Japan
(I know this Probably doesn't mean anything but I hope to see Serena again sooner rather than later)

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

I'm Surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.
Poor Jessie...

J. D. Guy

Why does Mallow always get shafted both in universe and in the real world? She’s the best Alola girl. Same goes for Iris. At least Dawn and Serena getting their well deserved recognition.
As someone who has become more attuned to this type of thing when it comes to works of fiction and the fandoms that spring forth from them, it does not escape my notice that the fair-complexioned girls are allowed to get their due while the Brown girls are denied getting their same due. :(

charinija

Pokemon Master
I'm not happy with the way Pokemon is going.

To make Ash look stronger than he is, they made Iris a champion and for the first time in history, Ash defeated a champion.

Iris wasn't strong enough to be the district champion.

Ash is still not strong enough to beat a champion.

I think the authors made Ash too strong to dampen backlash because of Goh.

How does Dracovish beat Dragonite with a single attack? This is ridiculous.

It is strange that in the first game a pokemon defeated a much more experienced and overpowered pokemon than itself.

Morax

King of heroes
As someone who has become more attuned to this type of thing when it comes to works of fiction and the fandoms that spring forth from them, it does not escape my notice that the fair-complexioned girls are allowed to get their due while the Brown girls are denied getting their same due. :(
That's because the japanese have an infatuation with Europeans in general.

J. D. Guy

Ok, so the most obvious ones from the silhouette are Volkner and Bea... The rest? Lt. Surge, Kabu and Sabrina?
Kabu is a silver stud, and I would like him to gain a role in the Anime. Along with Milo at times (and maybe or maybe not Opal, I'm not sure), Kabu feels like one of the most underappreciated Galar Gym Leaders in the fandom. I'd be down for Infernape's return to coincide with a rivalry with Kabu.

And bringing back Sabrina? Anime Sabrina? That'd be something I'd be absolutely hyped to see them tackle!

J. D. Guy

Not really?

At the very least not by the fujos at least. Actually wasn’t there that poll in a magazine where kabu was in the top 5 of SwSh characters or something.
Interesting. I'm probably out of the loop of such things, but it really does feel like Kabu is on lower end of the fandom totem pole. But mayhaps that's depended on which subsector of the fandom. It also may have changed and evolved over time. Thinking on it, that might be the case.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The only one I figured were Volkner but then I wasn't paying way too much attention lol

Hope the Volkner matches will be tied to Dawn's return or we'll at least get a flashback shot of her like we did with Cilan today

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I'm not happy with the way Pokemon is going.

To make Ash look stronger than he is, they made Iris a champion and for the first time in history, Ash defeated a champion.

Iris wasn't strong enough to be the district champion.

Ash is still not strong enough to beat a champion.

I think the authors made Ash too strong to dampen backlash because of Goh.

How does Dracovish beat Dragonite with a single attack? This is ridiculous.

It is strange that in the first game a pokemon defeated a much more experienced and overpowered pokemon than itself.
Why ash is stronger now isn’t believable?he is alola champion, a champion to of course he strong enough to beat iris , it’s just galar gym leader is on another level and ash unfortunately use riolu on that , so isn’t that ridiculous? Mr vish beat dragonite totally make sense 4x super effective attack with boost from its ability

Status
Not open for further replies.