• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Thats in the games. We don't know if she is still around in the anime.
Oh I misinterpreted what you said. Still the “Rose takes Leon under his wing” thing is the same across all media and there’s nothing to imply anything in the anime changed that.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I hope Ash won't catch Falinks, it's boring. I honestly prefer Kubfu, it would be cool to see him with an Urshifu.

Urshifu: a martial arts based Fighting-type with a special form.

Where have I seen that before... Oh yeah, Lucario.. a Pokemon we've seen fight in Dojo-like settings several times before and has a special form it potentially can change into.

If we're talking about boring, then Urshifu is the epitome of redundant. And having several pokemon with the same fighting-style is boring. Falinks gives Ash a fighting-style that's 100% unique.

AsH KetcHHup

Falinks would be a unique choice for Ash but I'm not sure how they would animate it in battle. I think a Falinks would make a battle dull.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

nickdt

CBR is a satire site, stop linking it to anywhere. The writers aren’t even journalists lmao (and yes I’m being sarcastic)

Especially this link: Where Gengar is called a liability and Tauros isn't a key to victory (Despite him thrashingDrakes Venusaur, tying with Annabels Metagross, defeating the strongest Tauros in battle and taking Drakes Dragonite on his horn, severely damaging it).

ShadowForce720

Goh is catching falinks
Except the episode seems to revolve around Ash’s Pikachu and a Falinks. So if they are having Falinks directly bond with Ash’s Pikachu with it serving as their commander then that kills the idea that this specific Falinks is going to Goh.

Really looking at it, it’s more likely that either Ash is going to catch this Falinks or it will be a Pokémon of the day.

deliaketchum

Give him both falinks and urshifu.
Falinks - I would love to see different combinations and battle strategies writers can come up. Imagine leading an army of 6 soldiers with different formations.
Urshifu - maybe for legendary status

Durrendal

Except the episode seems to revolve around Ash’s Pikachu and a Falinks. So if they are having Falinks directly bond with Ash’s Pikachu with it serving as their commander then that kills the idea that this specific Falinks is going to Goh.

Really looking at it, it’s more likely that either Ash is going to catch this Falinks or it will be a Pokémon of the day.
You forgot the Sobble fakeout. It's going to Goh. Goh is a legitimised, sugar coated Giovanni.

All pokemon belong to him.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash is a pokemon and can be caught. Remove Koharu and goh as well. I want new series with Asahi as a protaganist. I like her design.

That is a possibility, its no wonder he has never aged since he started his journey

Henry's Journey

Give him both falinks and urshifu.
Falinks - I would love to see different combinations and battle strategies writers can come up. Imagine leading an army of 6 soldiers with different formations.
Urshifu - maybe for legendary status
Ehh I'm one of those persons that defends Ash getting multiple mons of the same type BUT in this case 4 of the same type is overkill.

In Kalos Ash had Talonflame (flying/fire) Hawlucha (flying/fighting) and Noivern (flying/dragon)

In Journeys, Lucario (fighting/steel) Sirfetch'd (fighting) potential Urshifu (fighting/water or fighting/dark)

Falinks adds nothing to the table imo.

ShadowForce720

You forgot the Sobble fakeout. It's going to Goh. Goh is a legitimised, sugar coated Giovanni.

All pokemon belong to him.
That argument doesn’t work, as Ash never bonded with Sobble in that episode nor did the episode itself really give any indication that Sobble would be associated with Ash.

Where as in this case the episode title is specifically mentioning Ash’s Pikachu as the commander of Falinks right there that immediately starts building up an association with Ash by having the Falinks specifically bond with his Pikachu.

There not going to make a episode where they have Ash’s Pikachu specifically bond with Falinks to the point of becoming their commander and then turn around and give that Falinks to Goh.

Also by your own logic then Ash shouldn’t have been able to get the 5 captures he has gotten because they would go to Goh.

There is no reason to think that they would have the episode itself build up a association with Ash via his Pikachu if they were just planning to have Goh be the one to catch it.

ShadowForce720

or it could just be a filler where the falinks eventually find their coach,it doesn't have to be a mandatory catch.
I never said that it had to be a capture, my point was and what I’m saying is that their not going to specifically go out of their way to have the episode build up an association between Ash and Falinks, just to turn around and give it to Goh.

So if anything the most likely options is that either Ash catches Falinks or it is a Pokémon of the day/ belongs to a character of the day.

If 73 is a capture for Ash, then this could be a Capture for Goh. Or vice versa. Aince they do consecurive captures/evolutions for the boys.
Their not going to have the episode build up a association between Ash and Falinks just to turn around and give it to Goh.

Arlon Akai

or it could just be a filler where the falinks eventually find their coach,it doesn't have to be a mandatory catch.
I'm more onto this scenario due to the fact that in the opening, I saw Falinks near a trainer (Blonde ponytail, red and white clothes). Idk if we've ever seen this trainer before. It's probably got a trainer tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.