• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They could also opt to give it Bulldoze if they want.
Only if they're willing to since I would assume they'd rather go with Mud Shot or Mud Bomb instead even if Bulldoze was consistently used in SM by Hapu's Mudsdale. They could opt for Earth Power too but they almost never show it for whatever reason and it looks preferably used by Nidoking like we recently saw in JN001 where a wild Nidoking showed off Earth Power for the first time since DP, tho in the end Mud Shot and Mud Bomb are more likely to be used out of versatility reasons since that's what this anime is about in terms of battling.

MegaSalamence05

So out of the group
Rowlet, Incineroar, Lycanroc or Melmetal will have new moves.

Melmetal I can easily see have Upgraded Flash Cannon to Steel Beam

Incineroar I can see get Cross Chop instead of Revenge

Rowlet I can see Leaf Storm being upgraded from Razor Leaf

Lycanroc has the perfect moveset. The only one that I don't see any changes occur.

Zariful

So out of the group

Lycanroc has the perfect moveset. The only one that I don't see any changes occur.
Hang on chief, Rowlet can’t learn Leaf Storm until it fully evolves. And Melmetal has only used two moves since it fully evolved, so maybe it should get some more before upgrading.

MegaSalamence05

You're right on about Rowlet. (Little surprised about that in all honesty)

With Melmetal yeah it has shown two moves since evolution but Steel Beam as a move for Melmetal just makes alot of sense. Its Bulky and it can be used alot like Raihan's Duraludon.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So out of the group

I’d give Melmetal and full moveset. Something like Ice Punch and Body Press

For Incineroar I’d change Fire Blast for Cross Chop to keep it like its Smash moveset (its 4th move is a custom move)

desdar300

I second that since a good amount of them are indeed basically or supposed to be parallels of Gen 1 mons. And the main reason why old pokemon were unavailable until postgame was due to Masuda wanting to bring back "newness and discovery" from the original RBG games at the time (BW2 brought back old mons in the regular storyline anyways tho). Some notable examples of the whole "parallel" thing are:
Woobat Line/Zubat Line
Trubbish Line/Muk Line
Roggenrola Line/Geodude Line
Patrat Line/Rattata Line
Sewaddle Line/Caterpie Line
Litwick Line/Gastly Line

An ironic thing about this is that Gen 5 was supposedly when they first considered doing the "Dexit" thing but scrapped it in the end. (unfortunately it came back and was implemented in Gen 8's Sword and Shield games out of the apparent and accepted rumor being that GF fked something up with transporting models and had to cut mons as a result)
Actually it was just a decision they made beforehand with Nintendo but yeah!
My reasoning was that maybe something like hydregon would really act as a foil to Dragonite since the two are pretty much Polar Opposites and the former is actually based off of a kaiju.
It would show Ash's skill as a trainer to tame one

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So out of the group

Melmetal still needs two more moves. I guess maybe Mega Punch and Thunder/Ice Punch to complete the set since it now has “fists”?
Incineroar is going to be harder to predict. It may replace a move in favor of Darkest Lariat. Lycanroc should maybe get rid of Bite for something else to say the least.
Actually it was just a decision they made beforehand with Nintendo but yeah!
My reasoning was that maybe something like hydregon would really act as a foil to Dragonite since the two are pretty much Polar Opposites and the former is actually based off of a kaiju.
It would show Ash's skill as a trainer to tame one
I’m down for it, Hydreigon is a favorite of mine and could give him another Dark type and could use more screentime and action (Can’t really say the same for another certain dragon pseudo tho unfortunately cause that one in particular needs it the most) and Ash did originally wanted and tried to catch a Deino. And coincidentally, it’s getting very long overdue for another Unova ep where it’s now almost been a year since our first Unova episode.

Last edited:

esquilo09

I second that since a good amount of them are indeed basically or supposed to be parallels of Gen 1 mons. And the main reason why old pokemon were unavailable until postgame was due to Masuda wanting to bring back "newness and discovery" from the original RBG games at the time (BW2 brought back old mons in the regular storyline anyways tho). Some notable examples of the whole "parallel" thing are:
Woobat Line/Zubat Line
Trubbish Line/Muk Line
Patrat Line/Rattata Line
Litwick Line/Gastly Line

An ironic thing about this is that Gen 5 was supposedly when they first considered doing the "Dexit" thing but scrapped it in the end. (unfortunately it came back and was implemented in Gen 8's Sword and Shield games out of the apparent and accepted rumor being that GF fked something up with transporting models and had to cut mons as a result)
Throh and Sawk are parallels to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.
Deino line/Dratini line
Solosis line/Abra line

Ibrahim Saidu

So out of the group

Personally I would say that:
Rowlet can get Shadow Sneak from Feather Dance
Incineroar could replace Flame Charge and Fire Fang for Darkest Lariat and Throat Chop
Melmetal could learn Thunder Punch and Gyro Ball or Heavy Slam

MartínK

I think Ash Incineroar new moves will be Darkest Lariat/Throat Chop, Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Cross Chop but i want Throat Chop, Darkest Lariat, Fire Blast, Cross Chopp.
Melmetal knows Double Iron Bash and Flash Cannon, maybe add Thunderpunch/Thunderbolt and Superpower.
And Rowlet Leaf Blade instead of Razor Leaf.

Zariful

I’m not sure if the Alolan Pokemon will have an opportunity to showcase new moves yet. He might in a future trip though. (Side note I discovered you can limit the viewing of posts from users you don’t want to see should anyone wanna use it)

tsunamimijumaru

Rowlet: Seed Bomb, Bravebird, Leaf blade, Shadow Sneak

Lycanroc: Accelarock, Stone Edge, Counter/Drill Run, Bite/Crunch

Incineroar: Fire Fang/Flame Charge, Fire Blast, Darkest Lariat, Revenge/Cross Chop

Melmetal: Flash Cannon, Double Iron Bash, Thunder Punch, High Horsepower/Superpower

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, all things considered, I would like to see Ash taking his Alola's Team with him to train and maybe quickly win battles to compensate his embarrassing defeats in the last episode, where he returned to the Normal Class. (Gosh, I hope this won't last much!).

Anyway, about the changes I would like to see in his Alola's team:

1º) Lycanroc:
+ Accelerock: Stay, as Dusk Form learns the moves of Midday and Midnight Forms.
+ Counter: Stay, as Dusk Form learns the moves of Midday and Midnight Forms.
+ Stone Hedge: Stay, as he needs it to use his Z-Move "Splintered Stormshards".
+ Fire Fang: Replacing Bite, and a potential consequence of him training with Incineroar.

2º) Incineroar:
>> We need him to see him battle after it collapsed after his evolution.
+ Fire Blast: Stay.
+ Darkest Lariat: Replaces Flame Charge, as it's the signature move of Incineroar. It could have learned it from Kukui's Incineroar.
+ Cross Chop: Replacing Cross Chop, possibly learned from Kukui's Incineroar.
+ Flamethrower: Replacing Fire Fang, as Flamethrower is very much better.

3º) Melmetal:
+ Double Iron Bash: Stays, as it's his signature move.
+ Flash Cannon: Stays, because the Steel Beam has the consequence of hurting the user.
+ Thunder Punch: Replaces Thunder Shock (from when it was Meltan). Good electric move which can be increased by "Iron Fist" too.
+ Superpower: With its size, weight and strength, a Fighting move would suit perfectly.

4º) Rowlet:
>> I would personally like him to lose the Everstone, as considering how he liked to wear a cape imitating Decidueye, it has to means he would like to evolve too. Not tomention that, as Decidueye, it could give Ash his second Ghost type officially.
+ Razor Leaf: Stays.
+ Seed Bomb: Stays, but I would like the Everstone be removed.
+ Brave Bird: Stays.
+ Shadow Sneak: Replacing Feather Dance, and learning a Ghost Move could be a sign of Rowlet being in the way to finally evolving.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Woobat Line/Zubat Line
Trubbish Line/Muk Line
Patrat Line/Rattata Line
Litwick Line/Gastly Line

To be fair, some of those they do every generation like the Caterpie bugs (Beautifly, Vivilion), though yeah Gen 5 had a few more then usual.

That said, thank Arceus they didn't do Dexit in Gen 5. It already gets hate for blocking all older Pokemon from the main story, doing that and cutting the older Pokemon would've had the fanbase go ballistic.

Throh and Sawk are parallels to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.
Deino line/Dratini line
Solosis line/Abra line

I wouldn't count Solosis, it doesn't have much in common with Abra outside of being Psychic. Deino's also just another psuedo-legendary, so it's more like the Caterpie bugs then a parallel.

My prediction for Alola episode:
Raboot's Ember ineffective against Turtonator, it evolve into Cinderace and use Pyro Ball which hurt Turtonator but Kiawe fight back with Z-Move and win the battle.

My prediction for Fossil episode:
Ash fight Aerodactyl using Pikachu, in the process, Aerodactyl grab Pikachu. Ash then get an idea of how to use Riolu against Grapploct by using the same tactic he use Pikachu against Aerodactyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.