• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Fire beats Ice as well.. There goes your theory.

Also, Electric is not unbalanced. It's got one weakness, but how many resists does it have? Just three: Steel, Flying and Electric itself. Using a Flying-type against an Electric-type is dumb and most Electric-types have abilities like Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, etc. Meaning that aside from Steel-types, most neutral match-ups don't worry about resisted hits.

Damn forgot about Ice.

However, it only supports my point that Fire doesn't need another advantage anyways, since it already has the most out of the starter types.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Mega [Old favorites that just couldn't hang in competitive (Mawhile, Beedrill, kangaskhan) were injected with new life], new models that are reused until now and fairy type, Yeah it's definitely a lot better than the gen 8, the definition of disaster
Problem is only a specific amount of Pokemon could use them which actually shafts like 89% of the Pokedex. Or are we going to defend how dumb Mega Rayquaza is?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Mega [Old favorites that just couldn't hang in competitive (Mawhile, Beedrill, kangaskhan) were injected with new life], new models that are reused until now and fairy type, Yeah it's definitely a lot better than the gen 8, the definition of disaster
Making an overpowered new type, Mega Rayquaza, the XY games being the pokemon version of Paper Mario Sticker Star with how literally awful the games were, poor 3DS models, and then making only 1 Kalos mon having a Mega are not defendable and never will be.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Fairy isn't unbalanced because of it's resistance alone. It's unbalanced because it's support moveset is so damn good. Take a Pokemon like Clefairy with a top tier support moveset and give it a good defensive typing, of course it will be a high end Pokemon.

Another thing is that it resists U turn and Knock Off. Both are the most spammable moves in the game. A type that resists both and can control Thier spam provides insane utility.

Dragons were also mostly broken because Magnezone could trap and remove steel types which then made it easy to overrun the other Pokemon. Otherwise, steel types like Skarmory hard wall them.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If there's any unbalanced typing in this series. It's Steel Type

A Crap Ton of Resistances, and Arceus forbid should you run into anything that has a Dual Type with Steel in it (Especially Steel/Fairy yikes)

PsychoLogical

HPeople are talking about Mega Rayquaza so much but what about Zacian and Calyrex Ghost Rider ? Zacian is also banned to Anything Goes now.
Zacian required its signature item while Mega Rayquaza didn’t even need a Mega Stone.

ShadowForce720

If there's any unbalanced typing in this series. It's Steel Type

A Crap Ton of Resistances, and Arceus forbid should you run into anything that has a Dual Type with Steel in it (Especially Steel/Fairy yikes)
Actually while Steel does have a ton of resistances, it also weak to and/resisted by some types that are fairly common.

As it’s weak to Ground, Fire, and Fighting type moves which tend to be pretty common. It is also resisted by Fire, Water, Electric, and Steel type Pokémon with 2 or 3 of those being common types to see.

So Steel type isn’t as nearly unbalanced as it seems.

esquilo09

Rather than being concerned about the past and future, let's be concerned about the present.

Absol's moveset:
Razor Wind/Air Slash
Assurance
Megahorn
Fire Blast

esquilo09

Absol’s potential moveset

Dark Pulse
X-Scissor
Swords Dance
Close Combat

Other options

Calm Mind
Superpower
Shadow Ball
Megahorn
Body Slam
Shadow Claw
Psycho Cut
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
In case, just in case Ash or Go catch Absol, do you think the moves it initially knows (besides Razor Wind)will be the ones Drew's, Astrid's or Lusamine's also know? Such as Mean Look, Water Pulse, Iron Tail or Flash?

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Why are some of you using complex movesets for that Absol seen in the preview when its moveset is likely not going to be as such like the headcanons I’ve seen lately. Assuming it joins the main cast ofc.

If anything, this is what they would likely realistically put among the lines of:

-Night Slash/Dark Pulse
-Razor Wind
-Swords Dance/Double Team/Slash
-Psycho Cut/Iron Tail/Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball

ShadowForce720

Why are some of you using complex movesets for that Absol seen in the preview when its moveset is likely not going to be as such like the headcanons I’ve seen lately. Assuming it joins the main cast ofc.

If anything, this is what they would likely realistically put among the lines of:

-Night Slash/Dark Pulse
-Razor Wind
-Swords Dance/Double Team/Slash
-Psycho Cut/Iron Tail/Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
To be fair the Pokémon Ash has been getting this series have been having moves that have come as a surprise.

I mean heck Ash’s Dragonite has Dragon Dance and Hurricane, while his Gengar has Psychic and Ice Punch, while his Lucario initially knew Vaccume Wave and still knows Reversal.

And his Sirfetch’d knows/knew Night Slash, Brutal Swing, Fury Cutter, Focus Energy, and Detect.

So Absol having a move that’s not really that common or expected isn’t as unlikely as you might think.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I kind of want that rumour to be true because it'd mean Oshawott has a chance of getting a better evolution.

Hopefully it's water/fighting.

PsychoLogical

I kind of want that rumour to be true because it'd mean Oshawott has a chance of getting a better evolution.

Hopefully it's water/fighting.
Just as long as it makes sense since as much as I actually like Samurott’s design, it made zero sense since it was a samurai sea lion. Going from otter to sea lion was just a choke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.