• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I’d give Melmetal and full moveset. Something like Ice Punch and Body Press

For Incineroar I’d change Fire Blast for Cross Chop to keep it like its Smash moveset (its 4th move is a custom move)

I highly doubt they'd get rid of Incineroar's Fire Fang and Fire Blast because those are the moves Stoutland's taught him.

I think it's more the other two slots being replaced by Darkest Lariat and a random move.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder about Melmetal...

It's a mythical and even the show made it so it's a super rare, elusive Pokémon. While I do understand Ash wanting it to stay in Alola, it's kind of weird he is a research fellow yet doesn't talk about such new pokémon to Cerize.

ShadowForce720

I highly doubt they'd get rid of Incineroar's Fire Fang and Fire Blast because those are the moves Stoutland's taught him.

I think it's more the other two slots being replaced by Darkest Lariat and a random move.

Actually I think it’s pretty likely that Ash’s Incineroar would replace Fire Fang, because while it initially had significant of being the last move Stoutland taught it before Stoutland died, but that role has pretty much been taken over by Fire Blast.

Plus if you look at it Fire Fang was the only move that was treated more as a liability in the fight against Kukui’s Incineroar in the exhibition match where every time Ash’s Torracat tried to use it against Incineroar during the match it kept on backing firing and resulting in it getting caught.

So basically at this point Fire Fang doesn’t have really any importance to Ash’s Incineroar now and is more of a liability, where as it’s other 3 moves were actually instrumental in helping it beat Kukui’s Incineroar.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Idk the other two moves (Revenge and Flame Charge) are both symbolic for its ongoing rivalry with Kukui's Incineroar which was pretty much second role model. I'd remove one of each just to be fair.

Fire Fang (Homage to Stoutland. Ash also helped it perfect this move in the Palossand episode)
Revenge (Homage to his ongoing rivalry with Kukui)
Darkest Lariat (signature move)
Cross Chop (personal bias for the above reason) or one of either Fire Blast or Flame Charge

But I can see your reasoning. I just like how Fire Fang was portrayed on the Incineroar from ICY and thought Fire Blast was redundant

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lycanroc should change Bite to Drill Run.

Idk the other two moves (Revenge and Flame Charge) are both symbolic for its ongoing rivalry with Kukui's Incineroar which was pretty much second role model. I'd remove one of each just to be fair.

Fire Fang (Homage to Stoutland. Ash also helped it perfect this move in the Palossand episode)
Revenge (Homage to his ongoing rivalry with Kukui)
Darkest Lariat (signature move)
Cross Chop (personal bias for the above reason) or one of either Fire Blast or Flame Charge

But I can see your reasoning. I just like how Fire Fang was portrayed on the Incineroar from ICY and thought Fire Blast was redundant

When you give a fire/dark-type two Fighting-type moves and call a second, special-based, one of the strongest Fire-type moves redundant.

In all honesty, Revenge can go because the rivalry was clearly settled.
- Fire Fang: Physical STAB.
- Fire Blast: Special STAB.
- Darkest Lariat: STAB Signature.
- Cross Chop: Redundant coverage. You can hit Rock-types perfectly fine with Darkest Lariat and Ash has Lucario/Sirfetch'd for that if it becomes an issue.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
When you give a fire/dark-type two Fighting-type moves and call a second, special-based, one of the strongest Fire-type moves redundant.

In all honesty, Revenge can go because the rivalry was clearly settled.
- Fire Fang: Physical STAB.
- Fire Blast: Special STAB.
- Darkest Lariat: STAB Signature.
- Cross Chop: Redundant coverage. You can hit Rock-types perfectly fine with Darkest Lariat and Ash has Lucario/Sirfetch'd for that if it becomes an issue.
Considering he has Flame Charge, Fire Blast, and Fire Fang, yes, it is redundant.

Being physical or special never mattered in the anime and coverage rarely matters. I still stand by the notion that both Fire Fang/Blast are redundant. Having no reference to the basically the only Pokémon it battled and the reason behind both of its evolutions is weird. Don't see why he shouldn't have CC because of those 2 when he's always had coverage on a mon that another Pokémon's STAB covered (Greninja's Aerial Ace on a team with 3 Flying Types and Dig on Infernape on a team with 3 Ground Types.)

MagicKarpInSpace

My prediction for Alola episode:
Raboot's Ember ineffective against Turtonator, it evolve into Cinderace and use Pyro Ball which hurt Turtonator but Kiawe fight back with Z-Move and win the battle
Maybe a possibility that raboot evolves and uses the inferno overdrive as a pyro ball and trashes turtonator.

nickdt

Maybe a possibility that raboot evolves and uses the inferno overdrive as a pyro ball and trashes turtonator.

Problem is that Raboot/Cinderace defeating Turtonator instantly devalues Ash's Alola League win, his team, the participants and their teams and professor Kukui's team. Raboot/Cinderace cannot realistically defeat Turtonator (Who is Kiawe's strongest mon) and Charizard (His second strongest). Only Alolan Marowak is believable because it isn't on the same power level as the other 2.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Dont think so. He decided to leave his Alolan team with Kukui the first time instead of bringing them back to Kanto. If he needs an Alolan Pokemon Kukui could transfer it and send it back
I wouldn't say it's unlikely. They pulled out Charizard from the Charific Valley back to Oak's Lab and Squirtle and his squad are back in Oak's Lab.

Zariful

Lycanroc set a precedent that a move that it worked hard on with its trainer like Rock Throw. Although that was kind of confusing because we saw Lycanroc use Rock Throw episodes after it learned Counter, and we only saw it use counter two more times after that. So Fire Fang could very well get replaced. Though personally I think Incineroar using Fire Fang and Fire Blast from its belt would look cool

Ibrahim Saidu

Any chance Ash decides to transfer all his Alola Pokemon to Oak's or Sakuragi's lab?
I believe it will be possible for Ash to transfer all his Alola Pokemon to Oak's Lab. Probably the writers made Ash to leave his Alola moms with Kukui so that his Alola Pokemon like Incineroar and Melmetal can get more screen time in the new series especially in battling

Status
Not open for further replies.