• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That interesting but why no hat?
She doesn't have a hat in Let's GO
Not that I think it's her

Ash has a real chance to get Empoleon. Because of the marketing of the new Diamond Pearl game.
He may even have all of the Sinnoh starters in this series.
Yeah I'm still in that camp myself. If he got Sobble then I'd say the opposite, starter Pokemon feel 'special' like we've really rarely seen a character own one without it having a big role and not just being a random Pokemon. That's why I believe they haven't given Goh a non-Galar starter, they may be fine throwing stuff like Pidgey in there but anytime a Charizard, Sceptile, or whatever appears it always has a crucial role and apart from Paul's Torterra rarely plays second fiddle to something else. Notice how Alola Raichu got shafted in favor of Decidueye? And how you can't really recall anything of Sawyer's other than Sceptile?

Granted it could also be something required by the company itself like they forbid the starters from being throwaway toys and want them to actually be used.

But I fully believe if a Piplup joins that it'll be Ash's, reserves are coming too so we could potentially see Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra on the same screen
Personally, I'd prefer anime!Leaf as part of the main cast. Or maybe even being adapted into a character of her own, much like Ash was in regards to Red.

I kind of want Ash to beat Piers in the Spikemuth gym just so we can have Ash beating a dark type gym leader in some form.
Tbh I'd laugh my butt off if they make her into Ash and Gary's long lost friend and the Bulbasaur trainer from way back when. That's how I've been saying they should handle it, give us more insight into Ash's past and prevent her from being 'yet another Kanto character'.

Sort of like Serena but actual friends and NO crush cause Gary stole her heart lmao
It will be a shame, if Alain isn't in the PWC. He was by far Ash's Strongest Rival (yes, not best but still strongest) and come on who doesn't want to see Ash get his share of revenge against Alain? I really want him to be in the Master Eight, but I know I'm holding my hopes too high here. I think Alain could also easily defeat Iris (Malva wasn't any problem to him and plus that Charizard is OP AF). More on, Alain & Koharu's Seiyuus are married XD ;).
I still hate him but I do want him back just so Greninja can redeem himself.
He shouldn't be in the top 8 though cause that spot should belong to Diantha, Alder not being there is disappointing but they literally hyped up Ash battling her and it'd be frustrating if they fail to deliver on that a second time. And it's kinda bad enough that Galar took two spots, Ash counts as Alola and Kanto rep so Kanto has two as well(three if Gary actually is champ), Sinnoh obviously has Cynthia(No way she isn't there lol)... it already looks like a region is going to get cheated here. Galar's 2, Kanto's 2, Sinnoh's 1.... makes 5. 6 if Gary is thrown in. Hoenn/Johto/Unova/Kalos are still unaccounted for atm, regardless on rather Gary's there or not that doesn't leave room for them all. One region is gonna get cheated(Probably Johto since it's the red headed step child of the franchise :rolleyes: )

I'm still hoping for Brandon to be in the top 8 but so long as I get to see Ash fighting him and the two new Regi's I'm good.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
They're really going out of their way not to acknowledge Ash as the champion of Alola, to aren't they? They had the perfect chance when they were revealing Iris' champion status, and they completely swept Ash's champion status under the rug.
Ash is a humble guy. He doesn't want to reveal it to everyone and brag about it. He has humility

SlimKennedy

Ash is a humble guy. He doesn't want to reveal it to everyone and brag about it. He has humility
Generally I'd agree with you, but with Iris it seems like the exact time Ash would boast. Just a simple "Oh, you're the champion of Unova now? I'm the champion of Alola! Let's have an epic battle!"

iiu.jpg

Master Pikachu 11

I know that I am really late with this, but I just have to say that this episode with Iris was my favorite episode of the entire series, the battle was awesome and I was very happy with both Dragonite and Dracovish’s performance. Glad that they were both able to get a win and great development all around for both Ash’s Dragonite and Iris. Also Gengar has been spotted

I see Volkner, Bea, Lt. Surge and Lillie(?) or Sabrina. Have no clue who the person next to Volkner is but if we’re going to Sinnoh, there’s a certain Sinnoh rival everyone would love to see again ;)
looking forward to seeing that rematch with Volkner, would be interesting if Ash uses Infernape again in that battle, but I still think that it’s Gengar’s turn to shine.

SlimKennedy

Moving on to actual Pokémon speculation, with the Project Mew arc apparently taking us to the Crown Tundra, I'd actually really like to see Ash get a Galarian Slowking. I think it would be an interesting choice for him.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
What do you guys think of Kurt returning to showcase apricorns to Goh or Chloe? Would the anime dodge the GS Ball?

I like Volkner. But what can he bring on the table to make the battle more difficult?
The last time we saw Volkner, he just got his battling spirits revived... So a more trained and motivated version of that Volkner who already shrugged off some rust would be a different beast...

Cynthia- why would Cynthia not be in master class?
Because she just recently entered the WCS (everyone has to start from the bottom)... That is if it really is Cynthia... Which I highly doubt...

It will be a shame, if Alain isn't in the PWC. He was by far Ash's Strongest Rival (yes, not best but still strongest) and come on who doesn't want to see Ash get his share of revenge against Alain? I really want him to be in the Master Eight, but I know I'm holding my hopes too high here. I think Alain could also easily defeat Iris (Malva wasn't any problem to him and plus that Charizard is OP AF). More on, Alain & Koharu's Seiyuus are married XD ;).
The problem with Alain, the writers don't seem to be keen on having anime-exclusive characters from past series to return as hinted with Tracey being MIA...

I think Paul was Ash's strongest opponent. But Alain is also very strong.

If we don't count Tobias as a rival, of course.

Not only Alain should return to PWC, but also Paul.

If even the iris has developed this much, Paul has become very powerful.
With Paul, the same situation with Alain as I mentioned above...

ImBeVillain

No more six members
And I would like a rematch with Tobias, a fight for promotion to the Master Class would be perfect.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I'm hoping now that we are in the ultra class some of these 2v2 battles will now turn into 3v3s or more and that way the master class can be full 6v6. Doubtful that it will happen but the potential is there and it would allow for more screentime for some of Ash's mons
I hope so... That's also 1 thing missing from SM w/ the Manalo exhibition the only full battle...

Moving on to actual Pokémon speculation, with the Project Mew arc apparently taking us to the Crown Tundra, I'd actually really like to see Ash get a Galarian Slowking. I think it would be an interesting choice for him.
That would be cool as well... But that's another KANTOOOOOOOOO...

Zariful

Dragonite learning Draco Meteor is cool and all. Though I wish it could've been a physical move since it'd have more than dragon claw to boost with Dragon Dance. But it gives me hope Gengar can update its moveset. Maybe learn a poison type move. Though I like Shadow Ball, Ice Punch and Psychic, so I hope it doesn't lose any of that.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Paul's Drapion
Volkner's Electivire.

Never won any war after it evolved. It may be unlucky, but it is obvious that it is not strong. Elite 4 match is not that important.

Where the heck do they translate battle into 'war'?!

And you kept on missing the point. The writers wanted Pikachu to beat an Electivire, since it has done poorly vs. the species and Infernape was going to beat Paul'a at the league. The Sunyshore-'arc' was about Infernape confirming its dominance and perfecting Blaze. The writers made the choice between showcasing that Infernape-dominance over a Torterra win vs. Jolteon (which was a poor-mans match-up anyway) since that suited the storyline better.

Ash vs. Paul: I don't necessarily agree that they had to give Infernape 3 wins there, but it was the pinnacle of its story-arc and wasn't surprising. If anything, Torterra could've done really well vs.Aggron or Gastrodon, but they really wanted to show off Iced Aqua Jet again. Gliscor having a win against Paul was absolutely necessary considering it came back from training.

I think the problem with Torterra is the writers couldn't make up their minds on what to do with it.

Because here's what bothers me, we have Paul's Torterra go behind his back to teach Grotle a defensive style of combat after it had evolved and lost it's speed, and that strategy did seem to work for the time Ash used it.

But then all of a sudden Rock Climb comes into the picture as if an attempt to restore mobility, and what ended up happening? That very move was responsible for pretty much most if not all of it's defeats as both grotle and Torterra.

It always felt like a huge contradiction to me, why bother teach to fight defensively at all if your gonna try to give it back mobility, but said mobility causes it to fail? It makes no sense.

All of that and these issues as well:
1. Accidentally learning an AMAZING special strategy with Energy Ball, knowing how to actually replicate it. Going as far as to teach the technique to Dawn's Mamoswine... and promptly NEVER using it again.
2. Setting up a rivalry with Paul's Honchkrow - or at least setting it up as its 'wall to overcome'.. and NEVER giving it an opportunity for it to do as such.

I get it, Paul completely blindsided Ash with a massively altered league line-up, but it left Torterra with unfinished and abandoned storylines, while the story completely went book-end on Infernape.

They could've switched Aggron for Honchrow. That's all I'm saying..

Can't tell if the three silhouettes besides Volkner and Bea are other important characters or generic silhouettes but if they are important characters, this is like 5 opportunities for Ash's pokemon to shine in. Like let's say the girl besides Bea is Sabrina, we can finally have Gengar star for example. Maybe we can see a timeline like this for Ash's pokemon in the near future for battles:

- VS Moltres: Infernape
- VS Volkner: Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra?
- VS Sabrina: Gengar
- VS Bea: Lucario/Sirfetch'd
- Two battles featuring a combo of Ash's Journeys team and Ash's Sinnoh pokemon for BDSP promotion

And then if that Mega Lucario in that toy set is to reflect on it being Ash's then maybe we can also see Korinna come back and Ash gets Mega Lucario?

Seems like we're in for some exciting stuff coming up at the very least.

Spyro39

What do you guys think of Kurt returning to showcase apricorns to Goh or Chloe? Would the anime dodge the GS Ball?
Yes, 100% they would dodge the GS Ball since that storyline was converted into the Celebi movie. A writer made it clear they want us to forget about it. Plus, kids who watch this show are very likely to have never been around to know about the GS ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.