• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

desdar300

Speaking of the little monkey I think based on the Pokedex entries it's going to pop up in the slumbering Weald ( Forest in JP).
Every single pokedex entry for the entire boom line states that they live in troops in the forest and the Weald is Right By Postwick .
I doubt it would be one with Glimwood because that's specifically for Fairy Pokemon and likely where they're going to encounter G. Ponyta.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Speaking of the little monkey I think based on the Pokedex entries it's going to pop up in the slumbering Weald ( Forest in JP).
Every single pokedex entry for the entire boom line states that they live in troops in the forest and the Weald is Right By Postwick .
I doubt it would be one with Glimwood because that's specifically for Fairy Pokemon and likely where they're going to encounter G. Ponyta.
If the anime ever gets the hell out of Wyndon during Galar themed episodes that'd be a nice location

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Grookey’s had merch and artwork since around Scorbunny’s evolution episode so I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.
I’ve had this theory since the second visit to Galar. Was thinking about an anime episode that’s basically the opening of SwSh where one of them gets the starter (Grookey) and they encounter the wolves. If Hop exists or they want to give him an early appearance, he could appear but I personally see Leon, Rose, Magnolia, and Sonia showing up in this hypothetical episode.

Could also see it being at Motostoke like the first SwSh trailer

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Well, I hope it reveals something like Dual Wingbeat to beat Hawlucha, and maybe a fighting move like Brick Break. For his final moveset I'd like to see Meteor Assault, Brave Bird, Solar Blade/Leaf Blade and maybe First Impression to catch Psychic types by surprise. Poison Jab would be nice too for Faeries.
Dual Wingbeat is an Isle of Armor-exclusive tutor move.

Zariful

I don’t know if I’d want Sirfetch’d to have Solar Blade or Brave Bird on its moveset. If they don’t pull a Turtonator/Golisopod and have it keep its signature move and they keep its game handicap where it needs to recharge afterwards. Then Brave Bird has been pretty inconsistent about how often it actually does recoil. I don’t know if Talonflame and Rowlet ever had to face recoil though. And I think Solar Blade was only used by totem Lurantis so far. I definitely don’t think it needs 3 moves which potential handicaps. Granted they could pick and choose when they decide to use them considering how inconsistent some moves have been.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ok so I clearly missed so much after having been gone for an entire week, if we’re still on the topic of Grookey, whenever it appears, I still don’t think Ash is getting it and my opinion/stance still hasn’t changed on it. Would rather have something like Corviknight or Dreepy instead as Ash’s second Galar capture.

Regarding Ash’s future Sirfetch’d, still don’t think Brave Bird will be it nor Leaf Blade. Thinking the moveset will look like this:
-Meteor Assault
-Iron Defense
-Close Combat
-Night Slash

esquilo09

I prefer Corviknight, Dreepy, Alcremie, Toxtricity, Obstagoon, G-Darmanitan, Eiscue over Grookey as Ash's 2nd Galar mon.

PsychoLogical

What are your speculations and expectations on the upcoming Alola episodes????
-Ash and Kiawe battle
-Ash fully getting a grip with himself after losing to Bea
-Alolan reserves potentially returning
-Go catching that Aerodactyl from the OP on Akala Island

World Turtle

I only want Ash to get Grookey/Rillaboom (drummer) if he's also getting Obstagoon (singer) and Toxtricty (guitarist). Them rocking out at the lab will be a fun running gag.

Also want him to get Dreepy so it can train under Gengar and Dragonite.

I'd like Ash to get Corviknight and maybe Frosmoth (I want Ash to get more Bug and Ice types) too.

PsychoLogical

I only want Ash to get Grookey/Rillaboom (drummer) if he's also getting Obstagoon (singer) and Toxtricty (guitarist). Them rocking out at the lab will be a fun running gag.

Also want him to get Dreepy so it can train under Gengar and Dragonite.

I'd like Ash to get Corviknight and maybe Frosmoth (I want Ash to get more Bug and Ice types) too.
The Dreepy one is something I really want. If the anime is taking bios into consideration more seriously now than in past series then it would be perfect if there was a focus ep for Dreepy where Gengar and Dragonite can help a wild Dreepy get stronger since its bio does say that Dreepy can grow stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train. Would imagine Dragonite would attempt to teach it Dragon Dance and Gengar teaching Shadow Ball.

desdar300

The Dreepy one is something I really want. If the anime is taking bios into consideration more seriously now than in past series then it would be perfect if there was a focus ep for Dreepy where Gengar and Dragonite can help a wild Dreepy get stronger since its bio does say that Dreepy can grow stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train. Would imagine Dragonite would attempt to teach it Dragon Dance and Gengar teaching Shadow Ball.
It would be extremely interesting to see how they portray it blowing up its little babies

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Paul's not my favorite but we didn't really see just how much his character has changed so that'd be neat. Alain is kinda boring, honestly. Like Paul's a jerk but you remember every little thing he did to get under everyone's skin, Gary was annoying but you remember him being annoying, almost every rival not from XY could be remembered for their quirk no matter how dumb it was, I don't remember Tierno or Trevor or Treeko boy or Alain, I remember Shauna because she introduced Serena to the world of fashion.

Hmm... Paul, I thought was an interesting and unique character which I feel is pretty much a rarity in the series. He was arrogant like Gary was but it was a different kind of arrogant. Different type of condescending personality I guess I want to say.

While Paul wasn't as annoying and obnoxious as Gary could be, I still found Gary to be more likeable.

I also like Alain from XY. Especially with his backstory with Team Flare. I thought that was kind of interesting. He doesn't stand out to me like Gary and Paul do, but he is still up there as one of my favorite rivals.

So, I actually wouldn't mind seeing any of these rivals again. Gary, I think, would probably have the best chance out of them to return, but you never know.

So after I went over to Bulbapedia and did some research on go as a character I think it makes a lot of sense why go got both Raboot and Sobble.
Go is incredibly passionate about his goal of catching Pokemon as well as his actual name literally meaning to move from one place to another resonates pretty well with the ace line who's obsessed at honing their craft of Kicking and running around like actual football players.
I think Sobble and by extension Drizzle represent his intelligence but also introverted nature.
It's kind of cool that he's kind of dealing with Pokemon reflections of himself
Based on that logic, will Grookey line fit Goh?
If the anime ever gets the hell out of Wyndon during Galar themed episodes that'd be a nice location
Didn't they tease Slumbering Weald in the OP?
Dual Wingbeat is an Isle of Armor-exclusive tutor move.
Ash Ketchum is a Move Tutor... lol
I don’t know if I’d want Sirfetch’d to have Solar Blade or Brave Bird on its moveset. If they don’t pull a Turtonator/Golisopod and have it keep its signature move and they keep its game handicap where it needs to recharge afterwards.
It is a finishing move, like Alain used for his Mega Charizard X.
Then Brave Bird has been pretty inconsistent about how often it actually does recoil. I don’t know if Talonflame and Rowlet ever had to face recoil though.
They talked about the recoil in SM.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
Looking forward seeing Goh get it lol
Yeah I too want it on Goh's Team but part of me thinks that I will be disappointed.
(Cuz, the ending).But I won't be much upset bcuz Goh might look too packed up with walking mons:p(Bunny, Crybaby)
Also maybe it can evolve fully (cuz we haven't got fully evolved grass starter mons since the giant turtle)
EfodOW0UYAUlPgR

Grookey anime debut soon? :eek:
I think this is just promo material.

Status
Not open for further replies.