• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That would be a bummer. There's no point in him having a 2nd pure Electric type especially when his main Pokemon is also pure Electric with recurring jealousy issues.
He was being sarcastic.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Just realized something

According to dataminers, the Hoenn starters are the only starters to return in the DLC, and the Marshtomp episode airs one week before Crown Tundra is released. So, if Satoshi does get it, there's one potential reason.

unless Serebii is wrong I don't see the hoenn starters on the list of returnees, so why are they not there?

Jeal

That's splitting hairs: if it was given to the family as a gift by Sakuragi-hakase's friend, then it obviously belongs to them and they wouldn't just give it to someone else like Satoshi. That isn't comparable to the Iwanko situation for example since Kukui-hakase never had a claim on Iwanko to begin with, whereas clearly Koharu's family has a claim on Wanpachi. Claiming that Wanpachi is wild just because we haven't seen whether it has a corresponding Monster Ball or not is a derisory detail.
This doesn't matter. If it hasn't a pokéball, so it's wild. If Go throws a pokéball on it, it will be captured. If he throws on Ash's Pikachu, it won't. That's the difference between the two. That's the definition of a wild pokémon. If someone throws a pokéball on it, and capture it, the Sakuragi family will not able to do anything. So, they hasn't a claim on anything.

dman_dustin

unless Serebii is wrong I don't see the hoenn starters on the list of returnees, so why are they not there?

I thought Serebii only posted confirmed stuff not datamine stuff.

In other words did the Pokemon company reveal all the Pokemon returning and they weren't listed?

Or is this list only apply to specific things, like trailers, Pokemon information on official websites, interviews.

Rohanator

Yeah I'm discussing leaks here, Serebii doesn't cover those. So you guys should probably delete or add spoiler tags too.

Also I think the only reason Yamper appears without Koharu on some promo stuff or even scenes in the opening is that it's more marketable than her lol. I doubt they'll have her give it away when they've dedicated two episodes to showing how much it specifically cares about her over anyone else to the point that it doesn't eat food given by anyone else and gets jealous super easily. But throwing it into random group shots in other promo stuff is a different story.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I thought Serebii only posted confirmed stuff not datamine stuff.

In other words did the Pokemon company reveal all the Pokemon returning and they weren't listed?

Or is this list only apply to specific things, like trailers, Pokemon information on official websites, interviews.

There is a list of them out on the web, I saw it in a youtuber's video, and 37 Hoenn Pokemon are returning which is more than the number of returning Kanto and Johto Pokemon combined (31).

This begs the question, why are the Hoenn starters coming back and not say ... the Unova starters or the Kalos starters?

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
This doesn't matter. If it hasn't a pokéball, so it's wild. If Go throws a pokéball on it, it will be captured. If he throws on Ash's Pikachu, it won't. That's the difference between the two. That's the definition of a wild pokémon. If someone throws a pokéball on it, and capture it, the Sakuragi family will not able to do anything. So, they hasn't a claim on anything.
What if it has a pokeball, but they never showed it?
Also, if someone that is not Koharu throw a pokeball on Yamper and catches it, Yamper will not be okay with it and will zap said person with spark and flee from it. It doesn't matter if it doesn't have a pokeball, Yamper belongs to the Sakuragi family.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There is a list of them out on the web, I saw it in a youtuber's video, and 37 Hoenn Pokemon are returning which is more than the number of returning Kanto and Johto Pokemon combined (31).

This begs the question, why are the Hoenn starters coming back and not say ... the Unova starters or the Kalos starters?

GenV remakes incoming.

Kidding, but what if GenIV remakes come out.. and it also gets DLC, but with the first focussing on Unova and the second on Kalos?

dman_dustin

Yeah I'm discussing leaks here, Serebii doesn't cover those. So you guys should probably delete or add spoiler tags too.

Also I think the only reason Yamper appears without Koharu on some promo stuff or even scenes in the opening is that it's more marketable than her lol. I doubt they'll have her give it away when they've dedicated two episodes to showing how much it specifically cares about her over anyone else to the point that it doesn't eat food given by anyone else and gets jealous super easily. But throwing it into random group shots in other promo stuff is a different story.

Are returning Pokemon really a spoiler? I mean all it is the transference from Pokemon home at this point which wasn't possible before.

I'm genuinely curious what about it qualifies as a spoiler that necessitates spoiler tags. Since Pokemon should've been in the games to begin with.

Jeal

What if it has a pokeball, but they never showed it?
Also, if someone that is not Koharu throw a pokeball on Yamper and catches it, Yamper will not be okay with it and will zap said person with spark and flee from it. It doesn't matter if it doesn't have a pokeball, Yamper belongs to the Sakuragi family.
It getting angry will not change the fact that it was caught, which means it was wild.

Lacuna

Goodnight
I agree with @Kawaii Emolga on this one, I always just assumed Yamper had a Poke Ball but was always shown outside of it as it's not an important detail. Even if it doesn't, it's not like Pokemon are incapable of breaking free of a Poke Ball if they don't want to be captured. TR's Meowth is technically wild too, but he's broken out of a Ball several times.

I have absolutely no idea why this is even being argued about to begin with honestly, lol. I don't think Yamper is going anywhere any time soon, so it wouldn't really matter either way. It's like saying your dog doesn't belong to you because it's not wearing a collar.

dman_dustin

People we don't know Yamper's status, why are people acting like its confirmed.

Pretty sure everything we were told about this implies heavily that it is Koharu's and it has a Poke ball.

Did the Pidove episode say it was a wild Pokemon or something because I don't remember that implication or it being stated as such.

Or was it stated in the Aerodactyl episode, I don't why Yamper wasn't allowed to go with them.

nickdt

Pretty sure everything we were told about this implies heavily that it is Koharu's and it has a Poke ball.

The only thing that is confirmed is that Sakuragi got it as a gift from a friend in Kalos (Professor Magnolia most likely) and that its the house dog, which implies Sakuragi owns it more than Koharu does, but if Yamper decides it wants to travel/be caught by Koharu, Sakuragi is not gonna refuse.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The only thing that is confirmed is that Sakuragi got it as a gift from a friend in Kalos (Professor Magnolia most likely) and that its the house dog, which implies Sakuragi owns it more than Koharu does, but if Yamper decides it wants to travel/be caught by Koharu, Sakuragi is not gonna refuse.
you mean to put Galar instead of Kalos?

Master Pikachu 11

That may not even be Koharu's Yamper.

Plus Yamper technically doesn't belong to Koharu either
Yamper is still Chloe’s Pokémon since it belongs to the family if anything it belongs to Cerise since he received it as a gift and Yamper is more close with Chloe then the rest of the family since it only listens to Chloe’s commands when in battle. Anyway in regards to Goh getting Yamper himself I suppose it could work but I expect it to evolve, but then again it doesn’t explain why Yamper shows up with Ash’s team in the opening if it was going to Goh.

Status
Not open for further replies.