• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Do you also get the feeling that Leon will be repeated frequently in the current series? So far, he has appeared in seven episodes (and if I remember correctly, no recurring character has had that many appearances yet). In addition, a small number of episodes (about 13-14 episodes) passes between his returns..

Well I don't know how accurate it may be but the opening does hint at some kind of Galar road trip with Leon, Ash, Goh, and Chloe. Maybe they can explore the Crown Tundra with Leon using it as a chance to hunt down Rose and Oleana.

nickdt

Well I don't know how accurate it may be but the opening does hint at some kind of Galar road trip with Leon, Ash, Goh, and Chloe. Maybe they can explore the Crown Tundra with Leon using it as a chance to hunt down Rose and Oleana.

I personally think that opening section of them in the car with Leon driving around just represents the supposed World Travelling aspect (Which they are clearly failling at).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hmm i doubt they would bring up the negative reaction to goh. Unless the reaction over there were catastrophically bad, i don’t think they’ll consider it a ‘mistake’ they have to justify. Though yeah they’ll probably talk about their design and story decisions for goh and where they want to bring his character in the future.
I'm not saying they'll address that incident specifically, but they can talk about their reasoning behind some of the decisions, including this one and even others who they think would be polarizing like giving him all galar starters.

Still, the magazine could be something completly else and just talk more about the character's creation and maybe tease future developments with some generic "look forward future episodes" as they love to do on those.

SerenaRulez

ACAB

Hopefully they make him realize his goal is stupid and impractical. Ironically, his dream to catch Mew is much more plausible.

I think Gary might be a goof influence for Goh. He also mass caught a bunch of Pokémon and realized that the life of a researcher benefited him more. Sonia already planted a seed in a possible Professor Goh (Family Name).
I don't have a problem with Goh's goal and I'm surprised that alot of fans are still angry about him catching so many Pokemon. :(

I don't think the writing staff is going to change his goal into something else right now but I do think he might become a researcher when he leaves the show.

esquilo09

I got it! This image is just telling about Pokémon who shares the same species.

Mouse: Pikachu, Raichu, Rattata, Raticate, Sandshrew and Sandslash(Although they're more based on an armadillo and a pangolim)
Puppy: Yamper, Growlithe, Lilipup and Rockruff.
Wily: Nuzleaf and Impidimp. (Although they're called Mean Pokémon in Japan.)

The only one out of place(except for its type) is Absol because it is called the Disaster Pokémon.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I'm not saying they'll address that incident specifically, but they can talk about their reasoning behind some of the decisions, including this one and even others who they think would be polarizing like giving him all galar starters.

Still, the magazine could be something completly else and just talk more about the character's creation and maybe tease future developments with some generic "look forward future episodes" as they love to do on those.
Oh i thought you meant them addressing it directly. My bad.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I got it! This image is just telling about Pokémon who shares the same species.

Mouse: Pikachu, Raichu, Rattata, Raticate, Sandshrew and Sandslash(Although they're more based on an armadillo and a pangolim)
Puppy: Yamper, Growlithe, Lilipup and Rockruff.
Wily: Nuzleaf and Impidimp. (Although they're called Mean Pokémon in Japan.)

The only one out of place(except for its type) is Absol because it is called the Disaster Pokémon.

Yes. You people need to stop "speculating" about what articles you can't read are supposedly saying. Just wait for someone to explain it to you.

Looks like that episode title might've been right

Yep. This was the source of that title.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Thank you <3
Good news is I'm discharged from the hospital and back home :) Got covid beat mostly, just some fatigue remaining. Thanks everyone for your wishes, you guys are a lovely community to discuss anipoke with overall <3
Can't wait for the new episode even if it's a filler, really in a mood to watch more episodes now haha
I'm so happy to hear you are better now, I hope you recover 100% soon

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Ash's current new team is already evolved (except for the eternal Pikachu); so, the only thing we can expect from them now is to learn good moves. These are my opinions, focusing only in the new members, leaving Pikachu aside:

1º) Dragonite:
+ Dragon Dance
+ Dragon Claw
+ Hurricane
+ Flamethrower: Since Ice moves are the worst for Dragonite, it would be appropiated for Dragonite to have a way to defend himself from them. So I would replace Hyper Beam with this.

2º) Gengar:
+ Night Shade
+ Shadow Ball
+ Psychic
+ Ice Punch
(He's actually quite good the way he is).

3º) Lucario:
+ Aura Sphere: It's signature move.
+ Extreme Speed: Replacing Double Team, as Ash loves variant of Quick Attack.
+ Metal Claw: It needs a Steel move, and I like how he uses it as Wolverine's Claws.
+ Bone Rush: One of his weakness are Fire Moves, so a move to protect from them is obvious.

4º) Sirfetch'd:
+ Meteor Assault: His signature move.
+ Iron Defense: By using his shield, and replacing Detect.
+ Leaf Blade: By using his sword, as it has a crytical radio.
+ Brick Break: Meteor Assault is like Hyper Beam, potent but tiresome, so a simpler move of Fighting type is more appropiated. Brick Break seems like the best option.

5º) Dracovish:
+ Fishious Rend: It's signature move.
+ Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse
+ Ancient Power: He's a fossil after all.
+ (Not sure)

Master Pikachu 11

Ash's current new team is already evolved (except for the eternal Pikachu); so, the only thing we can expect from them now is to learn good moves. These are my opinions, focusing only in the new members, leaving Pikachu aside:

1º) Dragonite:
+ Dragon Dance
+ Dragon Claw
+ Hurricane
+ Flamethrower: Since Ice moves are the worst for Dragonite, it would be appropiated for Dragonite to have a way to defend himself from them. So I would replace Hyper Beam with this.

2º) Gengar:
+ Night Shade
+ Shadow Ball
+ Psychic
+ Ice Punch

3º) Lucario:
+ Metal Claw: It needs a Steel move, and I like how he uses it as Wolverine's Claws.
+ Bone Rush: One of his weakness are Fire Moves, so a move to protect from them is obvious.

4º) Sirfetch'd:
+ Brick Break: Meteor Assault is like Hyper Beam, potent but tiresome, so a simpler move of Fighting type is more appropiated. Brick Break seems like the best option.

5º) Dracovish:
+ (Not sure)
Hydro Pump for Dracovish

esquilo09

1º) Dragonite:
+ Dragon Dance
+ Dragon Claw
+ Hurricane

2º) Gengar:
+ Night Shade
+ Shadow Ball
+ Psychic
+ Ice Punch

3º) Lucario:

4º) Sirfetch'd:

5º) Dracovish:
+ (Not sure)
Core Gengar should learn Sludge Bomb or Sludge Wave, while Dracovish should have Ice Fang.

D

Deleted member 384931

Status
Not open for further replies.