• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

MartínK

If they are going to give Dragonite only special moves they need to get rid od Dragon Dance and give it Flamethrower for ice coverage but i would love to see Dragonite with Hurricane, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail and Draco Meteor.

Now i wonder with Dragon Move they are going to give Dracovish, maybe Dragon Pulse.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Moment!!! What if it wasn't the Jiglypuff or Clefairy in the veiled image? But.... Milos, gym leader from Galar. After all, he had a hat like in this picture.

aipomadvanceshipper

I hope bulbasaur gets to battle, I hate that he has to be a peacekeeper at oaks lab I mean can’t the guy hire more people. I hope ashs would use bulb as a reserve that Pokémon does always be so happy when ash returns home, all his Pokémon are but it’s amazing because out of the kanto starters both charmander and bulbasaur was most reluctant with ash but bulbasaur still thought ash would leave them like he did in the episode where the pokemon were stranded from trainers. Give all his Pokémon a match

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Still waiting on Falinks, Eiscue, and Snom. Now no longer so sure if they will be main cast or Bea/ Melony.

I'm willing to bet either Eiscue or Snom (maybe both) will be wild Pokémon Ash and Goh encounter during the CT episode.

nuzamaki90

I don't understand why Octopus thingy is in the frame considering Riolu tied with him and Lucario is significantly stronger with the evolution. Shouldn't they move on to Machamp now (which has a G max form) ?
Don’t think they’d want to spoil that. It’s clear from her having her D-Band that it’s gonna be a Dynamax battle next.

I really hope my wish comes true in that it’ll be Mega Lucario VS G-Max Machamp. We haven’t gotten a battle of gimmicks yet.

Leonhart

Imagineer

nickdt

If they are going to give Dragonite only special moves they need to get rid od Dragon Dance and give it Flamethrower for ice coverage but i would love to see Dragonite with Hurricane, Dragon Claw, Aqua Tail and Draco Meteor.

Now i wonder with Dragon Move they are going to give Dracovish, maybe Dragon Pulse.

I personally hope its Draco Meteor.

dman_dustin

What if that long hair girl silhouette is Leaf?

That interesting but why no hat?

I feel like the silhouette is exactly as you'd see them, which is why Sabrina fit the most of the options listed.

Others work too but wouldn't magically be in hyper class, so its weird.

Plus the silhouttes look too defined to be generic, you want generic silhouettes that's the master 8 sihlouette.

I guess until, or by some if the silhouettes are to be confirmed the question is "Would this person truly be in hyper class?" Or rather would Ash battle them.

So let's look at the options

Lucy- Why would Ash battle Lucy, in hyper class against all other possible trainers, I xan't see why they would choose Lucy of all female trainers.

Nessa- While believable, do they really care that much about the galar gym leaders? I mean Bea represents Galar, shouldn't there be more representation of other regions?

Leaf- While not easily dismissed, I'd find it weird they randomly brought her in.

Cynthia- why would Cynthia not be in master class?

Generic- Why not make the sihlouette more blob like, why even hide them behind silhouettes anyway?

Sabrina- Could easily be Kanto's strongest gym leader, the question is do they want to go the Sabrina route for Gengar development or Allister? What fits the journey's style more?

Lillie- I personally don't see how Lillie who is searching for her father and is being engrossed in the search (location wise, sight seeing) would find time to somehow be strong enough to be in hyper class let alone beating Gladion. At best great class fine and that's with Magearna but presumably those Ash battle in hyper class reached that rank before Ash did.

D

Deleted member 384931

I like Volkner. But what can he bring on the table to make the battle more difficult?

ShadowForce720

I like Volkner. But what can he bring on the table to make the battle more difficult?
That’s easy last time they battled Volkner never used his Raichu against Ash. Why this is important was because if you look at Volkner’s backstory he and Flint(of the Elite 4) where childhood friends(and if I recall they were also rivals) and Volkner’s at the time Volkner’s Pikachu and Flint’s Chimchar were seen as equals.

So basically it’s heavily implied that Volkner’s Raichu is as strong as Flint’s Infernape, with Raichu being Volkner’s actual ace.

ShadowForce720

do all of Ash's dragons need that move now or something?

I'd rather it get Dragon Rush, it seems like it would fit it.
Considering that Ash’s Goodra, Noivern, and Naganadel never learned Draco Meteor, I don’t think Ash’s Dracovish needs the move.

In all honesty I agree that I think Dragon Rush would make more sense for Dracovish.
Infernape gor its time to shien and is battling against moltres. So thats fine. Torterra needs redemption!

What if its Sabrina uses gengar against Ash. The haunter that Ash left with her and Ash uses his gengar against her?
I don’t mind her using a Gengar but wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Alakazam being her ace intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.