• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Wasn't that the Pokemon World Tournament that is won by Lance?

It’s possible that Lance was the previous Workd Champion before Leon, however there fight was in the finals of the Master 8 Tournament that happens at the end of each season.

Basically how the Master 8 and progressing through it works differently then progression my through the other classes.

In the end of the season Tournament is used to progress through the Master 8. As for the Exhibition matches those seem to be just matches for fun to hype the audience up by showing off the World Champion and the other members of the Master 8 and further motivate trainers to strive to become World Champion.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why are people so fixated on Ash catching even more Pokemon? In XY, arguably considered the golden child of the anime by fans, by episode 35 he only just caught his third Kalos Pokemon and then he only caught Goomy, his fourth, in episode 55.

Yet here he already has four Pokemon and still people are clamouring for him to catch even more. I assume it's possible he'll catch more after the Bea arc, but clearly, that's what he's focusing on right now, not adding team members.

People lost their minds and were speculating everything up to 30 captures for Ash. Lists that went on and on. Full teams from every region, fan favorites that Ash absolutely HAD to catch, since that was obviously the schtick of this series.

There was always bound to be slow burn eventually. Though honestly considering Farfetch’d doesn’t do anything and Dragonite/Gengar are apparently not allowed to develop cause they’re fully evolved(I still oppose that notion). And I’m not convinced Lucario is gonna take a backseat upon evolution.

Oppose it all you want, Gengar is treading into Flopitoad-land.

As for Lucario, it all depends on Grookey. If Ash doesn't get Grookey, then Lucario is Ash's Sceptile/Infernape/Greninja for this series. If Ash does get Grookey, then it might step aside a bit. The dynamic would be more like Lycanroc/Incineroar, where Lycanroc and Lucario were the obvious aces, but Incineroar and Rillaboom would be the fully evolved starters.

ShadowForce720

People lost their minds and were speculating everything up to 30 captures for Ash. Lists that went on and on. Full teams from every region, fan favorites that Ash absolutely HAD to catch, since that was obviously the schtick of this series.

As for Lucario, it all depends on Grookey. If Ash doesn't get Grookey, then Lucario is Ash's Sceptile/Infernape/Greninja for this series. If Ash does get Grookey, then it might step aside a bit. The dynamic would be more like Lycanroc/Incineroar, where Lycanroc and Lucario were the obvious aces, but Incineroar and Rillaboom would be the fully evolved starters.

Where only 37 episodes in an Gengar has only been in two battles, honestly at this point the term flop is being way to over used considering some people are trying to call a Pokémon a flop based entirely on one single battle.

Look I could understand if we were towards the end of the series and Gengar has lost a vast majority of it battles without getting a lot of wins then I could understand calling it a flop.

But calling it a flop or saying it’s headed in that direction just because it lost one battle without any wins is completely ridiculous no matter how you try to argue it, especially when were only 37 episodes in and there is still plenty of time for it to get more battles.

dman_dustin

Why are people so fixated on Ash catching even more Pokemon? In XY, arguably considered the golden child of the anime by fans, by episode 35 he only just caught his third Kalos Pokemon and then he only caught Goomy, his fourth, in episode 55.

In SM he caught three Pokemon within the first 21 episodes, but his fourth capture was in episode 67!

Yet here he already has four Pokemon and still people are clamouring for him to catch even more. I assume it's possible he'll catch more after the Bea arc, but clearly, that's what he's focusing on right now, not adding team members.

Maybe because Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario and especially Sirfetch'd is the most disappointing team composition if this is all there is, Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd in particular was not necessary but here we are.

This would be acceptable if this was a long filler arc waiting for the next generation, not airing alongside the current generation.

That's why Ash needs more Pokemon, to properly give the feel that this is a world tour series, along with decent 8th generation representation.

Having it be just about Go, is completely unfair to Ash. It's already unfair Ash won't get 5 galar Pokemon as he normally would but depriving him of options is not right path.

Which is why I want Ash to catch a Pokemon from each generation and a couple from Galar.

1st Generation- Dragonite/Gengar

2nd Generation- Tyranitar

3rd Generation - Shiny Gardevoir because I can't get the Pokemon I want here for 3rd gen representation

4th Gen- Lucario

5th gen - Chandelure......Beartic wouldn't be a bad substitute since Ash can't get Golurk.

6th gen- Well nothing since I can't get what I want and because 6th generation introduced the least amount of Pokemon Holy hell there's no variety in Kalos.

7th Generation- Golisopod at least this would make up for not having Inteleon, a little bit.

8th generation- Sirfetch'd......Just give me Grimmsnarl, it won't because As he would hypothetically get Tyranitar/Gardevoir but I don't care here.

Or if not bring Quilava, Snivy, and Gible and fully evolve them.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Grookey is definitely the deciding factor on allot of things, because Grookey is more likely to be a constant companion like Sobble which even Riolu is not currently.

The show seems to avoid having both Sobble and Riolu receive focus in the same episodes (36 is the exception), while Pikachu and Raboot remain constant.

Things may change when Raboot and Riolu evolve (I expect Cinderace to continue as a walking pokemon).

Kein

AKA Silktree
What's with the obsession with lots of reserves? Ash already has dozens he hasn't used in ages. I wouldn't bet on more than a fraction battling again (the Kanto starters being the likeliest since they're actually promoted), but some of you just want as many new toys as possible and not even Galar Pokemon at that.

Master Pikachu 11

Oh cry me a bloody river, Gengar did bad in one battle, so that Dragonite can shine and show how strong it is on Ash’s team just because it flopped against Korrina does not mean that it won’t bounce back the next time it battles. All of you act like the series is going to end next year. We have not come anywhere near half way with the series and even more Pokémon still need to be showcased. To act like Gengar is going to be the next Palpitoad when Ash hasn’t even reached the Masters of 8 class yet is beyond ridiculous and absurd. Wait till the end of the series before making these types of comparisons because there are still plenty of time for Gengar to do better in other battles.
I do get that, but he's already catching more Pokemon faster than the average series, we're only 37 episodes in. I'm not against rotation, but I really wouldn't want Ash to catch something every few episodes and end up with a bunch of Pokemon he'll barely ever use.
Well that is understandable and if the writers had more then 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 battles then those other Pokémon could be used. But I get why people don’t want Ash to catch a lot of Pokémon but at the same time having one person that does most of the catching gets boring after a while and with this being a world tour where Ash is going back to the same regions that he has already visited, it makes sense to give him some Pokémon that others wanted him to catch and didn’t get to because the writers had other priorities. It would be a waste if all that Ash had on his team were three Kanto Pokémon, a Sinnoh mon, and Galar regional variant of a Kanto Pokémon along a reserve Kanto mon that was asked to help look after him. So it’s understandable why people would want to see Ash catch more from other regions.

Zariful

Okay in Palpitoad’s defense, he won his first three fights, then lost twice and then tied. Palpitoad was also only used for battles. I hardly call that a flop. Noivern only got one victory, a tie and two losses. Gengar is just beginning. 1-2 isn’t bad right now. Talonflame was on the losing end at the start of their run. After it beat Surskit, it suffered three consecutive losses until it finally started pushing back and equalizing. Fortunately for Gengar it has an entire series to keep developing.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
1º) About the Fossil Pokemon's episode:

Well, if Goh founds the Old Amber, it's obvious that he will get the Aerodactyl. However, I have to say that, judging by the Pokemon seen in the current Ending, Aerodactyl might not be the only one to be restored and captured. In the ending, we also have Carracosta, Lileep and Omastar. One of them might be for Koharu (Lileep) and Ash should REALLY get one too. Carracosta is a possibility, as Ash likes turtles (Squirtle, Torterra, Torkoal). But all things considered, I really prefer Ash get a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum instead.

2º) About Alola's episode:

I'm quite sure Goh will capture several Alola Pokemon in this episode, like the Pyukumuku that punches Raboot. But if we talk about the Aolan Exeggutor, I really REALLY hope Ash is the one who captured it. (Mainly because of the one he befriended in Alola's Treasure Island).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The only part of the ending that's been relevant is the small dance scene at the end, so I wouldn't expect the other parts to mean much.

Zariful

1º) About the Fossil Pokemon's episode:

Well, if Goh founds the Old Amber, it's obvious that he will get the Aerodactyl. However, I have to say that, judging by the Pokemon seen in the current Ending, Aerodactyl might not be the only one to be restored and captured. In the ending, we also have Carracosta, Lileep and Omastar. One of them might be for Koharu (Lileep) and Ash should REALLY get one too. Carracosta is a possibility, as Ash likes turtles (Squirtle, Torterra, Torkoal). But all things considered, I really prefer Ash get a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum instead.

2º) About Alola's episode:

I'm quite sure Goh will capture several Alola Pokemon in this episode, like the Pyukumuku that punches Raboot. But if we talk about the Aolan Exeggutor, I really REALLY hope Ash is the one who captured it. (Mainly because of the one he befriended in Alola's Treasure Island).

The ending isn’t really indicative of anything, so I wouldn’t hedge my bets on that. It seems like Go is the one who wants the Alolan Tree

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
The ending isn’t really indicative of anything, so I wouldn’t hedge my bets on that. It seems like Go is the one who wants the Alolan Tree

The Ending DOES have spoilers hidden. It revealed the Pokemon gottten by Ash (Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu/Lucario) and several other surprises, like Pokemon captured by Goh. I wouldn't low the guard.

ShadowForce720

You know I’m starting to wonder if they are planning to have Ash and Go have almost all of the regional variants and their counterparts between them.

It’s possible that Lance was the previous Workd Champion before Leon, however there fight was in the finals of the Master 8 Tournament that happens at the end of each season.

Basically how the Master 8 and progressing through it works differently then progression my through the other classes.

In the end of the season Tournament is used to progress through the Master 8. As for the Exhibition matches those seem to be just matches for fun to hype the audience up by showing off the World Champion and the other members of the Master 8 and further motivate trainers to strive to become World Champion.
I just rewatch that part, the commentator introduce Lance as Kanto Elite 4, winner of its Elite 4 Cup and winner of Pokemon World Tournament (not the PWC/World Coronation Series but the BW tournament in Hodomoe/Driftveil city).

And yes, the master 8 of PWC have fight each others resulting in finals between Lance vs Leon.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
You know I’m starting to wonder if they are planning to have Ash and Go have almost all of the regional variants and their counterparts between them.

Very possibly.

But as it wreak havoc, it is safe to say that Aerodactyl resist his capture attempt.

Will Goh manage to tame it?

Aerodactyl for Koharu :p

As a rookie, Goh really doesn't deserve them; but he already has several "heavy hitters" who could tame Aerodactyl, like Golurk and Flygon.

Very possibly.

As a rookie, Goh really doesn't deserve them; but he already has several "heavy hitters" who could tame Aerodactyl, like Golurk and Flygon.
I am not sure if the like of Flygon or Dragonite will follow them to the museum... Golurk definitely stay in lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.