• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliaketchum

I wouldn't mind if Team Rocket became legit threats as long as they're still funny and if there's a reason for it. Giovanni trusts Trio now and doesn't treat them like complete idiots because they claimed that they took down rivals like Aqua, Magma, and Galactic and apparently the only proof he needed was those teams not existing anymore.
Team rocket becoming serious threat is a nice change. Hope they do that slowly.

Last time they did in Unova, i started laughing due to sudden change in personalities. Maybe i watched sinnoh and unova in short time.
TR in black uniforms talking about top secret missions :D. Dude they were blasting off few episodes back.

kickachu

Momentai!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You think ?
Flydon just took down both Pikachu and Lucario in its debut episode lmao

as someone else pointed out, Ash was in a funk during that episode and Lucario hadn't evolved yet.
And Pikachu lost to a wild regice even it has won against brandon regice

Brandon had control over his Regice to the point where it wouldn't just straight up attack Ash like a wild pokemon would, and Pikachu barely won that fight anyway.

all that happened with this wild Regice was done to make Urishifu's debut look good, nothing more, there is nothing to suggest Pikachu has been nerfed.

Something that I haven’t seen brought up: the amount of clickbait relating to a Serena return. And people obsessed over her unhealthfuly (not me). Extremists are bad.
If Serena returned, how many views would Pokemon viewers seen the Hypothetical Serena Episode, I'm betting it will be for one episode only.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
The problem with Journeys and Ash, as I already stated in other threads, is that the narrative does not give him much to work with. At least with catching sprees, we have a pokedex where we can track the progress (how the progress is made is also a major point of contention). For Ash, we do not have a way to measure progress. Numbers without context are worthless in both industry and academia. This storytelling industry is no exception. With the games, we have a level curve to give us context on the progress. For this World Championship, we don't have that.

Ash's character is still mostly intact. The biggest hangover from Alola is that the humor surrounding him. Humor in past series has not been as touch-based as it was in SM and JN.
One of the few best things about JN is the smooth transition from SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.