• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

People actually think they’ll be able to have Go catch every single mon? Amusing, perhaps even pathetic at an extent. They’re not going to be able to do that no matter what anyone says.
That's not really the point.

I'm saying there's no reason for them to not have Go catch the pre-evos just because Ash already has the final evolved form. Or even sharing the same Pokemon especially since it'll just stay at Sakuragi's lab.

That's different than saying Go is going to catch a Deino when it's evolutionary line hasn't shown up in the slightest (for example).

Master Pikachu 11

He'll probably just catch most of them off screen

And once this series is over and Ash and Gou inevitably separate, Ash will more than likely leave Lucario, Gengar, Sirfetch'd, and Dragonite at Sakuragi's Lab in Gou's care anyways
Just because that happened in Sun and Moon doesn’t mean it’s going to happen here and besides it would not be alright for him to have his friend Goh take care of not only all of his Pokémon but also Ash’s Pokémon as well and leave him to do all the work. Also if the reserves do come back into the fold in the future then he is for sure not going to leave his new team at Cerise’s lab because some of the reserves will also be at Cerise’s so he could train with them as well. Another point that I want to make is Gengar is not going to be happy staying at a lab that he was abandoned at without his new trainer.

Zariful

People actually think they’ll be able to have Go catch every single mon? Amusing, perhaps even pathetic at an extent. They’re not going to be able to do that no matter what anyone says.
I wouldn’t go as far to say pathetic, perhaps misguided. I definitely don’t think he’s gonna catch every single mon known to man. We’ve been following Ash for 20+ years and he still hasn’t become a Pokémon master. Most characters we’ve seen haven’t gotten their dreams fulfilled.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Another point that I want to make is Gengar is not going to be happy staying at a lab that he was abandoned at without his new trainer.

Which is exactly why I hope they put everyone at Oak's at the end of this, all of Ash's Pokemon in one place for convenience purposes and since they'll likely all meet up anyways later on in this saga so might as well let Gengar, Dragonite, and Lucario live with them

Are you sure this is not going to be Ash's last series? Having said that, this series might also span for years accross multiple future generations.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Are you sure this is not going to be Ash's last series? Having said that, this series might also span for years accross multiple future generations.
finally someone says it this series is not locked onto Galar and if need be they can retcon PWC to be a seasonal thing so that if a Gen 9 happens they have that champion defeat Leon or something to give ash a new hurdle but i see Ash and Goh being the Main characters for a long time

Master Pikachu 11

Ash is not leaving until he becomes a Pokémon Master and this series has already established that beating Leon is just a step to becoming a Pokémon Master. It doesn’t mean that he will be a Pokémon Master because he beat Leon as it is “so much more then that”.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
and besides it would not be alright for him to have his friend Goh take care of not only all of his Pokémon but also Ash’s Pokémon as well and leave him to do all the work.

But isn't that rather hypocritical considering that Satoshi is currently doing that to both Okido-hakase and Kukui-hakase? The fact that Satoshi leaves his reserve Pokemon with someone else and has them take care of his Pokemon and barely visits them to begin with has always irked me, but him leaving a few reserves with someone else wouldn't be any different.

World Turtle

Maybe for Gen 9 they'll just rotate the 9th region into the current world tour format, but I'm expecting another change in format for Gen 10/30th Anniversary.

Maybe Ash becomes a Junior G-Men/Interpol agent or a Pokemon Ranger and travels the world fighting evil with Looker as his boss.

quake

Ash is not leaving until he becomes a Pokémon Master and this series has already established that beating Leon is just a step to becoming a Pokémon Master. It doesn’t mean that he will be a Pokémon Master because he beat Leon as it is “so much more then that”.
But becoming a Pokémon Master is still so vague. Ash has caught many pokemon including a mythical, travelled many regions battled many trainers and leagues, won three top positions in those leagues (orange islands, battle frontier and Alola) and has two special form only pokemon. He's also befriended loads of legendary pokemon which is more then a lot of others. Like honestly, after the PWC all that's left is the winners league from winning regional leagues but thats still not clear on how that works. Ash is already very close to being a master.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
But becoming a Pokémon Master is still so vague. Ash has caught many pokemon including a mythical, travelled many regions battled many trainers and leagues, won three top positions in those leagues (orange islands, battle frontier and Alola) and has two special form only pokemon. He's also befriended loads of legendary pokemon which is more then a lot of others. Like honestly, after the PWC all that's left is the winners league from winning regional leagues but thats still not clear on how that works. Ash is already very close to being a master.
I really hope after the PWC he takes on the Indigo league again i know its a step down from PWC but it would be so satisfying for him to win his regional league with all of his pokemon hes collected on his journey

Decidueye23

I really hope after the PWC he takes on the Indigo league again i know its a step down from PWC but it would be so satisfying for him to win his regional league with all of his pokemon hes collected on his journey
But if he defeats each regional champions in the PWC it would be redundant to go back to a regional league wouldnt it.

I actually have been wondering...

As Ash is an Alolan Champion, can he participate in the league of another region?

Master Pikachu 11

But isn't that rather hypocritical considering that Satoshi is currently doing that to both Okido-hakase and Kukui-hakase? The fact that Satoshi leaves his reserve Pokemon with someone else and has them take care of his Pokemon and barely visits them to begin with has always irked me, but him leaving a few reserves with someone else wouldn't be any different.
He doesn’t visit his Oak Pokémon on screen, he has probably visited his Oak Pokémon off screen after the SM series as he heads back. The reason he left his Alolan Pokémon with Kukui is because they are like a second family to him and I guess they are comfortable there because Rowlet can go visit his Toucannon family, Lycanroc has lived with Kukui before Ash, so I fully believed the writers mainly did that because they knew ahead of time that Ash was going to be back in Alola for next series. Anyway Cerise and his family are no where near as comparable to Kukui as they are not like a family to Ash and plus since he is not that far from Pallet town. I doubt that he needs to leave his Pokémon at Cerise’s lab, when he could just bring them with him.
Yes it is vague and that is why because they have not addressed what it would take to be a Pokémon Master and said that beating Leon is only one step to become one. It pretty much means that until they are actually specific in what he needs to do, Ash will not be leaving the series any time soon.

dman_dustin

He doesn’t visit his Oak Pokémon on screen, he has probably visited his Oak Pokémon off screen after the SM series as he heads back. The reason he left his Alolan Pokémon with Kukui is because they are like a second family to him and I guess they are comfortable there because Rowlet can go visit his Toucannon family, Lycanroc has lived with Kukui before Ash, so I fully believed the writers mainly did that because they knew ahead of time that Ash was going to be back in Alola for next series. Anyway Cerise and his family are no where near as comparable to Kukui as they are not like a family to Ash and plus since he is not that far from Pallet town. I doubt that he needs to leave his Pokémon at Cerise’s lab, when he could just bring them with him.

Why does the Alola team get special privileges as it were by being forced to stay in Alola because its Ash's second home, or what the Pokemon feel the most comfortable with but why wouldn't that apply to his Pokemon 2019 Pokemon.

Especially Gengar, it's lived in the Sakuragi institute before Ash even became a Pokemon trainer.

So why is it okay to uproot Gengar and so on and so forth and dropped at Oak's Lab, but nah, can't do that with Ash's Alola team.

I mean the only real argument is they REALLY don't want to show off Ash's Oak'd Pokemon but they would like to bring back his Alola team or at least show up in the episode that Ash goes to Alola. But then I'd ask why avoid Ash's Oak'd Pokemon? I'm sure people would want to see them, even getting some interesting evolutions. Maybe Gible wants to show off its new move and Ash sends out Riolu/Dragonite or something and then it evolves into Gabite for example. Or even Quilava evolving into Typhlosion or something. Or maybe we can see Ash's Pokemon battling each other and training up.

On another somewhat unrelated note thus not important to respond to:
Though I'm always left confused as to how the anime works on a certain aspect: If we go by 5th generation anime rules, a Pokemon trainer like Ash cannot have more than 6, while this seems largely not the case now, with Go and Bea being able to have more than 6 Pokemon on the team but sticking with 5th generation anime rules.

What constitutes as Ash's full team as it were (when more than 6 of Ash's Pokemon are on screen). Is it really what you have registered with your Pokedex, and perhaps its the Pokedex that's signaling to the Poke balls to lock them from being used (5th generation rules)?

So like it worked in the last of episode of 5th generation anime with Ash's entire Unova team (plus Charizard/Bulbasaur), because he had his "registered Pokemon" and because his other Unova Pokemon were not registered therefore they are allowed to roam out of their Poke ball.

But then what happens if Ash goes to Alola to his Alolan team under these 5th generation conditions? Because if the Pokedex determines the team you have, and you can't have more than six as it were, wouldn't they be tied to Rotom Dex? But then that would be weird because then Ash would have multiple Pokedex registries every different Pokedex he got so is the most recent Pokedex Ash gets tied to his "Trainer Stats" as it were which comes with registering and unregistering official Pokemon on his team.

So did Ash intentionally unregister his Alolan team before he left, or did by getting the Rotom Smartphone reset Ash's "Trainer stats" and thus only Pikachu was registered along with Ash's Pokemon 2019 captures.

Obviously it doesn't matter, but still a lot of questions unanswered. Unfortunately they may never will because they might just go with 8th generation rules.

But one thing that does confuse me with a mix of 5th generation and 7th generation concepts. In very specific formats, how does moves like "Volt Switch or U-turn" how does that work. Is it some kind of magical ability that Pokemon use that knows what allows them to switch.

Lenora was free to switch but she had roar...right? How did that work, did Herdier know it was a 2 on 2, and managed to get the right Pokemon Ash was going to choose for the battle. If it is a 2 vs 2, does Ash remove Poke balls from his belt or is there some way to deactivate them so they can't be used.

But Iris told Emolga not use Volt Switch in a tournament because she would be disqualified from the 1 vs 1, because Emolga would bring something out.

Then there's Guzma's Golisopod's Emergency Exit, which FORCED Scizor out, same with Korrina's Mienshao using U-turn, though that was intentional. In the games when the user forces themselves out they choose the Pokemon (including emergency exit), but if the user forces the opponent to switch out, generally its random.

So how does that mechanic work in the anime, are these moves/abilities somehow manipulating the Poke ball with some magical energy that "forces" another Pokemon, and how does it force the "right" Pokemon out, are the excess Pokemon not being used in Poke balls that are deactivated, so like you can have a full team for a 3 vs 3 to choose what you want, but you have to somehow deactivate the other (Poke balls) Pokemon you don't use to prevent an illegal switch in. But then why didn't that apply to Iris's Emolga, and how did Lenora's Lillipup/Herdier (which ever one it was) select the right Pokemon. I mean the latter makes sense if Ash disabled or didn't have other Pokemon. But why didn't that apply to Iris's Emolga in the Don Battle tournament.
Just ignore the ramblings of what I feel is inconsistent mechanics at play.

Why does the Alola team get special privileges as it were by being forced to stay in Alola because its Ash's second home, or what the Pokemon feel the most comfortable with but why wouldn't that apply to his Pokemon 2019 Pokemon.
Because they still work for Ultra Guardians.

esquilo09

By the looks of the preview Go indeed catches a Pikachu(a female to be specific), because Go was holding her and rubbing his face against her and she was happy to the point of shocking him out of affection, if she was still a wild one, she would become either angry or scared of being held.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.