• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Dawn returns with Piplup would be nice.
Or Goh catches it or its yet another potd/ or another cotd owns it. Definitely would prefer the first option though.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think if anyone catches Piplup, it should be Goh.
Hopefully the writers won't give Ash more of the types he already has, unless it's Toxtricity and Latias.

unless Dracovish becomes more active in combat soon then i wouldn't honestly care, besides if Kubfu happens i'm leaning more towards the rapid-strike style myself.

though if he was to get Piplup somehow i'd rather he get it in a higher stage, but I suppose it could allow for growth time.

I mean Ash has only used Mr.Mime one time, i think him getting another psychic and fairy wouldn't hurt things.

SatoSereFan224888

It would be cool if Dawn returned to the anime. She would be older now and has a new hobby she really enjoys, riding her motorcycle. Let's say she retired from contests but now teaches young girls who want to become coordinators. Pretty much, she has become a tutor.

ShadowForce720

It would be cool if Dawn returned to the anime. She would be older now and has a new hobby she really enjoys, riding her motorcycle. Let's say she retired from contests but now teaches young girls who want to become coordinators. Pretty much, she has become a tutor.
Just pointing this out but if Dawn returns during this generation she is going to be the same age as she was when we last saw her and she will most likely still be an active coordinator.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
(I know Goh and Grookey aren't really confirmed, but I've given up)

And we have to wait yet another generation for Ash and a fully evolved Grass starter. Why oh #!@*&% why did they have to cheat Torterra out of being anything meaningful and frankly, why the hell didn't Snivy evolve? Serperior was just as popular... Lost Chespin to lame *** Clemont, albeit Chesnaught is meh. And Rowlet, *sigh, well it was a pretty cool Pokemon.
I hate this, I hate this so #!@*&% much
tenor-1_776d86a0-7df7-415c-b5e7-5b5af686ff5a_large.gif

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
(I know Goh and Grookey aren't really confirmed, but I've given up)

And we have to wait yet another generation for Ash and a fully evolved Grass starter. Why oh #!@*&% why did they have to cheat Torterra out of being anything meaningful and frankly, why the hell didn't Snivy evolve? Serperior was just as popular... Lost Chespin to lame *** Clemont, albeit Chesnaught is meh. And Rowlet, *sigh, well it was a pretty cool Pokemon.
I hate this, I hate this so #!@*&% much
tenor-1_776d86a0-7df7-415c-b5e7-5b5af686ff5a_large.gif
Frankly I'm not really surprised.

I didn't realize it before but I think I might finally understand.

The reason Ash isn't getting Grookey is for the same reason Ash didn't get Sobble.

Because Goh already had the Shillmon

They can't risk letting either of the other two Starters potentially overshadow the current Gen Shillmon Cinderace

If they gave Grookey to Ash then we'd see Grookey get Development, become a Rillaboom and take on the PWC.

While Cinderace is mostly regulated to standing around and occasionally helping Goh.

Rillaboom would obviously come out looking better than Cinderace in this particular scenerio and the writers certainly don't want that because Cinderace is the Gen 8 Charizard

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I’d prefer them both for ash (and piplup to become Empoleon). I think Chloe would be cute with a Chimchar (that stays a Chimchar)
I agree, I would like if Ash gets Empoleon so he can finally have the complete Sinnoh set of starters and I hope he gets Urshifu as well.
I think if anyone catches Piplup, it should be Goh.
Hopefully the writers won't give Ash more of the types he already has, unless it's Toxtricity and Latias.
That would just affect Sobble’s focus like Bulbasaur affected Chikorita’s focus before they sent Bulbasaur to Oaks. Plus the point of giving an old Gen starter to a protagonist of a new series is to promote the remake of a game, which is why May ended up with Squirtle and Bulbasaur and not Charmander, and Dawn ended up with Cyndaquil instead of Totodile. That way they wouldn’t steal focus from the main Gen starter which was Blaziken and Piplup respectively. If Ash can’t get an Empoleon then give Piplup to Chloe as it won’t affect Eevee at all.

BlazingAsh

unless Dracovish becomes more active in combat soon then i wouldn't honestly care, besides if Kubfu happens i'm leaning more towards the rapid-strike style myself.

though if he was to get Piplup somehow i'd rather he get it in a higher stage, but I suppose it could allow for growth time.

I mean Ash has only used Mr.Mime one time, i think him getting another psychic and fairy wouldn't hurt things.
Really want him to catch a Hatterene so that it shut all the folks who think they'll never give Ash a feminine Pokemon. They forget about Leavanny.
The internet would go crazy if they give Goh multiple starters from different regions. If the DP remakes do happen, I do see Goh catching one of the Sinnoh starters. But that will happen probably only after they're done evolving the Galar starters.

charinija

Pokemon Master

I think the pokemon in the first picture will be given.

Can be given to Ponyta Kahoru with Galarian Mimey.

I think it will be given to Toxiritcy and Obstagoon to Ash.

There are interesting pokemons here. It is difficult to predict who will go.

Galarian Meowth, for example, probably goes to Goh.

Cramorant is the pokemon that I hope is not given to Ash.

Ash already has a bird pokemon. It won't be too bad if given Corviknight.

But Cramorant is hopefully not given.

And Kubfu is a pokemon to be given to Ash. I think they're more likely to give it to Ash. Because a myth that evolved in Alola was given to Ash.

This time I hope they give Ash an evolved legendary pokemon.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Recently I've been seeing the Piplup picture a lot.

If Dawn won't return, it is likely Piplup may return to the anime.

Goh has Sobble and Ash has Dracovish.

If Piplup goes to one of the main heroes, it will probably be Koharu.

Actually, I wish they had given starter Torchic Ash as well.

The Ash-Blaziken duo would be awesome.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I'd rather not catch Obstagoon as I want this Pokémon to still be Piers ace (just like in games)
I think Just because the gym leader is a pokemon doesn't mean it won't be given to one of the characters. Torkoal belonged to the Turtwig gym leader. But it was also given to Ash.

I think Obstagoon to Ash whether it will be given or not will depend on Kubfu.

Urshifu has two types on the Fight side. It can be either water or dark type.

If Ash gets the Dark type Urshifu, I don't think he gets Obstagoon. If he takes the water-type one, he can take it.

There are too many pokemon of the same type in Ash's current roster. There will be 2 Dragon 2 fighting types. If Urshifu is water type, there will be 3 fight and 2 water type. They may want to give different types of pokemon.

But I'd love to see Obstagoon with Ash. Even if it takes Urshifu.

nickdt

I think the pokemon in the first picture will be given.

Can be given to Ponyta Kahoru with Galarian Mimey.

I think it will be given to Toxiritcy and Obstagoon to Ash.

There are interesting pokemons here. It is difficult to predict who will go.

Galarian Meowth, for example, probably goes to Goh.

Cramorant is the pokemon that I hope is not given to Ash.

Ash already has a bird pokemon. It won't be too bad if given Corviknight.

But Cramorant is hopefully not given.

And Kubfu is a pokemon to be given to Ash. I think they're more likely to give it to Ash. Because a myth that evolved in Alola was given to Ash.

This time I hope they give Ash an evolved legendary pokemon.

You do realize the first picture dates back to early 2020 right.

Status
Not open for further replies.