• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Dawn didn't have Umbreon. She had Quilava

So far, the returning companion had a Pokémon from the region she went to (May presented Glaceon during the Wallace Cup, while Dawn returned with Umbreon after her trip to Johto), so if they keep this tradition, Iris should return with Johto with the Pokémon. The only creatures with this type in the 2nd generation region are only Ampharos (after Mega Evolution) and Kingdra
Dawn did not return with a new Pokemon. She had already caught Quilava.

But if she is going to catch pokemon from Johto, there are 2 2nd generation dragon pokemon. Kingdra and Ampharos.

The mega evolution of Ampharos is dragon type. Not Ampharos. They can give iris the mega evolution with Mega Ampharos.

DuskAstral

The mega evolution of Ampharos is dragon type. Not Ampharos. They can give iris the mega evolution with Mega Ampharos.
I recommend reading more carefully. After all, I wrote that Ampharos has a dragon type after Mega Evolution.
I think that Iris presenting the Mega Ampharos would be a perfect solution, as none of the more important people presented it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I've thrown the dad idea around more as guesswork based on their marketing tatics. I mean, see how there were headlines when AU!Ash mentioned his dad despite it ending up being completly unimportant and very casual. Don't believe it's happening but I don't completly rule it out because of the things the show's pulled recently.

Another possibility is maybe an episode awknowledging his alola league win? Maybe he fights Bea on Alola as a Champion title defense? Just throwing ideas around for the sake of speculation.

And I dunno, I think the episode airing that day may be something special or at least hyped as such since it's precisaly the anniversary of when episode 1 aired. Too convenient for the marketing team let it slip even if I wouldn't doubt about it happening. I can see the day having a Pokenchi special kind of like what they did for the "1000th episode" back in the SM days.

As long as it as good as that SM episode with Ash and Pikachu spending quality time in that island, I'm game.

nickdt

Dawn did not return with a new Pokemon. She had already caught Quilava.

But if she is going to catch pokemon from Johto, there are 2 2nd generation dragon pokemon. Kingdra and Ampharos.

Well.. technically, she did return with Quilava in BW, since it evolved in a special, not in the main anime.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I don't know about you people. But I don't like Brock all that much.

Still, it felt wrong that he wasn't there during Ash's league victory. I don't think there is someone more influential in his Pokemon career. Why in the world does he gets two cameos (with the second one being pointless) but neither of them were during the league victory ? Just have the OG Trio meet after the league. I just don't understand the reasons.
I thought Brock was fine when he wasn't falling in love

By DP it was definitely time for him to go tho.
There was nothing left to do with his Character

I'd Arguably say he should've left after Hoenn but then again we wouldn't have gotten Croagunk on the main cast and that would've been criminal

Master Pikachu 11

True, it won't be the first time Go caught a previous gen Pokémon who's not from the native region.
Well he would still need to catch it in another region because only Kanto Pokémon are in Kanto if we see a non Kanto mon show up in Kanto then it’s because it belongs to a trainer already. So I don’t expect that to change in regards to Kanto that is.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
True, it won't be the first time Go caught a previous gen Pokémon who's not from the native region.
Plus you could easily justify a Smoochum in Kanto by hatching one from an Egg lol

(Dear Arceus It's really weird to think about a Jynx laying Eggs o_O Then again you can say that for a lot of Pokémon. Especially the Mammalian and Humanoid Ones)

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Two of the least influential people in his life. What even is Ash's relationship with prof. Oak?
What is the role of Dr. Erskine in captain america's life? He was just an old scientist. Neither of them had any relation.He just created a chemical and then gone.

Prof oak started help his journey right? Do u want him to see him to travel with ash to make him important

And Delia only exists for the sake of existing. When was the last time they had a mother-son bonding moment? Where are the emotions?
Do mothers need to show their caressing onscreen to justify that she is mother of him?
Also SM had those bondings and then if it would occur freq. U ppl would b the 1s to tell that that bonding was a forceful gag just like messon's crying
Even burnett was more a mother figure to him.
Not more than his mother
it was just another stakeless friendly match where ash had nothing to lose. Where is the urgency and the adrenaline
Yea might b for u but for many others it was an adrenaline rush...for me it was
The last time a pokemon battle had me feel something was Ash v Paul and the whole team flare shebang.
Yea xy battles were just players showing their moves,no strategies,no comebacks,no rivalries and sun nd moon didnt do any battles it was just tribal dance with mons ?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Plus you could easily justify a Smoochum in Kanto by hatching one from an Egg lol

(Dear Arceus It's really weird to think about a Jynx laying Eggs o_O Then again you can say that for a lot of Pokémon. Especially the Mammalian and Humanoid Ones)
Could've gone my entire life without that mental image, thanks.

DuskAstral

Well he would still need to catch it in another region because only Kanto Pokémon are in Kanto
I will not agree. If I remember correctly, later (after completing their journey to Johto or Hoenn) our heroes encountered wild Pokémon from the 2nd generation in Kanto.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Geez.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash might catch a pokemon from any region this series. Ash has 1, 4 and 8 generations of Pokemon. I think there is a possibility to catch pokemons from the remaining generations.

Older generation pokemons may become lab pokemons.

charinija

Pokemon Master
What will happen if Ash beats Leon?

Not sure if it will become a Pokemon master.

Why do Tobias or former champions not appear in the anime, or should the former champions retain their title?

Is Ash still the same age? Generally, champions and Elite 4s look older than Ash.

There are still many questions to be answered in the anime.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, like I suspected, Goh's Scyther evolved in the last episode, but I can't believe Ash's Farfetch'd did not. Now the expectations are in the new episode title revealed that clearly involves Farfetch'd. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

One detail to mention, with Morelull, Goh already has as many Pokemon as Ash currently has between Oak's Lab, Kukui's and his current team.

Now, there's another thing to comment. Back when Goh captured his Scyther, Ash showed interest in capturing one too. And I quite remember an old anime promotional image where we could see together Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar AND Scyther. Now that Goh's Scyther has evolved into Scizor, do you think there's a chance for Ash to get his own Scyther? Personally, I would like that to happen; and I would like to believe that a Scyther captured by Ash would NOT want to evolve into Scizor.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now, there's another thing to comment. Back when Goh captured his Scyther, Ash showed interest in capturing one too. And I quite remember an old anime promotional image where we could see together Pikachu, Dragonite, Gengar AND Scyther. Now that Goh's Scyther has evolved into Scizor, do you think there's a chance for Ash to get his own Scyther? Personally, I would like that to happen; and I would like to believe that a Scyther captured by Ash would NOT want to evolve into Scizor.
No lul. Redundant. No need for another when its already part of the main cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.