• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

The riolu hate really does get annoying after a while because like a lot of Goh hate it seems to be mostly because of bias as lucario has received a lot of spotlight in the past. As ash's baby Mon and considering ash's goal, imo riolu has gotten the perfect amount of screentime, it's balanced and he is in no way hogging screentime from other mons by just being there in episodes, him and greninja are in no way comparable. It always boil down to people being annoyed lucario appeared more in prev series and that it may hog screentime in the future (again, yet to happen) then the current events. If it was some other hatch Mon people literally wouldn't care

I'm really sick of the Riolu/Lucario hate, it's why I have hard time caring that Ash will have one (Lucario) because all I'm going to see is any chance in hell of people complaining about it, and not caring if its a good story or good plotline.

Nope because its Riolu/Lucario so of course people can't be reasonable towards it. I dislike Go but there's many things that I do not mind Go at all. Like him getting legendaries or Aerodactyl. You don't see me complaining "WHY is Go getting an Aerodactyl when Ash gets nothing" I only did that to Flygon because I really wanted Ash with a Flygon and I definitely do not care how Go getting Flygon is being handled in regards to Ash.

But I don't care anymore, because complaining about it was helpful for stress relief and anger relief but I just don't care because they are insistent on making it happen (not that complaining would somehow change things when the episode was made long in advance LMAO). Oh well what's happening will happen.

The only wish I had was Ash would get another Pokemon soon and not have it just be about Lucario. And I know it makes no sense to lump Ash with another Pokemon when Farfetch'd hasn't done anything, but as I've said I don't like Farfetch'd being caught right after Riolu, they need to give Ash so he has MORE variety on his team and that's WHY I wanted Flygon primarily because it would be separate from Dragonite with three captures between and is a ground type. Now my fear is it's going to be a 1st generation, or a fighting type or Grookey.

But watch how it ends up being his 3rd fighting type of this generation.......sigh......

Edit: Apparently I had a stroke writing this, fixing some of the mistakes, probably not all of them though.

Last edited:

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I'm annoyed that Riolu being treated how Ash's baby Pokemon should be treated is somehow a problem just because its the Riolu/Lucario line, if it was your favorite Pokemon you want with Ash, you wouldn't be complaining.

I don't think Riolu is getting unfair treatment compared to the other Pokemon. Riolu is getting the attention it should, that's not what I'm mad about, it's more the lack of attention for the rest. And since Riolu is the one getting the attention, it's easy to direct the hate towards it.

dman_dustin

I don't think Riolu is getting unfair treatment compared to the other Pokemon. Riolu is getting the attention it should, that's not what I'm mad about, it's more the lack of attention for the rest. And since Riolu is the one getting the attention, it's easy to direct the hate towards it.

I understand that but there are literally people complaining about it JUST because it's a Riolu/Lucario that's what I'm annoyed about.

I'd love to see more Gengar focus and with Farfetch'd it's definitely getting the Bea episode, so yeah I'd really like to see more Gengar. I mean its in the opening, hopefully it'll show up in a random episode. I'd like Ash to use Gengar against in a Team Rocket fashion or use it like he used Dragonite in episode 14, just obviously different since they are different Pokemon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If anything how Riolu is being handled should be the standard for how future main cast baby Pokémon should be handled.

Somewhere a Donphan, Scraggy and Noivern are crying. Completely agree btw. Riolu's the first one done right. Just imagine:
- What if Phanpy happened before Goldenrod? Awesome rollout clash vs. Miltank, a positive matchup vs. Morty and Jasmine, and maybe Chuck and likely Claire if they didn't force Snorlax/Charizard in there. But yeah, OS didn't know what to do with the kanto starters, so Johto got screwed over big time.
- Scraggy with better development could've lead to a battle Clay and a starring role vs. Brycen, Roxie and at least a better league performance.. but yeah, Best Wishes issues are all over the place.
- Noivern. Again, give Ash the egg at the time they were at the ingame breeding couple and skip Goodra entirely. Let it sit out Grant, fight at Ramos. Star vs. Clemont (in Goodra's absence), sit out Valerie, be Frogadier's tagpartner vs. Olympia and sit out vs. Wulfric. Ash's sixth would be a Phantump that would've fought with Hawlucha vs. Valerie (Forest's Curse ensuring the condition for Hawlucha's X-scissor and Flying Press to be doing neutral damage.

There, I fixed the previous egg's issues.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Somewhere a Donphan, Scraggy and Noivern are crying. Completely agree btw. Riolu's the first one done right. Just imagine:
- What if Phanpy happened before Goldenrod? Awesome rollout clash vs. Miltank, a positive matchup vs. Morty and Jasmine, and maybe Chuck and likely Claire if they didn't force Snorlax/Charizard in there. But yeah, OS didn't know what to do with the kanto starters, so Johto got screwed over big time.
- Scraggy with better development could've lead to a battle Clay and a starring role vs. Brycen, Roxie and at least a better league performance.. but yeah, Best Wishes issues are all over the place.
- Noivern. Again, give Ash the egg at the time they were at the ingame breeding couple and skip Goodra entirely. Let it sit out Grant, fight at Ramos. Star vs. Clemont (in Goodra's absence), sit out Valerie, be Frogadier's tagpartner vs. Olympia and sit out vs. Wulfric. Ash's sixth would be a Phantump that would've fought with Hawlucha vs. Valerie (Forest's Curse ensuring the condition for Hawlucha's X-scissor and Flying Press to be doing neutral damage.

There, I fixed the previous egg's issues.

Thank you! Although I'll personally want that noivern didn't exist at all in favour of goodra. I mean Alexa had a noivern that got a lot of focus in BW, did we really had to have ash get one? Esp since it was a Mon that offered zero new typings.

dman_dustin

Thank you! Although I'll personally want that noivern didn't exist at all in favour of goodra. I mean Alexa had a noivern that got a lot of focus in BW, did we really had to have ash get one? Esp since it was a Mon that offered zero new typings.

I think it's because 6th generation introduced the least amount of typings, and I think they went with Noivern to give Ash a dragon type since Goodra was released as well as Ash really liking Alexa's Noivern, and thought: Well we obviously can't think of anything better let's give him one of the first 6th generation Pokemon revealed because he really, really liked it.

I don't think anything else would've worked as well to be honest, either it would be too OP like Aegislash (if Ash would've been able to even have one) or it would be probably uninteresting one like maybe Vivillon/Pyroar, I just can't imagine anything that would've stood out.

Even looking at the top popular Pokemon Ash already had most with: Greninja, Noivern, Goodra, Talonflame, with Hawlucha is a bit lower.

Maybe Tyrantrum would've worked, I don't think Meowstic would've worked with Olympia unless they changed the battle, the other Pokemon are legendaries, mythicals and Pokemon his traveling companions had. Chesnaught isn't even on the list, so I don't know if that would've worked especially with Clemont having Chespin.

It's probably why they gave Clemont Luxray, because Dedenne and Helolisk were the ONLY electric types.

And yes I would've wanted the you-know-what-Pokemon but I don't think that would've worked, they wanted Ash with a strong team, and I can't imagine how they would've handled a trade evolution, especially since they did it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo. At best Ash's Pokemon being traded accidentally with Jessie's Pumpkaboo could've been a possibility.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think it's because 6th generation introduced the least amount of typings, and I think they went with Noivern to give Ash a dragon type since Goodra was released as well as Ash really liking Alexa's Noivern, and thought: Well we obviously can't think of anything better let's give him one of the first 6th generation Pokemon revealed because he really, really liked it.

I don't think anything else would've worked as well to be honest, either it would be too OP like Aegislash (if Ash would've been able to even have one) or it would be probably uninteresting one like maybe Vivillon/Pyroar, I just can't imagine anything that would've stood out.

Even looking at the top popular Pokemon Ash already had most with: Greninja, Noivern, Goodra, Talonflame, with Hawlucha is a bit lower.

Maybe Tyrantrum would've worked, I don't think Meowstic would've worked with Olympia unless they changed the battle, the other Pokemon are legendaries, mythicals and Pokemon his traveling companions had. Chesnaught isn't even on the list, so I don't know if that would've worked especially with Clemont having Chespin.

It's probably why they gave Clemont Luxray, because Dedenne and Helolisk were the ONLY electric types.

And yes I would've wanted the you-know-what-Pokemon but I don't think that would've worked, they wanted Ash with a strong team, and I can't imagine how they would've handled a trade evolution, especially since they did it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo. At best Ash's Pokemon being traded accidentally with Jessie's Pumpkaboo could've been a possibility.

I mean phantump was right there, the only reason I think is because it offered more aerial battles which can produce more cool battles compared to a trevenant which is slow and a tree, so in comparison noivern could give better action

dman_dustin

I mean phantump was right there, the only reason I think is because it offered more aerial battles which can produce more cool battles compared to a trevenant which is slow and a tree, so in comparison noivern could give better action

I mean the Trevenant in the XY episode with Hawlucha as well as Froakie moved pretty fast I think, obviously not the fastest, not compared to Noivern, but at least it was portrayed as more mobile than Goodra despite Goodra being technically faster than it or should be faster than it (though maybe Trevenant has the advantage of looking close to having spider like legs (multple) whereas Goodra only has two.

Ibrahim Saidu

It doesn't look like Ash is going to catch many Pokemon from the opening. I think he might catch a Grookey, a legendary and be done with catching for this series.
That wouldn't make sense. This is the world tour series so Ash will get at least one Pokemon from each region but a few more in Galar

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
They can show the pokémon as much as they please. I'm entitled to not like it. I normally don't have an issue with the newest catch having screentime but Riolu was kind of annoying because I could see it was clearly done to pandering the big fanbase the line has.

Another of my issues is how the whole episode set Riolu up as this pokémon Ash was destined to have. From Ash being suddently attracted to the egg, to Riolu being shown to be born to be a battler right off the bat... That's what made the capture annoying. Really, it was the first time where one of the episodes felt like I was reading someone's fanfic.

Gengar and Dragonite are popular. Not Lucario level but popular and their captures were handled a lot better. Riolu felt way too much fanservice and barely any organic at all...

As a final note, Riolu's whole thing of being newly hatched and picking fights had been done with Scraggy already. And even if BW has its fair share of flaws, it was done better there.
Honestly this. I keep seeing things like “You only hate it because it’s Riolu/Lucario!” like that wasn’t obvious already lol but that’s not the only issue.

I genuinely can’t believe that some people think its focus is solely because it’s a baby and not that it won’t evolve into the second most popular Pokémon. I’m sure his other Pokémon that were hatched from Eggs got this amount of focus

As for things like “You wouldn’t be mad if it was your favorite/another Pokémon”, yes, I would. My favorite Pokémon used to be Infernape and I hated how much focus it got compared to literally every one else.

If I have to see Go complaints literally every episode, then I’ll gladly complain about Riolu

Juaquin

The Chosen One
i honestly dont see the problem with Goh capturing a legendary from what i can remember ash never attempted to capture one so why should that bar goh from catching one...also lets not act like we haven't captured legendaries in regular pokeballs its not impossible to capture one on the first try

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He will never catch Mew.

Hopefully he doesn't
Where do you go after Mew? Switch it to some other Pokemon and send him on his way? That'd make his goal even worse than it already is, let him battle Mew but fail to beat it. Keeping Mew as his goal instead of removing it and slapping a lesser Pokemon in it's place like Celebi or Manaphy, Mew's top of the food chain!

He's not even attempting to look for Mew at all, as boring as Ash's current goal is progression wise at least we know Ash will face off against Leon as he is constantly progressing towards the point. Ash's victory over Leon will feel earned, and I hope he either wins or they let somebody else take the title. I don't want the overhyped 'unbeatable' champion as the World Champion going forward, I'd rather Ash or Cynthia/Lance take it since they don't use gimmicks as a crutch

MegaSalamence05

I like how some users did bring up the space issue at the laboratory but every space can have an extension look at Prof. Oak's lab for the perfect example. 23 years and he's got acres upon acres upon acres for the Pokemon that he and Tracey care for. So if Goh or Ash does happen to catch any Legendary or Mythical Pokemon they could easily build a larger facility for the Legendary Pokemon to stay in or even a separate facility for that matter. Make man-made mountains, rivers and grasslands like they are there already but scale it for size.

DuskAstral

I hope he either wins or they let somebody else take the title
I prefer another person to take over the title. If Satoshi wins, the next series would be a bit boring, for some reason I can't imagine coach Pikachu sitting in Galar all the time after winning and facing people who want to challenge him. I like traveling around the regions more

dman_dustin

I prefer another person to take over the title. If Satoshi wins, the next series would be a bit boring, for some reason I can't imagine coach Pikachu sitting in Galar all the time after winning and facing people who want to challenge him. I like traveling around the regions more

I don't know unless they include things to distract Ash, it's really hard to create a FULL 9th generation series about Ash perpetually being stuck in Master Class beating all the others including Leon multiple times, until he somehow is strong enough to defeat this 9th generation trainer who for whatever reason is stronger than Leon and is thus stronger than Ash.

That would be a boring series even if you include the world tour aspect. Ash's goal would be stagnant because he's not doing anything.

1. Either Ash is retired after winning.
2. My fan fiction idea comes to place, with Ash being the guardian of the multiverse which would allow for trainers to be stronger than Ash and Ash has access to all of his Pokemon, and it's heavy plot based, and Ash challenges the 9th generation with badges and everything with his new team. And before you complain these trainers and gym leaders are even stronger than Leon for example as they take place in a different universe, so Ash has to along with his 9th generation Pokemon but the thing to make it better is that it doesn't last long, Ash quickly gets his badges goes through the ranks and dethrones the 9th generation champion, but it's not the point of the series. It has to be multiverse oriented because I can't imagine this working in the actual normal anime.
3. Ash is disqualified or the new World Champion creates a rule that if you lose to him, you have to start over which would be dumb because I can't imagine how Ash would struggle unless he wants to catch brand new Pokemon and that's when we'll get Ash's P-Pokemon and Flygon and 9th generation mons that he didn't get this generation to continue the world tour (in other words the generations he doesn't touch on in this 8th generation will be gotten in 9th generation)
4. Alternate Ash with 9th generation battling concepts but different. I don't like this because it would mean resetting an Ash to the basic level having his Pikachu as normal and then doing 9th generation plot concepts.

I would like the world tour series to continue, but I feel the only way they can pull it off is if they include multiverse concepts, this way Ash can use ALL of his Pokemon while also catching new Pokemon and this would turn the series into a heavy plot episodic series. Because I'm not sure how Ash would have really tough battles in his home universe whereas you can justify the other universes just having a higher scale of strength.

Because how do you have Ash be the World Champion and continue to have a strong battling presence in the 9th generation. How do you justify the 9th generation region and champion just being that much stronger than Leon for example, that Ash would actually struggle with likely using Pikachu. I mean unless you want Ash to always win his battles while also catching new Pokemon in 9th generation and Ash is the unbeatable one, but going up against Elite Four and Champions and strong anime only trainers.

The only way to pull that off is having a Multiverse, because that would be the only way to justify the plot of Ash being weaker, you can't do it on his home universe/planet.

At best maybe Ash goes to space to another Pokemon world where the Pokemon trainers are stronger than Ash's Earth and even Pikachu struggles due to whatever battle gimmick exists, and Ash starts off with 9th generation maybe make it about badges or whatnot for the status quo, have Ash go through all these regions conveniently placing Pikachu as struggling against them until the next world series.

I don't know I feel like Ash being a guardian of the multiverse is really the only way you can have Ash having a strong battling presence, using all of his old Pokemon evolving some of them, while having this world tour series, including non game aspects finally into the anime like Delta Species, and Ash catches those, maybe a Steel/Dragon Flygon for example. As well as heavily include 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, etc concepts into them. It's the only way to have Pokemon be open ended, have a world tour aspects, have Ash be strong but also having a strong battling presence where he struggles, while also not ever having to worry about whether or not Ash is too strong or too weak.

That being said when Ash returns to his home as the Grand Supreme Multiverse Champion at the final end of Pokemon, his Pokemon are just going to one shot Leon's 6 Pokemon with just one of his Pokemon but I think that's okay, that's only fair. Edit: Along with the entire planet but that part isn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.