• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Since he's not getting Inteleon, Golisopod would be a nice alternate Pokemon, and just have Ash's Golisopod only use its emergency exit as like u-turn or something.

See that's what I would make the anime version of emergency exit "Pokemon recalling itself with approval of the trainer, otherwise it stays out, to hell with the games, forcing that ability on Golisopod" You can call it "Emergency Exit" all you want it's literally NO different than "Wimp out" at least if it was choice based, and you can say no, then that would be a much better version.

Nope can't call Golisopod a "Wimp" so it has to be "Emergency Exit" because blah blah blah. Just let Golisopod battle, holy crap.

Maybe Golisopod can choose when to active Emergency Exit? Or he can be trained to resist the ability's activation after taking too many hits.

From what I've seen it's not that it's "not clear", it's that some viewers staunchly want Satoshi to get Ptera instead for whatever reason. That, and some simply don't think Gou "deserves" it, which is an argument that gets used a lot and doesn't hold much weight from my viewpoint, but it's been thrown around a lot frequently especially after Gou caught Messon.
I previously predicted Ash to catch Grookey and 1 more Galar pokemon, not Aerodactyl.

I don't have a problem with Goh catching Aerodactyl. I am not a Goh hater, in fact I predicted Flygon for him despite resistance from others before the release of the OP. (They also use "deserve" argument as Flygon is depicted as strong)

Yet I don't see Aerodactyl as clearly Goh's capture. It might still be caught by Ash or might even not be caught at all or by other trainers.

There have been many OP where multiple battle between pokemons belonged to different trainers against Ash's pokemon were chained together. Which means Pikachu vs Aerodactyl and Gengar vs Raboot/Cinderace might also be that case. Especially as Goh is not seen until after Pikachu vs Aerodactyl is over.

D

Deleted member 384931

Please the I was right or I was wrong discussion is so sad. Admit when you were wrong, dont brag when you are right. Its that simple, but some dont get it. People just go in overkill with the pokemon Ash would catch, while there isnt even evidence.(merchandise isnt always evidence) Lists of pokemon from 8 gens, which is a) way too much and b) you would complain pokemon didnt get enough focus or are over focussed.

This is in general, no one is targeted

dman_dustin

Especially as Goh is not seen until after Pikachu vs Aerodactyl is over.

Except there's a problem. It wouldn't have made sense to show Go then.

If Pikachu is attacking a Pokemon you don't just show off the trainer and then the Pokemon, that doesn't make sense. If it was realistic shot of what happened, then you'd show the Pokemon Pikachu is attacking and THEN the trainer.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
Maybe Golisopod can choose when to active Emergency Exit? Or he can be trained to resist the ability's activation after taking too many hits.

That would be quite a cop-out all for the sake of Satoshi having a Gusokumusha. It's not something that I think the writers would do, but I suppose we've seen stranger things.

dman_dustin

That would be quite a cop-out all for the sake of Satoshi having a Gusokumusha. It's not something that I think the writers would do, but I suppose we've seen stranger things.

The only reason Guzma's had emergency exit and used it was because Golisopod was a "coward" like Guzma, I doubt Ash's Golisopod would be a coward, and I think even technically Guzma's Golisopod probably could overcome its cowardice even if all Golisopod must be depicted as cowards.

Except there's a problem. It wouldn't have made sense to show Go then.

If Pikachu is attacking a Pokemon you don't just show off the trainer and then the Pokemon, that doesn't make sense. If it was realistic shot of what happened, then you'd show the Pokemon Pikachu is attacking and THEN the trainer.
Honestly, I don't get why they don't make sense.

Nb: I don't predict who will get Aerodactyl, I am just saying that the OP do not confirm anything other than Aerodactyl's appearance.

dman_dustin

Honestly, I don't get why they don't make sense.

Nb: I don't predict who will get Aerodactyl, I am just saying that the OP do not confirm anything other than Aerodactyl's appearance.

Because the focus should be on the action, as I said, Pikachu isn't using thunderbolt on Go, there would be no reason to focus on Go at that point in time, the focus should be what thunderbolt is trying to hit.

The only justification (which wouldn't work in the opening given its nature of needing to be extremely fast paced) is if Go is commanding a Pokemon to attack but that's not necessary in an extremely fast paced opening because the point wouldn't be to give a command to the Pokemon since we wouldn't hear it anyway and would kind of be distracting, its kind of why we don't see Ash commanding Gengar, seeing a trainer command a Pokemon more than once in a fast paced section would be unnecessary animation and not really the point of the scene.

But the argument should be if anything, Pikachu is fighting a wild Aerodactyl. But that would just be weird since the scene is supposed to represent Ash vs Go. The only thing I can think off is they were combining two scenes. If Ash was actually going to get Aerodactyl they were showing Ash "catching" one but without actually showing that and then followed up by Ash vs Go. It's plausible they could be going for some kind of artistic style choice here to combine two different concepts together, probably to save on animation but it would be weird to have that be what happens.

I guess another argument would be is if Ash is getting Aerodactyl they wanted to spoil it without spoiling it, so like if Ash was going to get a Flygon hypothetically speaking but they didn't want to spoil it, maybe it would take the place of Aerodactyl with some other Pokemon replacing Go's Flygon. Even Corviknight, Tyranitar, etc if Ash were to get Aerodactyl.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I am starting to hate Riolu lol.

I've hated him ever since the episode he was caught.

Welcome to the club, by the way.

Odd, Meltan is still considered a Gen 8 Pokemon in this poll

In the pool, they've used "Galar, etc." in the sense that Meltan wasn't considered as being from Galar.

Still weird he wasn't grouped with gen 7. Guess it was more convenient putting with Galar since it was the newest

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I was a bit annoyed with him being an option because you could clearly se it was fan-service since Lucario is popular (honestly, the only time I ever found it remotely interesting was movie 8 and that's it). The set up for how Ash got the egg and Riolu's atitude post-hatching kind of sealed the deal.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
If they were complete yes, otherwise, please to everything that is sacred no.

Givi him Tyrantum, Kabutops, wtv

Yeah, Galar's fossils are ridiculous and dumb. There COULD be a chance for Ash to capture that Aerodactyl, but it really doesn't fit Ash, as far as I can tell. For me, the best Fossil for Ash will definitely be Tyrantrum. (I hope he will capture).

And as much as I hate to admit it, there MIGHT be a chance for Goh to actually capture Zapdos. He will have two Pokemon suitable to face and defeat Zapdos, allowing him to capture it: his Giant Golurk and Flygon. Zapdos doesn't have any attack effective against these and they can use attack that weaken Zapdos.

Ibrahim Saidu

Yeah, Galar's fossils are ridiculous and dumb. There COULD be a chance for Ash to capture that Aerodactyl, but it really doesn't fit Ash, as far as I can tell. For me, the best Fossil for Ash will definitely be Tyrantrum. (I hope he will capture).

And as much as I hate to admit it, there MIGHT be a chance for Goh to actually capture Zapdos. He will have two Pokemon suitable to face and defeat Zapdos, allowing him to capture it: his Giant Golurk and Flygon. Zapdos doesn't have any attack effective against these and they can use attack that weaken Zapdos.
I disagree. Goh will never, never catch Legendary Pokemon. It doesn't make sense

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Riolu's stopping 2019 from being the Pikachu show, he's alright besides Bea is only his second battle. That's one more than what Gengar and Dragonite got, Pikachu's had like ten
Nothing will ever top Greninja and Pikachu on the annoyance scale

The Kanto birds shouldn't be caught, maybe if Ash was keeping captures at Oak's still but Cerise doesn't have the amount of space Oak does and has a height limit. Oak has large acres where Tauros and plenty of other Pokemon can roam free and large birds would have plenty of room to fly about, I don't see a giant bird like Zapdos being happy at Cerise's lab let alone the other two and the alt forms. There's trees everywhere and not that much room to fly

If Kubfu happens first then I won't mind Zapdos so long as it's a catch and release. Ash should have the first legendary

ShadowForce720

I was a bit annoyed with him being an option because you could clearly se it was fan-service since Lucario is popular (honestly, the only time I ever found it remotely interesting was movie 8 and that's it). The set up for how Ash got the egg and Riolu's atitude post-hatching kind of sealed the deal.

My problem with this argument that Riolu shouldn’t be getting this much attention is that it hatch’s from an egg in it’s capture episode and needed to play catch up to the other Pokémon so it could actually be battle ready and participate in the PWC.

And plus let’s be honest although I can’t really speak for what you personally would think however chances are if the baby Pokémon was any other Pokémon beside Riolu it would not be receiving so much flak for getting a lot of attention and focus on it, if anything it would probably be praised.

Look I get that some people don’t like Riolu/Lucario and everyone has Pokémon they like and don’t like, but it seems pretty ridiculous to be giving a baby Pokémon flak for receiving lot of attention and focus just because it happens to evolve into a popular Pokémon.

I mean so what there just not supposed to give Ash extremely popular and marketable Pokémon now? Or if he does get them have them rarely show up and marketed?

So basically Riolu should just rarely appear and then randomly evolve after rarely getting focus just because it evolves into a popular Pokémon?

I’m sorry but that is a ridiculous argument sure it may happen that some Pokémon don’t show up and do that much before evolving, however to say that, that should happen to a specific Pokémon just because it’s popular or you don’t like it hence it should not be allowed to get that much screen time is ridiculous.

If anything how Riolu is being handled should be the standard for how future main cast baby Pokémon should be handled.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They can show the pokémon as much as they please. I'm entitled to not like it. I normally don't have an issue with the newest catch having screentime but Riolu was kind of annoying because I could see it was clearly done to pandering the big fanbase the line has.

Another of my issues is how the whole episode set Riolu up as this pokémon Ash was destined to have. From Ash being suddently attracted to the egg, to Riolu being shown to be born to be a battler right off the bat... That's what made the capture annoying. Really, it was the first time where one of the episodes felt like I was reading someone's fanfic.

Gengar and Dragonite are popular. Not Lucario level but popular and their captures were handled a lot better. Riolu felt way too much fanservice and barely any organic at all...

As a final note, Riolu's whole thing of being newly hatched and picking fights had been done with Scraggy already. And even if BW has its fair share of flaws, it was done better there.

dman_dustin

I'm annoyed that Riolu being treated how Ash's baby Pokemon should be treated is somehow a problem just because its the Riolu/Lucario line, if it was your favorite Pokemon you want with Ash, you wouldn't be complaining.

I mean I'm not too thrilled with Ash's Farfetch'd, but I'm not going to complain about it instead I will potentially enjoy whatever Sirfetch'd has to bring in the upcoming episodes.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The riolu hate really does get annoying after a while because like a lot of Goh hate it seems to be mostly because of bias as lucario has received a lot of spotlight in the past. As ash's baby Mon and considering ash's goal, imo riolu has gotten the perfect amount of screentime, it's balanced and he is in no way hogging screentime from other mons by just being there in episodes, him and greninja are in no way comparable. It always boil down to people being annoyed lucario appeared more in prev series and that it may hog screentime in the future (again, yet to happen) then the current events. If it was some other hatch Mon people literally wouldn't care

Status
Not open for further replies.