• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
So I clearly missed a lot in the week I was gone. But I’m vibing to this new intro. It showed Ash’s team which is nice. The Ludicolo and Marshtomp scene in the opening makes me think maybe they’ll give Ash a Swampert during that episode. That could be cool. After all Go is getting Rad Fly and honestly since it was his strategy, I think he deserves Flygon.

I didn't get the sense that said scene was meant to represent anything important in terms of Satoshi's team. If a Laglarge was going to appear in the episode that's foreshadowed in that scene, I don't see why they didn't just show a Laglarge there instead of Numacraw since clearly showing spoilers wasn't a problem for them given the other spoilers shown.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wouldn't find Aerodactyl all that surprising. Whenever the anime needs a fossil Pokemon to fill in, Aerodactyl tends to be their first choice and it has the most appearances by a country mile. Ash getting one would be more 'obvious' since that's the one the anime team loves using.

That's one of the reasons why I want the other fossils. A fair chunk of them have only appeared once, give them some attention.

Ash could still do something unique with one though, we never did get Mega Aerodactyl

MegaSalamence05

My only issue with Ash possibily getting Aerodactyl (I still believe it's going to Goh) is the parity of Ash's team on how it's been presently constructed. It would be Pikachu, Mr Mime (Away on a Job at Lab), Dragonite, Gengar all being Kanto Pokemon. Galarian Farfetch'd (Originally from Gen 1 but given a fresh new pain job for Galar in Gen 8). All being from the first Gen in Kanto. World Championships/Coronation Series. Being so predominately being only Generation 1 with Lucario being the lone Representative not from Kanto. Nice parity.

ShadowForce720

My only issue with Ash possibily getting Aerodactyl (I still believe it's going to Goh) is the parity of Ash's team on how it's been presently constructed. It would be Pikachu, Mr Mime (Away on a Job at Lab), Dragonite, Gengar all being Kanto Pokemon. Galarian Farfetch'd (Originally from Gen 1 but given a fresh new pain job for Galar in Gen 8). All being from the first Gen in Kanto. World Championships/Coronation Series. Being so predominately being only Generation 1 with Lucario being the lone Representative not from Kanto. Nice parity.

You know it’s likely that Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d is going to evolve into Sirfetch’d right?so Lucario is not going to be the only Pokémon on Ash’s team that’s not from Kanto as Sirfetch’d is a gen 8 Pokémon.

Also I don’t see what the point is in counting Pikachu here considering it’s for the most part always with Ash regardless of what his main team is.

Illusio

No words, only rage
1 in OS
1 in XY
Where else?

1 in Pokemon Generations (yes it is canon but not the main part of the anime).

Then should we be angry that it make appearance regardless who catch it?

+1 in Pokemon Heroes
1 in DP
Also 12 minor appearances.

So not as much as I thought, but it's not exactly hurting for appearances when compared to Cradily, Carracosta or especially Tyrantrum (who still only has the Bonnie episode).
Ash could still do something unique with one though, we never did get Mega Aerodactyl

But Mega Aerodactyl is the worst one. Fair, though if Ash had to get a Mega I want Mega Charizard Y for redemption.

dman_dustin

I didn't get the sense that said scene was meant to represent anything important in terms of Satoshi's team. If a Laglarge was going to appear in the episode that's foreshadowed in that scene, I don't see why they didn't just show a Laglarge there instead of Numacraw since clearly showing spoilers wasn't a problem for them given the other spoilers shown.

Well I mean we have to take into consideration the Ludicolo, they may have wanted THAT particular scene from the episode, since it did look like a scene from a future episode more so than most of the other scenes, so maybe they wanted that scene instead of just a random Swampert.

Swampert however is my least favorite water starter, so Ash not getting one is preferable. But I guess its still possible since it's impossible to know WHAT the writers plan to do with Ash's team. If Ash needed a water/ground Pokemon I'd honestly prefer Palpitoad come back and evolve, not sure why he would need Swampert.

I mean Empoleon at least has the honor of allowing Ash to have 3 fully evolved starters of a single generation, something I've desperately wanted when triple battles were introduced, but Ash never did get Serperior, Samurott or even Emboar, because apparently Ash wasn't allowed to have a fully evolve starter in 5th generation.

I highly doubt Ash will be getting Blastoise or Primarina (and unfortunately including Inteleon on that which is said). So of the starters he likely should only get potentially Feraligatr, Empoleon, and Samurott.

But of course I feel that won't happen as I'm sure they're going to bring Greninja back which is probably why they completely passed on giving Ash Inteleon because no matter what Ash gets in terms of water starters, there's no way it's going to surpass Greninja, and maybe they don't even want to give an obvious inferior species so as not to take away spotlight from it when Greninja comes back.

Also I don’t see what the point is in counting Pikachu here considering it’s for the most part always with Ash regardless of what his main team is.

I never count Pikachu for anything except for annoying battles and excessive use.

But for team composition I only count it as a permanent member. It's not a 1st generation Kanto Pokemon in the same vein as Ash getting Dragonite, Gengar and technically Farfetch'd but thankfully it will evolve into an 8th generation Pokemon.

But it is his and will always be his first slot. Ash may ONLY ever catch 5 Pokemon and for that I would blame Pikachu for preventing Ash from getting six Pokemon at least. Like what happened in 6th generation and 7th generation who even had issues even giving Ash 5 Pokemon let alone 6 Pokemon.

Zoruagible

I just see that Marshomp scene as another reference to Brock, like the Croagunk/Piplup episode.
I doubt that Ash is getting a Marshtomp and it's certainly not Brock's, I don't doubt he's coming at some point but it ain't happening until after the Alola episodes

dman_dustin

Since I don't know what they're doing with Ash's team there is something that I'm not happy about, and would potentially cause me to dislike Ash's eventual Sirfetch'd even more.

The anime since 6th generation has always had issues with giving Ash a full team. I don't know why, but in Kalos he released Greninja (that's supposed to say Goodra, thanks brain for failing me, LOL) before getting Noibat, and in Alola he released Poipole before he caught Meltan and after a long while I might add. 6 weeks with only 4 Pokemon on Ash's team in 6th generation and 22 damn weeks/episodes in Alola, holy crap I knew it was a long gap I didn't realize it was that damn long.

Ash (not counting Mr. Mime) already has five Pokemon:

Pikachu
Dragonite
Gengar
Riolu
Farfetch'd

If Ash is only getting one more Pokemon which would suck to be honest, but still a possibility, I want to express how pissed I'll be if Ash's last Pokemon will be Grookey/Rillaboom. If Ash doesn't get more than this after Grookey, Sirfetch'd will automatically become my least favorite Pokemon. I get the appeal of a regional variant, and I understand why they would choose Farfetch'd.

BUT there were so many better choices than Farfetch'd. Look I could live with just Tyranitar being Ash's last Pokemon or even Chandelure or even Garchomp, and be fine with Sirfetch'd because at least they wanted to give Ash ONE Galar Pokemon and maybe they just randomly selected Farfetch'd, not entirely happy but I would have to shrug my shoulders.

But if Ash does get Grookey, and locks out Ash from getting anything else hypothetically, because Sirfetch'd is pure fighting I'll be infinitely more annoyed with Sirfetch'd because they chose to give Rillaboom to Ash. If it was one 8th generation Pokemon, they just chose Sirfetch'd at random chance, I'm not happy with it, but its fine. If they give Ash Rillaboom, then I have to think they intentionally gave Ash Sirfetch'd, which annoys me so more than random chance because there were SO many better choices.

Sure Farfetch'd was also likely chosen because of the Riolu partnership, fine......but I will still not be happy with them giving Ash Sirfetch'd over any other 8th generation. Which is another reason why I do not like Go, and how they're treating Ash this generation. Ash is missing out on cool 8th generation Pokemon, that they're going to shove onto Go, and it's like that's not fair, why doesn't Ash get to have a good collection of 8th generation Pokemon it is the current generations (which is why I want Ash with 12 captures this generation, for world tour reasons AS well as 8th generation captures). It's not going to happen but whatever.

My feelings aside, if Ash does get Grookey/Rillaboom and that's it or even just one more Pokemon and that's it, I definitely have to give kudos to all of you Sirfetch'd fans who clearly won the jackpot. What are you going to do with your winnings? Buy a house, buy a car? Buy the Pokemon anime?

Master Pikachu 11

let me guess because it's part dragon? that one feels really overated to me personally at this point.

I mean at least Aerodactyl has the surprise factor, like a lot of other fossils probably would.

if it wasn't for the stupid "they can't exist out of the cold" story I would've liked Ash to get Aurorus because I love how cute and adorable it is, but I know that one is the only one that ain't happening.

Doesn't galar farfetch'd pretty much negate the whole "Ash can't get regional forms" argument regardless?
Actually Tyrantrum being part dragon is irrelevant to me on why I want it, I always found its design and it being a T-Rex as the main reason for wanting it. Seeing Ash command a T-Rex would look so cool in the anime. If it wasn’t for the exist out of cold, I would have liked Ash to get Aurorus as well as it has another cool design and it could have been Ash’s second ice type, but it is what it is.
because its a ****ing t-rex?
Couldn’t have said any better myself

Juaquin

The Chosen One
its his home region and his base of operations so of course his captures will include kanto pokemon and from a business standpoint the original pokemon are the most recognizable/profitable, also for all intent and purposes G-farfetch is a gen 8 pokemom bot a gen 1 pokemon no matter how you spin it

TomRC121991

I said, in last Sunday, I was hoping Ash will get a Flygon, but in new opening it turns out disappointed, it seems Goh will get a Flygon and I got upset.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh each Pokémon has a role but Xernas and Yveltal are hard to write a story around

Zoruagible

The suspense for Ash's next capture is killing me. It could be anything from the eight generations

I sure hope it's in September...

Tbh each Pokémon has a role but Xernas and Yveltal are hard to write a story around

Not really, they just chose to write them off and utilize a giant rock instead for whatever reason

Greninja786

1. If he had to use all the buffs, he wouldn't leave the Z-Ring at home.
2. It is logical to me that the Mega Stone can go to Gou, as these stones are to appear in "Pokemon Go". Besides, the fact that the boy does not have a strong bond with his Pokemon at the moment does not mean that it will never change.
3. As for Lucario, I think it will be Battle Bond instead of Mega Evolution.

Wht if they introduce a new type of mega evolution named aura bond?

Zariful

So this is why I get capture vibes from that scene with the Ludicolo and many a Marshtomp. It’s obviously not Brock’s because he’s around elsewhere. If there was just one Marshtomp, I would consider it just a callback. But they put in multiple. Now this could be a filler episode. It gives me Dragonair/Dragonite vibes. Where one could take a liking to Ash for one reason or another. We’ve seen in the past that the writers don’t mind repeating episode structures. For example, one of Ash’s Pokémon evolving to beat a gym in Unova. It could also Evolve in the episode like Dragonair or evolve later like Riolu and Farfetch’d.

Status
Not open for further replies.