• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

If Bea does become a re-occuring rival that specializes in Fighting types. It's about Kubfu/Urshifu. Why does Bea have this amount of Fighting types??

With the amount of Fighting Types Bea has. If Ash does happen to get Kubfu I can see Ash and Bea battling continuously. Ash only uses Kubfu. While Bea is able to use the allotted Pokemon that she has. Akin to Alain and his Mega Charizard X battling 10 different Mega Evolutions in a row. At either the Tower of Waters or the Tower of Darkness.

1.) Scraggy
2.) Tyrogue
3.) Hitmontop
4.) Hawlucha
5.) Sawk
6.) Throh
7.) Pangoro
8.) Machop
9.) Machoke
10.) Machamp
11.) Grapploct

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Would be nice if there's something like a Pokémon Research Summit where all Pokémon Professors all over the world will gather with their aides... We'll see not only the professors but potentially other characters as well such as Tracey, Max, Gary, Bianca, Alain, Aether gang and Sonia alongside Ash, Goh, Ren and Chrysa...
I kinda like this idea.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
After Raboot evolves into Cinderace I bet its personality will revert back to its upbeat self.
I hope so. Raboot is just... Boring I'm sorry :(
The only question is will it be a walking Pokemon or will it be in it's Poke Ball the majority of the time
I think Cinderace is small enough to be outside out of ball.

The only thing I'm worried about is
So where is Cinderace going to sleep once it evolves?

For the love of Arceus please don't sleep in the same bed as Gou :confused:

ShadowForce720

Honesty when it comes to the current opening I think it’s going be one of those openings that update whenever there is a team change.

Although while any team change Ash gets would cause the opening to update, I think when it comes to Goh when he gets a team change it will only be updated in the opening if it effects his core team.

So basically here is how it breaks down:
Team changes we know will happen:
Ash’s Riolu—->Lucario
Goh’s Raboot—->Cinderace

Team changes that will likely or most likely :
Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d—->Sirfetch’d
Ash’s next capture

Team Changes that could possibly happen:
Grookey presuming that it goes to Ash or Goh
Goh’s Scyther—->Scizor
Goh’s Sobble—>Drizzile
Ash’s 6th capture and any Ash capture beyond that, that happens to happen during the time this opening is still active.

Any Go capture that winds up a part of his core team.

Team Changes that I’m not sure if they will cause the opening to update or not:
Go’s Heracross
Presumably Go’s Aerodactyl

Also just to cover all grounds here:

Ash’s Pikachu—>Raichu

now just to be clear I don’t think Pikachu will evolve however that being said I included it because let’s face it if on the off chance Ash’s Pikachu were to evolve into Raichu then the opening most certainly would update with the team change.

Or at the very least it should update with Ash’s Pikachu being replace by a Raichu. I mean personally if Ash’s Pikachu where you evolve into Raichu in episode 35 then I would prefer the current opening update with it in the following episode rather then having to wait until we get a brand new opening.

Again not saying that I think Ash’s Pikachu will evolve I’m just merely cover mer all grounds.

Mythical-Moonlight

We still have these boys unnacounted for or at least the Ponyta and Thwackey, in the set coming up. I kind of don't want Satoshi with Galarian Ponyta, but now I'm wondering if with the Kanto pandering, they give him the Kanto Galarian mons.

000000272716t0k4yiZbHyvP2qquWwjBIgFoTM4ZyCA2OQHJ.jpg

Idk I kinda want Ash with G. Ponyta.

I'm sick of the Kanto Pandering too don't get me wrong; but seeing him with such a Feminine looking Pokémon would be such a nice change of pace and it'd would destroy the theories of "Ash can't catch Girly Pokémon Hur Durr"

Sidagam

Plenty of space on the park.

We still have these boys unnacounted for or at least the Ponyta and Thwackey, in the set coming up. I kind of don't want Satoshi with Galarian Ponyta, but now I'm wondering if with the Kanto pandering, they give him the Kanto Galarian mons.

000000272716t0k4yiZbHyvP2qquWwjBIgFoTM4ZyCA2OQHJ.jpg

I'm gutted Galarian Rapidash turned out the way it did, because Ponyta is quite cool and I love the typing. Unfortunately Rapidash is pretty ugly so I don't really want it for Ash. Would prefer Gardevoir.

In saying that if he does catch it, it would shut a lot of people up about Ash not catching "girly like" Pokemon, or Pokemon that don't really suit him, even though that has been disproven many times over.

I still think Goh will catch Grookey to complete the set. Plus I'd rather Ash not catch anymore Grass starters.

The only other Galarian Kanto form I would want him to get would be Slowbro (we'll see how Slowking turns out)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Dude how can you compare this ash to bw ash. That ash was a disaster. His so called legendary defeating pikachu lost to a lvl 5 snivy and a newly evolved lucario. This ash's 10000000000000000x stronger than that weak a** ash.

Is he? It's incredibly easy to write off BW Ash, but he did get some decent Pokemon there. He just fcked up on his team vs. Cameron. If he used Pikachu, Krookodile, Leavanny, Pignite, Boldore and Unfezant he probably would've won, but yeah.. Oshawott and Snivy were unreliable teammembers at best most of the time and that cost him.

XY Ash was strong, no denying that, but I wouldn't put Hawlucha, Noivern or Goodra way above stuff like Krookodile, Pignite (both seem obvious) and Boldore (beat Clay's Excadrill and a Reuniclus).

And you know there were circumstances that to those defeats (being zapped by Zekrom and evolution meant an insta-win, Karma was just on the wrong side that day).

I feel like Goh will catch Zapdos given its appearance in recent merch promotion, and the new opening. However it's a bit weird though since Ash, a skilled trainer with many regions of experience struggled against it (and Moltres) back in Kalos, but then a newbie trainer like Goh can seemingly catch it just like that.

Which Merch??

That being said, this could be a relatively young Zapdos or Go could use Flygon which has a very positive match-up against it.

You know now that I think about it, people have problems with Gou catch Zapdos because he's a newbie trainer right? So when in Journey's does he stop being a newbie trainer? Its not like he has a metric like gym battles to determine if he's good enough to not be a newbie trainer or not and or that matter which season did Ash stop being one? I would assume OS but he made many fatal mistakes and most of his badges were earned in unconventional ways.

Personally, Ash stopped being a noob after his win against Whitney. I'm hesitant to say the Drake battle, since he did good there and definitely showed signs of improving beyond the noob-state of mind.. but the Whitney-battle was the last time I actually think Ash's noob-side was witnessed and he started to think more.

And then Nimbasa happened. #relapse.

Meh, the only UB I want to see is Naganadel coming back like Charizard did in BW.
It never should have left and I'd like for it to feel like an actual Pokemon of Ash's

The hell, the only reason it even came to Alola was because it wanted to save it's friends from darkness so they could be happy again. Being with Ash would take him away from where it wanted to be all along. It returning was just another Goodra situation since Ash didn't have a full team otherwise and Solgaleo would be way too OP.

Mythical-Moonlight

I'm gutted Galarian Rapidash turned out the way it did, because Ponyta is quite cool and I love the typing. Unfortunately Rapidash is pretty ugly so I don't really want it for Ash. Would prefer Gardevoir.

I'm mostly annoyed it didn't have Wings.

I'm not saying it has to be literally Princess Celestia but they could've made it stand out more

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

In saying that if he does catch it, it would shut a lot of people up about Ash not catching "girly like" Pokemon, or Pokemon that don't really suit him, even though that has been disproven many times over.

There apparently seems to be a difference though between "Female" and "Feminine" though in the eyes of many though for some reason.

I honestly want Ash to get Ralts-Gardevoir or G-Ponyta, and have it be both a female and feminine.

I mean it's not like they'd allow the latter one to talk...or would they?

Sidagam

With Bea appearing in the opening and beating Ash in ep 34, do you reckon she will become his Rival? I wouldn't mind that and it'd be good development for Riolu and Farfetch'd.

Either that or they just update the opening with his next important PWC opponent after he beats her

Mew29240

With Bea appearing in the opening and beating Ash in ep 34, do you reckon she will become his Rival? I wouldn't mind that and it'd be good development for Riolu and Farfetch'd.

Either that or they just update the opening with his next important PWC opponent after he beats her

I'm betting on the latter and that he'll have a "roadblock" rival every arc or so on his way to the Master Class, with Bea being the first one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I still think Goh will catch Grookey to complete the set. Plus I'd rather Ash not catch anymore Grass starters.

The only other Galarian Kanto form I would want him to get would be Slowbro (we'll see how Slowking turns out)

I'd be cool with him owning Ponyta if they go the Buizel route with it
I have no idea what they were even thinking with Rapidash, how can something that cute turn into that? Even with wings it'd still look ugly, this was the perfect chance for a Pegasus.... and a raptor. Can't believe they blew both in the same generation

Master Pikachu 11

Truth to be told, I still think Ash is catching something soon after JN036 since tbh its getting overdue for capture #5 to be revealed. I really hope capture #5 is something good considering they’re still trying to keep it a secret and refusing to spoil it which they’re surprisingly doing well at it since they’re normally awful at not spoiling crap. And no I don’t think its Grookey.
Well since they are giving Goh a Heracross, Flygon, maybe Aerodactyl, and I don’t think he is going to catch Zapados, but if he does then this mystery Pokémon has to be something real good if they are hiding it

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Maybe not a rival, but I see her beating up and maybe ending up being his fight to get into the next class.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Does anybody think Paul will return in Journeys? I personally do.
His seiyuu is still working as Sero in MHA. Shouldn't be too hard to get him considering the rest of the cast already works in MHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.