1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) manga discussion thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Konja7, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

It was informed that the manga og Kosaku Anakubo's "Pocket Monsters" is ending (after 23 years).

It seems a new manga (based on the new season of the anime) will start to replace it:

[​IMG]

Spider-Phoenix and shoz999 like this.
  2. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Wow, always nice to get an anime-based manga. Will definetely pick it up. I'm still sour I can't get to buy that DP one that had Ash and Dawn travelling together (with no Brock or TR!)

Judging for the artstyle, I'm assuming Kemon Kawamoto is doing it?

Like his work though I'm still bitter he didn't use Serena, Greninja and Clemont in the Volcanion movie adaptation.

3. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I wonder if the manga will deviate from the anime regarding team selection? The first anime-based manga gave Ash a Fearow, Beedrill, and an Oddish for example.

4. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I wouldn't use "Dengeki Pikachu" as a comparison. Back then the franchise was in its infancy so they could get away with a lot of things. Also Dengeki is so different from the anime to the point of almost being its own thing.

Though it was a take in the show.

5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

It's Machito Gomi.

That goes for all these anime-based series. Satoshi & Pikachu basically takes anime episode plots and yuks them up really hard, and that Diamond & Pearl-based manga had basically nothing to do with the anime aside from sharing two of the anime's three main characters. So I wouldn't expect this to be a manga consisting of particularly accurate episode adaptations or anything like that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 9:34 AM
    Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  6. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Question this don't replaced the special manga right ? Some YouTuber named name RuffledRowlet getting misinformation about it replaced the special manga

7. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Special doesn't even RUN in Corocoro Comic.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  8. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Thanks and why everyone freak out about that ? I doubt it will end any soon

9. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Someone really asked Yamamoto is the Pokespe truly over... :rolleyes:

Redstar45 likes this.