• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
What an incoherent writting. Can lift a light log but can hold the heavy Cosmoen?

I call it plothole. SM is forever ruined!

Have you forgotten about pignite when he picked pignite with his two hands up without any trouble or let a larvitar on his head and didn't feel a thing

LazySpy

Kimty
The argument being made her is that Ash/kukui/burnett don't give 'me' that family vibes. It's just my take, jesus christ you guys treat everything as a personal assault.
It's fair enough if it doesn't work for you...
If you're trying to argue that they're not a "reall" familly, though, then you can absolutelly be scrutinized.

One piece ain't the gold standard either. It's just one of the many better shows out there and pokemon is hilariously bad compared to them.
Well I haven't seen this anime... And I really don't intend to, but if you want to use a superior example it's typically more productive and prefferable to go into specifics as opposed to just saying "it's better", because that's just bery broad and non specific. Like, you'd have to convince me that it falls apart on its own, and then appeal to a better example to highlight how it can improve.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
That said, I didn’t want to say anything on this. But a bit of a nerve has been struck.

to say that Kukui’s lack of a shirt is inappropriate or “messed up” is honestly a bit culturally insensitive.

there are indigenous tribes in the Amazon today that are completely naked. Is that “inappropriate”? No. It actually isn’t for them. Just because something is unusual for us, doesn’t mean it’s inappropriate in their culture, and it certainly doesn’t give reason to say people need help if they think another culture’s clothing (or lack thereof in this case) is ok.

Morax

King of heroes
See i get that you dont feel that Ash Kukui and Burnet is t a great Dynamic and thats totally cool. But the OP didnt say that it was better than One Piece. Which its not i agree.
I don't understand why people feel the need to argue against opinions. Like it's just me rambling on about what i like and dislike, there's nothing objective about it. But the moment i say something negative about sun and moon the defense squad retaliates with full force like it's a life or death situation, it's quite hilarious.
I hate to agree with you
*Insert heartbreak sound effect* :(

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That said, I didn’t want to say anything on this. But a bit of a nerve has been struck.

to say that Kukui’s lack of a shirt is inappropriate or “messed up” is honestly a bit culturally insensitive.

there are indigenous tribes in the Amazon today that are completely naked. Is that “inappropriate”? No. It actually isn’t for them. Just because something is unusual for us, doesn’t mean it’s inappropriate, and it certainly doesn’t give reason to say people need help if they think another culture’s clothing (or lack thereof in this case) is ok.
You are welcomed to see the article I posted on my profile and tell these kids that they should be ok with it, cuz people in the amazon are doing it.
you should also tell this to the writers that are AWARE THAT GOING WITHOUT CLOTHEES IS inappropriate sicne they Sensored Olivia's clothes. Do u call the writers insenisitve for that?

LazySpy

Kimty
I don't understand why people feel the need to argue against opinions. Like it's just me rambling on about what i like and dislike, there's nothing objective about it. But the moment i say something negative about sun and moon the defense squad retaliates with full force like it's a life or death situation, it's quite hilarious.
Arguing that Ash's Alolan family isn't "real" and that One Piece is superior is appealing to objective standards my guy.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
It is really going now about the family forum in this discussion which is going on right now of one piece and the pokemon. Come on stop whining like a lite kids about which anime is better one piece or pokemon :D:D:D

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
One piece ain't the gold standard either. It's just one of the many better shows out there and pokemon is hilariously bad compared to them. I don't understand how anything from this show can be considered "good" quality...

So then genuine question. Then why do you watch it and are in the anime part of the forums?

Now it's obvious that all your takes are in bad faith then, just due to that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.