• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
if there's any pokemon I want Gou to get it's this one.

because not only will it give him all 3 galar starters but it gives us another break from the grass starter on Ash which only Kalos has done to this day.
Yeah you've told me this every time I mention Galar or Grookey. I don't see why his past captures should take away from a potential one especially when most of his Grass are different enough from each other.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Anyway, I wonder if the Alolan crew will help snap Satoshi out of his losing funk. Alola was constantly about relaxing and he several times asserted that he loved Alola and felt very good about the region. Even Kasumi/Takeshi said the same thing. Maybe he goes to Alola on “vacation” to remember the good times he had there and relax after all of this funk. He was on vacation but ironically enough became the Champion while there and formed lasting bonds with the locals, Pokemon and regional professor.

What’s more I look forward to him whipping out Lugarugan and/or Gaogaen for some fun at the PWC. We know Saito has 11 Pokémon of varying strength so you could realistically bring back a stronger league-ready Pokémon and still present good stakes. But yeah I’m banking on Satoshi loses to Saito -> still in funk for episodes -> Gou takes lead to help -> Alolan Vacation -> crisis that he saves the day in -> more confident than ever.

Just don’t do my kids worse than you did Corni and Wataru and give them ONE episode as a return. That’s lame.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah, I understand that there will most definitely be more battles with his current captures...But as he rises up even further the battles will get tougher - Hence his upcoming "slump." I just feel like even if he captures more Pokemon, they'll have little to no screentime which would be a huge disappointment. This may just be Since Ash's goal this season is to beat the number one trainer - Leon, I feel like he should be bringing in his A-Game in the near future, which means also bringing in his reserves... For me personally, it would be a bummer if he only used the Pokemon caught in this series. Attempting to beat the number one trainer is a big deal/challenge after all, and this isn't your typical beat 8 gym leaders - Pokemon League thing...
Understandable here. However, to be more realistic, can you really fully judge regarding screentime when Ash still hasn't gotten more than 6 mons in rotation and we're not even 50 eps in? When we reach the 50 mark is when we should really start full judgements. Regarding Gengar is understandable but at the same time there haven't been any major battles since Korrina and the Bea match is just Farfetch'd and Riolu. And regarding reserves, realistically as well the Alolan squad and the more popular reserves like Charizard, Greninja, and Gible (cause Garchomp) are more likely to return while the rest are more likely to still stay at the lab doing nothing so there's really no point in saying "bringing his A-Game" when the writers are likely only bringing back a handful that are on the more popular side like I said and the Alolan squad since they're still very recent to say the least.

Red and Blue

Yeah you've told me this every time I mention Galar or Grookey. I don't see why his past captures should take away from a potential one especially when most of his Grass are different enough from each other.
That's just because some people don't want Ash to catch any starters this time.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

it's because it's a starter, think about it people complain over Ash getting pokemon that are too advertised, the starters never need help in that regard, every generation people assume at least one of them is a lock for Ash, and I for one am tired of it, and again he's pretty much always gotten the grass starter with the exception of Kalos, if there was ever a time for another break, now is the perfect time considering Gou's already got the other 2, might as well give him the whole set and break another tradition that always seemed locked in.

I don't get the mindset but it'll eventually be over once Grookey comes into play.

is it really hard to understand that we finally have a chance to see the most boring "pattern" of all get shattered and why some of us want it at this point?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mirage707 said:
Disappointed with the return of the Alola cast since we just had them. Needs the Hoenn and Sinnoh crew.

Haruka can't return due to issues with her seiyuu, Masato isn't really popular enough to warrant a return anyway, and we last saw Takeshi in SM. So I'm not surprised that there's no sign of them returning.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
The new OP shows it's unlikely Ash will use Mega Evolution since Lucario didn't have a Mega Stone band.
Goh's future team is too strong for a newbie trainer. May as well give this kid Gameshark so he can enter the PWC with boxart legendaries and beat Leon himself. This Gary Stu feels like some fanfic self-insert and the writer is trying too hard to make the audience like him.
Disappointed with the return of the Alola cast since we just had them. Needs the Hoenn and Sinnoh crew.

Ash also isn't wearing his D-Max band so it isn't necessarily proof.

I personally don't think that Satoshi will use Z-Moves again when he returns to Alola since he already used them in SM and I personally think he should let Gou try that feature, instead. I think Gou using a Z-Move would make more sense anyway, because it would be a new experience for him.

Even if neither uses it, we will likely still have an episode where Goh see's it firsthand (he should already know about it like mega's), and someone expositions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The opening can easily be updated. Not that hard.

The only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is that the Darkest Day looks like is happening way easier than expected. Makes it feel kinda rushed. Reminds me of the Aether Foundation arc which happened quite early. Then again crap has been rushed since the BW earthquake disaster so there's no point in sulking about or thinking things won't get rushed.

The Aether one I can forgive since they needed to move it along and introduce Necrozma(Which ended up far more rushed.... I'd have much preferred the Ultra Recon Squad appearing rather than have Team Rocket randomly show up only to disappear right afterwards and never return! Dulse and Zossie deserved being animated :/ )

But this? They've barely even touched on the Dynamax phenomenon, heck Ash still hasn't even done it since then! I fear for how Rose and Oleana will be handled due to this, and it's sad that Bede's suspension plot might get axed now if he's to appear.
They should have done Armor first, then Tundra, then Darkest Day. Hardly anything from Galar is even properly established aside from Leon and Raihan, why are we getting to the main plot? They should be developing the region and introducing more characters first so Ash can have allies to help like how the PC had Marnie, Piers and Team Yell

Red and Blue

it's because it's a starter, think about it people complain over Ash getting pokemon that are too advertised, the starters never need help in that regard, every generation people assume at least one of them is a lock for Ash, and I for one am tired of it, and again he's pretty much always gotten the grass starter with the exception of Kalos, if there was ever a time for another break, now is the perfect time considering Gou's already got the other 2, might as well give him the whole set and break another tradition that always seemed locked in.

is it really hard to understand that we finally have a chance to see the most boring "pattern" of all get shattered and why some of us want it at this point?
Not all of us see Ash getting at least one starter as boring though. That's subjective.

Understandable here. However, to be more realistic, can you really fully judge regarding screentime when Ash still hasn't gotten more than 6 mons in rotation and we're not even 50 eps in? When we reach the 50 mark is when we should really start full judgements. Regarding Gengar is understandable but at the same time there haven't been any major battles since Korrina and the Bea match is just Farfetch'd and Riolu. And regarding reserves, realistically as well the Alolan squad and the more popular reserves like Charizard, Greninja, and Gible (cause Garchomp) are more likely to return while the rest are more likely to still stay at the lab doing nothing so there's really no point in saying "bringing his A-Game" when the writers are likely only bringing back a handful that are on the more popular side like I said and the Alolan squad since they're still very recent to say the least.
Well yes, that seems like the most obvious approach in terms of Ash bringing in his popular reserves. In that manner, I still feel like it would be him "bringing his A-Game" because if he does do that, he would literally be "arriv[ing] with [his] top attitude and ability," or doing his very best, which is what "bringing your A-Game" is about. I feel like what you said makes sense overall though. Most likely the reason why a COTD had a Tauros, and Go is obtaining a Heracross, because even though Ash does have them, they aren't really his popular reseves/strongest reserves. It's still a shame though.

But yeah I agree, they'll probably have more screentime and time to shine since the competition is presumably gonna be much tougher.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not all of us see Ash getting at least one starter as boring though. That's subjective.

I know full well not everyone agrees with it, that's why I said "some of us" because I know i'm not the only one who feels this way about it.

Well yes, that seems like the most obvious approach in terms of Ash bringing in his popular reserves. In that manner, I still feel like it would be him "bringing his A-Game" because if he does do that, he's literally "arriv[ing] with [his] top attitude and ability." I feel like what you said makes sense overall though. Most likely the reason why a COTD had a Tauros, and Go is obtaining a Heracross, because even though Ash does have them, they aren't really his popular reseves/strongest reserves. It's still a shame though.

Then we have Bea running around with a scraggy and hawlucha which I know isn't a good sign.

Still I think the longer Ash can go without using his reserves is a good thing, the earlier he has to use them could easily been seen as a sign of desperation

Red and Blue

So Raboot was interacting with a Pyukumuku in a new video. Guess that's the first of Go's Alolan captures
I know full well not everyone agrees with it, that's why I said "some of us" because I know i'm not the only one who feels this way about it.
Got it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So Raboot was interacting with a Pyukumuku in a new video. Guess that's the first of Go's Alolan captures

Got it.

gotta admit there is something funny about being punched by that thing of all pokemon.

and yeah agree to disagree, besides I feel like if everyone agreed one something at one time it'd be downright creepy.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Jesus Christ. I can't leave this forum for a couple of hours without losing track of the pages. I swear it keeps going up like 20 pages Everytime I come here! XD

You guys move fast! XD

There's something oddly amusing to me about seeing a "Cool" starter like Raboot getting punched in the face by a booty faced fish

Status
Not open for further replies.