• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunamimijumaru

Kind of hard to predict how many mons Ash is catching this gen as he was catching something every 5/6 episodes and now we don't know when his next catch is. I imagine the next couple episodes are about Zapdos and Aerodactyl which may be taking place in Alola. I'm personally predicting/hopimg for around 14, so that's basically a full team of Galar Pokemon and then one more fan favourite from the remaining regions where he hasn't caught something but i'm beginning to feel like this world tour series is mostly centred around just the travel aspect of going to every region we know of as opposed to catching something from all of them.

Kanto: Dragonite and Gengar

Johto: Tyranitar

Hoenn: Absol

Sinnoh: Lucario

Unova: Reuniclus

Kalos: Aegislash

Alola: Golisopod

Galar: Sirfetch'd, Rillaboom, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Dragapult, Urhsifu SS

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash with Umbreon is going to be very annoying, and I really hope it doesn't happen.

I have no idea why they would give Ash an Umbreon, it can't be the number one choice for Ash.

Like Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, I just don't think Umbreon is on their level in comparison to other Eeeveelutions for Ash. I just can't imagine they'd be like....yeah this is a good Pokemon for Ash despite you know all the other characters with Umbreon, it's going to look a LITTLE weird.

I mean it was always going to be a Johto Eeveelution if Ash were to get an older one

Umbreon's consistently remained popular though his place in the ranking changes frequently.

Umbreon's my favorite so I don't mind, would prefer Espeon so he has a reliable Psychic type but Umbreon is perfect! Honestly so long as it doesn't turn into Sylveon, I don't care. Anything but that abomination please

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Becoming a researcher was quite fitting since they couldn't go with his game counterpart's fate, the Viridian gym was never brought up again until AG and I'd honestly be surprised if we ever saw it again.

Not to mention sending him off like that the exact moment Misty left for hers would have been really weird.

It also felt like a way to bring him back in future stories if they ever wanted to bring him back. Plus it's a reference to his grandpa in a way who was also a trainer before settling down.

Gary and Paul are the only rivals I'm really interested in seeing again. The changed attitudes merely show they grew while if we were to get an XY rival? Exact same character and probably the exact same team too for added insult to injury lol

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ef3LHGoWoAEqI-X

We have a new pic/scan. Some notes according from others: Grapploct’s using Liquidation, That wild Pikachu from the image for JN035 below the first JN035 image is holding a Thunderstone with a leaf trying to get Ash’s Pikachu to evolve but ofc its refusing and hiding behind Ash’s leg.

Zariful

Right now I just need to get a gauge of their plans once Ash gets two more Pokémon before I make any predictions on how many he gets. I’m not sure how willing they are to change this opening since they didn’t update the first one. But I figured they’d update this one to include Lucario and Sirfetch’d when they evolve since they already included Lucario and Cinderace in one scene.

PsychoLogical

Ef3J_HmUYAAQbId

Oh forgot to mention: Likely means nothing but this same type of or even same image of that Pokedex merch advertising which lolipiece pointed out weeks prior resurfaced again. Idk if this one’s new or not cause I cant find the older/other versions of this image anymore.

PsychoLogical

Putting this bet on for later in the series: some Old rivals and even companions will return later down the line as PWC opponents in the late Super Class or Hyper Class where I’m expecting more 3v3s , double battles or even 6v6s.

Zariful

Status
Not open for further replies.