• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
There is no rule that says that writers can’t have Ash catch a feminine Pokémon especially when Pokémon like Gardevoir is very popular and marketable Pokémon with both girls and boys.

Gardevoir is a pokemon i still want Ash to capture, since it would put a definitive end regarding Ash's ownership of psychic and fairy, since Mr.Mime will be debated forever, and i like it better than the galar psychic fairy pokemon.

kind of wanted Diantha to give him a ralts egg, but we already had one with Riolu so it would be redundant at this point.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah I'm not feeling the World Coronation series thing anymore. I wish Ash was just collecting gym badges the old fashion way instead. :(
I do see the appeal of the current series but I prefer the Gym format since you got to see the new characters and Pokémon as well as a consistent sense of progression. Would’ve taken a Galar saga over what we have now

Leonhart

Imagineer
If I had to choose between Sirnight and something like Absol out of the Gen III options, I'd choose Absol if only because I think Absol could use more exposure than Sirnight.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I miss gym battles. Yeah it was repetitive but at least we could get excited for something.

except that gym battles were just as hit and miss with the fandom regardless.

you would always have someone complaining over how the battle was handled and "oh this pokemon should've taken this many wins! and this other pokemon should've lost!" etc.

the only truth is this anime will not satisfy everyone, right now I am personally satisfied because they've been breaking trends with this series, and if someone like Bea can jump up ranks fast, I don't see why Ash can't considering his skill level at this point.

what was wrong with gym battles? It was good to develop the characters from the games, it gave you something to look forward and a sense of escalation, it helped to develop Ash and his Pokemon and it also was good to show the new Pokemon of a gen in battle

If you would prefer, I can point out some examples of complaints.

Like let's look at Kalos which was the last time Ash was in a gym circuit.

People complained that Fletchling was denied a kill in the rematch Ash had with Viola since it scored a win the first time where as Pikachu faltered, and let's not forget the whole "Pikachu's battled on icy terrain before, why is it now a problem!?"

then there was grant where people complained about Ash using more than 2 pokemon, even though that was Grant's choice of rules, it made Ash look dishonerable in the eyes of said complainers.

I can even further back too, heck remember how many people complained about the fact that Ash went to fight Roxie instead of Drayden? had a 6 vs 3 battle with her and still barely won?

Don't even get me started on sinnoh and how many gyms Chimchar/Infernape got two kills which also annoyed people.

then we go back even further to hoenn and "their using Thunder as Armor!"

there was always some form of complaint, and it's no different now.

Would’ve taken a Galar saga over what we have now

I wouldn't, because then it would mean Ash would be restricted to only new regional pokemon like always which gets kind of boring after doing it 5 times, I like seeing him finally using older pokemon in a new setting because it allows more personal growth of his character than "resetting" him again.

the one reason why i personally like this saga is because they've broken so many trends and molds and continue to do so makes it intriguing compared to what they normally do with regions

Leonhart

Imagineer
I admit that Gym battles got sort of repetitive and predictable at one point, but I personally would've rather seen Satoshi challenge the Galar Gyms in this series if only because that would've given this series more structure than the World Championship setup, which isn't meeting its true potential yet.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Let’s be fair, the complaints about the PWC would’ve still happened in a Galar exclusive saga, just worded differently etc. And at this point, it’d just feel regressive for Ash to challenge gyms again. He’s won a league even if that league was lame af and is now that region’s regional champion like the original games. How are you supposed to go from there without “regressing” like with DP to BW.

Ignition

I wouldn't, because then it would mean Ash would be restricted to only new regional pokemon like always which gets kind of boring after doing it 5 times, I like seeing him finally using older pokemon in a new setting because it allows more personal growth of his character than "resetting" him again.

the one reason why i personally like this saga is because they've broken so many trends and molds and continue to do so makes it intriguing compared to what they normally do with regions
I’ve heard your thing about liking broken trends countless times and I still don’t get it. I like when it’s just the new Pokémon being featured instead of the same popular Pokémon. To me there’s nothing interesting about him using Pokémon multiple Trainers have showcased. I’m more so watching for the Pokémon than the human characters so while I like Ash as a character, my priority is the Pokémon over anything else. This season has its moments but it’s mostly wasted potential IMO

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I’ve heard your thing about liking broken trends countless times and I still don’t get it. I like when it’s just the new Pokémon being featured instead of the same popular Pokémon. To me there’s nothing interesting about him using Pokémon multiple Trainers have showcased.

Look if we got a new lead it wouldn't be a problem, but they won't let Ash go for some reason. While in some ways it does make the anime unique compared to other animes of the monster genre, it also is boring because Ash is forced to reset his skill level each new gen to handle new pokemon, this generaiton he's getting pokemon that actually reflect what his skill would be if they didn't reset him, coming off a league win at that.

Sure the pokemon he's gotten so far have indeed been used by other trainers, but I don't care or mind. Like for example Leon and Alain's Charizard's bore me, but Ash's I enjoy, seeing Ash use them finally is interesting to me even if in your view he should've used them in the past.

I’m more so watching for the Pokémon than the human characters so while I like Ash as a character, my priority is the Pokémon over anything else. This season has its moments but it’s mostly wasted potential IMO

Humans matter just as much in the grand scheme, this ain't Mystery Dungeon after all.

Seriously though if they would bring in new leads it wouldn't be an issue, but if we're going to have to watch the same guy then I want him to succeed and have pokemon that truly reflect his skill as the trainer he's become, instead of being reset and forced to use fresh noobs.

MegaSalamence05

Gardevoir is a pokemon i still want Ash to capture, since it would put a definitive end regarding Ash's ownership of psychic and fairy, since Mr.Mime will be debated forever, and i like it better than the galar psychic fairy pokemon.

kind of wanted Diantha to give him a ralts egg, but we already had one with Riolu so it would be redundant at this point.

On that token why not a Shiny Ralts that stumbled on her set one day. She gives it to Ash as they know each other, instead of the egg story, make it a shiny story

STICKTOPIA

I want Ash to capture Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Delphox, Primarina, Gardevoir, Lopunny, Sylveon, Glaceon, Espeon, Nidoqueen, Kangaskan, Chansey, Gothelle, Jynx, Bruxish, Tsareena, Lurantis, Latias, Moletta, Diancie and Evolve his Bayleef and Snivy :p
I am definitely with you on the evolving snivy part

Ignition

Look if we got a new lead it wouldn't be a problem, but they won't let Ash go for some reason. While in some ways it does make the anime unique compared to other animes of the monster genre, it also is boring because Ash is forced to reset his skill level each new gen to handle new pokemon, this generaiton he's getting pokemon that actually reflect what his skill would be if they didn't reset him, coming off a league win at that.

Sure the pokemon he's gotten so far have indeed been used by other trainers, but I don't care or mind. Like for example Leon and Alain's Charizard's bore me, but Ash's I enjoy, seeing Ash use them finally is interesting to me even if in your view he should've used them in the past.

Humans matter just as much in the grand scheme, this ain't Mystery Dungeon after all.

Seriously though if they would bring in new leads it wouldn't be an issue, but if we're going to have to watch the same guy then I want him to succeed and have pokemon that truly reflect his skill as the trainer he's become, instead of being reset and forced to use fresh noobs.
A new lead would not change any of my criticisms. I don’t mind Ash being the star but the criticisms aren’t tied to him being the MC.

It doesn’t matter what has significance since it’s a subjective matter: I never implied the humans don’t matter; I’m just saying the namesake of the franchise is why I watch the show and the characterization of its main (human) character is second to showcasing them. I’m more concerned with him showcasing the new Pokémon than if he becomes the World Champion. Being reset never bothered me.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
A new lead would not change any of my criticisms. I don’t mind Ash being the star but the criticisms aren’t tied to him being the MC.

Well to me Ash is a problem and always will be until he either leaves or is relegated to a side role like Brock, but you wanted me to explain my opinion so I did.

It doesn’t matter what has significance since it’s a subjective matter: I never implied the humans don’t matter; I’m just saying the namesake of the franchise is why I watch the show and the characterization of its main (human) character is second to showcasing them. I’m more concerned with him showcasing the new Pokémon than if he becomes the World Champion. Being reset never bothered me.

Another problem though is the fact that the writers tend to have a "core" set up when it comes to teams, with more times than not (since i know they've not always done it) at least a mixture of one starter, an early bird, then grass, fire and water, it might be a solid set up type wise, but not everyone likes to play that way and it's another reason why I get bored, because they don't branch out and let Ash use other elements, often sticking to those core types as the major basis for Ash's team and then there's Pikachu of course, practically barring Ash from using any other electric pokemon, until now where we've had enough patterns broken to where the possibility is there.

At the end of the day though all opinions are subjective, and we can't change what the show is doing or has done, if you don't like it that's fine, that's your opinion and I respect it, but I would like in turn it if you respected mine in that I like the show currently, despite it's flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.