• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I don't think the writers have "chosen" to restrict Satoshi to anything, he just happens to have more Kanto Mons cause they're generally the most popular ones. As we see with Riolu if a newer gen Mon's popularity exceeds Kanto's they'll shill it just the same or more, but that isn't too common so even if Lucario and let's say, Greninja ended up being the most shilled Mons of the series Kanto still wins in terms of quantity.
Except for the fact that the Majority of the Top 10 Pokémon of all time are not even from Kanto?

1. Greninja
2. Lucario
3. Mimikyu
4. Charizard
5.Umbreon
6. Sylveon
7.Garchomp
8.Rayquaza
9. Gardevoir
10. Gengar

Literally only two of those are Kanto mons

If they intended on restricting Ash to Kanto then why would they give pretty much all of the popular Kanto Pokemon that he doesn't own to Goh?
He's locked off from getting a Scyther, Cubone and Gyarados in this series and soon most likely Aerodactyl as well

Your logic doesn't make much sense as Eevee and the legendary Pokemon are really all that is left for him. Goh's probably going to get majority of the Kanto dex but Ash isn't going to catch majority Kanto Pokemon this saga

The one time I'd actually be okay with a retcon, let's just ignore Charizard's **** BW moveset and give him back his old one
You are missing the point. Ash don't need all that popular Kanto pokemons, in fact he only need 1 more pokemon to make a primary party and then he can use his previous captures for reserve.

The writer is not restriced to anything, they are free to decide how many pokemons he is going to catch whether it is small or large quantity and what regions they come from (as Galar is already represented by soon to be Sirfetch'd). If they want majority from Kanto, they can, if they want from each regions, they can. If they do not want duplicates but they want to give Ash a Gyarados, they can prevent Goh's Magikarp from evolving, if they want to give Ash a Scyther, they can evolve Goh's Scyther into Scizor.

Rohanator

Except for the fact that the Majority of the Top 10 Pokémon of all time are not even from Kanto?

1. Greninja
2. Lucario
3. Mimikyu
4. Charizard
5.Umbreon
6. Sylveon
7.Garchomp
8.Rayquaza
9. Gardevoir
10. Gengar

Literally only two of those are Kanto mons
That's because you got to vote for a Mon from each region. If you only got ONE vote Greninja probably wouldn't have even won, it's not that it's overwhelmingly more popular than Charizard, but that it beat the other Kalos Mons with a higher margin than Zard beat other Kanto Mons, because Kanto has more popular Mons that end up splitting the vote and making Charizard look worse than other gen winners.

So like, even though I'm sure this list DOES impact marketing as well, I'm sure the producers realize that overall Kanto is still the most popular gen. There is no world where Gardevoir and Garchomp are ACTUALLY more popular than Gengar, Dragonite, Eevee, Bulbasaur etc. Not to mention Pikachu itself.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rohanator said:
I don't think the writers have "chosen" to restrict Satoshi to anything, he just happens to have more Kanto Mons cause they're generally the most popular ones. As we see with Riolu if a newer gen Mon's popularity exceeds Kanto's they'll shill it just the same or more, but that isn't too common so even if Lucario and let's say, Greninja ended up being the most shilled Mons of the series Kanto still wins in terms of quantity.

I personally hope that they're done with the Kanto captures for Satoshi's team. The fact that they moved on to Riolu and Galarian Kamonegi after Gangar was caught gives me hope that they won't feel the need to give him more Kanto Pokemon. I personally think that they should've had Gou promote the popular Kanto Pokemon all along while giving Satoshi newer species.

That's because you got to vote for a Mon from each region. If you only got ONE vote Greninja probably wouldn't have even won, it's not that it's overwhelmingly more popular than Charizard, but that it beat the other Kalos Mons with a higher margin than Zard beat other Kanto Mons, because Kanto has more popular Mons that end up splitting the vote and making Charizard look worse than other gen winners.

So like, even though I'm sure this list DOES impact marketing as well, I'm sure the producers realize that overall Kanto is still the most popular gen. There is no world where Gardevoir and Garchomp are ACTUALLY more popular than Gengar, Dragonite, Eevee, Bulbasaur etc. Not to mention Pikachu itself.
Are you sure? I seems to remember that the total vote of Galar top 30 is far less than the total vote of Kanto top 30.

nickdt

Are you sure? I seems to remember that the total vote of Galar top 30 is far less than the total vote of Kanto top 30.

tbh, that mainly has to do with Galar being the newest region and people need to warm up to its mons still (And Meltan and Melmetal were counted towards gen 8, which didn't help either), so the majority of the Galar votes were gonna be split amongst the majority of the mons anyways. What i also noticed is that the Galar mons that were in the top 30 were either Pokemon that had a Gigamax form, were already popular upon introduction or had a presence in the game (Used by a significant character)
Leon - Dragapult
Hop - Wooloo/Corviknight
Opal - Alcremie (G-Max form)
Sonia - Yamper (Notice how Boltund is absent)
Bea - Sirfetch'd/Falinks
Bede - Hatterene (G-Max form)
Marnie - Morpeko/Grimmsnarl (G-Max form)
Kabu - Centiskorch (G-Max form)
Piers - Obstagoon
Milo - Appletun (Rematch and G-Max form)

Snom, Dracovish, Eiscue and Cramorant are meme mons.
The only one you can say is just there is Frossmoth, but considering Snom is in top 5, that isn't so surprising either.
And then we have the legendaries and starter lines

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Out of curiosity has Go surpassed Ash's Pokemon count? I kind of lost track at this point

Well ash has total number of 76 pokemon including 3o tauros whereas go has 56 pokemon as of now, bet he will overtake ash before 50 episode mark.

Rohanator

I personally think that they should've had Gou promote the popular Kanto Pokemon all along while giving Satoshi newer species.
Every series has done that though so *shrug* it works but I don't mind them switching it up. Sucks if you were a big fan of Galar Mons but thankfully I much prefer what I've gotten so far, in XY I probably would've been more upset since I was a big Talonflame fan before anime even started.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
Alain lost his appeal in Mega Evolution Special 4. I really liked him in the first 3 specials and then he plummeted, like most XYs characters

I liked him in the first Mega Evolution special since back then I wasn't expecting him to receive that much screen-time in the future. But then once the second special aired and it became a bit more obvious that he'd appear in the main anime eventually, I started growing apprehensive that he'd be one of those highly overexposed characters that we seem to get at least once per saga.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I personally hope that they're done with the Kanto captures for Satoshi's team. The fact that they moved on to Riolu and Galarian Kamonegi after Gangar was caught gives me hope that they won't feel the need to give him more Kanto Pokemon. I personally think that they should've had Gou promote the popular Kanto Pokemon all along while giving Satoshi newer species.
Best case scenario honestly. The fans who only care for the oldest and newest roster get what they wanted. Go is the perfect character to showcase old Pokémon too. As of now, I’m really bored with his current team and is probably the most boring with only Farfetch’d somewhat intriguing me because of Sirfetch’d

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
tbh, that mainly has to do with Galar being the newest region and people need to warm up to its mons still (And Meltan and Melmetal were counted towards gen 8, which didn't help either), so the majority of the Galar votes were gonna be split amongst the majority of the mons anyways. What i also noticed is that the Galar mons that were in the top 30 were either Pokemon that had a Gigamax form, were already popular upon introduction or had a presence in the game (Used by a significant character)
Leon - Dragapult
Hop - Wooloo/Corviknight
Opal - Alcremie (G-Max form)
Sonia - Yamper (Notice how Boltund is absent)
Bea - Sirfetch'd/Falinks
Bede - Hatterene (G-Max form)
Marnie - Morpeko/Grimmsnarl (G-Max form)
Kabu - Centiskorch (G-Max form)
Piers - Obstagoon
Milo - Appletun (Rematch and G-Max form)

Snom, Dracovish, Eiscue and Cramorant are meme mons.
The only one you can say is just there is Frossmoth, but considering Snom is in top 5, that isn't so surprising either.
And then we have the legendaries and starter lines
I think Melony uses a Frosmoth

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Best case scenario honestly. The fans who only care for the oldest and newest roster get what they wanted. Go is the perfect character to showcase old Pokémon too. As of now, I’m really bored with his current team and is probably the most boring with only Farfetch’d somewhat intriguing me because of Sirfetch’d
Omg I thought I was the only one who thought this way. I am glad there are more ppl here that think Ash should have catched more Galar Pokemon..

Zariful

Honestly speaking, I don’t mind if Go gets Zapdos. Because I consider mythicals the same as legendaries. I’m real interested to see how Sakuragi would handle that. Random quality of life episode at the lab with Zapdos around would be super hilarious

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Omg I thought I was the only one who thought this way. I am glad there are more ppl here that think Ash should have catched more Galar Pokemon..
There’s definitely people who’d prefer that but most people here seem to like him getting old Pokémon. Personally I feel it’s a waste considering most of these new Pokémon will never get significant roles. I’m just hoping he catches at least 2 more so I’m not just half interested in Sirfetch’d all season

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

A lot of people want it, it's why I get so frustrated that they drag his captures out as it's ridiculous it took him as long it did to get one Galar Pokemon. I don't want it being the same length to get his second Galar Pokemon

I don't mind him getting old Pokemon, I always wanted him to catch old Pokemon. But it should have been old, Galar, old, Galar, Galar, old, old, Galar, old, Galar.
I just hope they don't break the rule of him always getting at least 5 of the current gen Pokemon

RetroPokeFan

The way they've been treating some of the team feels like they've gone ass backwards after Sun & Moon.

Poor Gengar and Dragonite, it really feels like they're just there to be character props recently (worse in Gengar's case since it's been doing f-all after Korrina's battle). Heck, don't even get me started on how they even kind of goofed up with Pikachu (y'know, the mascot) with the recent episode it got.

desdar300

Well I can agree that generation one are well known to the General Public but I don't know about the overall fan base as it is right now.
The current base is made up of twenty-somethings that started with the DS era Pokemon at the latest and Ruby and Sapphire at the earliest.
That's why Lucario is pretty much the modern equivalent of what Charizard was back then because the kids from this era grew up with him and experience how hard Nintendo was pushing it.
And what kind of irks me overall is that a generation 8 Pokemon could rise up to that standard if it was given proper care but it's clear that the producers are kind of keen on pushing things that are already popular while the new stuff that's actually relevant to the overall company right now is going to fall to the Wayside and they may not even get a second chance

Status
Not open for further replies.