• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Go is probably going to end up battling more in the future. They already set that up with Raboot gaining an interest in it.
I definitely think Go will be battling more often, hell I think he might even compete in the PWC and be a potential rival to Ash. However with Pokémon like Sobble and Farfetch’d, Ash’s training methods seem like the most obvious and effective. I mean he’s had the whole “too weak/scared to fight” and “picks fights with anything that moves” before anyway.

Pretty sure Ash will only get Sobble

Red and Blue

I definitely think Go will be battling more often, hell I think he might even compete in the PWC and be a potential rival to Ash. However with Pokémon like Sobble and Farfetch’d, Ash’s training methods seem like the most obvious and effective. I mean he’s had the whole “too weak/scared to fight” and “picks fights with anything that moves” before anyway.
And I think a tough Pokemon like Galarian Farfetch'd would help motivate Go into becoming a better battler. He may want to see Farfetch'd's evolve form and thus seek out strong trainers to help him improve.

Plus I agree with everyone who said that Sirfetch'd was set up for Go when he pointed out that Farfetch'd don't evolve

Sword master zacian

Okay i have a question that you can join pwc whenever you want? Because i remember ash joining one when many people at same time were joining like I thought they had time limit to join.
And I think a tough Pokemon like Galarian Farfetch'd would help motivate Go into becoming a better battler. He may want to see Farfetch'd's evolve form and thus seek out strong trainers to help him improve.

Plus I agree with everyone who said that Sirfetch'd was set up for Go when he pointed out that Farfetch'd don't evolve
Or maybe the episode would be like farfetch'd wanted to train when ash and go sees it and go decides to train at finale finding farfetch'd can evolve and sirfetch'd caught by go and much like cubone we never gets to see again. We will but no focus ep on it and just in cameos

Okay i just remembered the special preview epsisode where we had epsidoe kinda in which preview of new series was shown the lady who was of show was this anime main animator or writer i don't remember but her favorite pokemon i think she mentioned was sirfetch'd just pointing it out

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Okay i have a question that you can join pwc whenever you want? Because i remember ash joining one when many people at same time were joining like I thought they had time limit to join.

Or maybe the episode would be like farfetch'd wanted to train when ash and go sees it and go decides to train at finale finding farfetch'd can evolve and sirfetch'd caught by go and much like cubone we never gets to see again. We will but no focus ep on it and just in cameos
Pretty sure anyone can join as long as the season is ongoing. Like you said, Ash joined but then hundreds of other people joined right after, with 10k trainers already registered at that point. If Go were to join he’d just be a late bloomer and we’d probably just get another montage episode for him to play catch up to Ash.

MegaSalamence05

I have questions about Ash, Go and Galarian Farfetch'd into a possible Sirfetched. I see both positives and negatives for both individuals involved. I'm not saying as a battler I see Goh as a character that mirrors Ash when he first started.

Ash had limited knowledge of the gym challenge before it was explained to him in detail by Brock and Misty. He wanted to catch Pokemon and friends first. That's Goh's issue he values Pokemon as tools for Mew and not as friends. (Until Raboot became that in it's most recent episode).

1.) Raboot will need a training partner vs Golurk and Darmanitan

2.) Ash is catching Pokemon at a great pace this go around.

3.) It makes the most sense for Go over
Ash in my opinion sure Ash is more battle driven but every team has the potential to have more than one ace level Pokemon.

Last edited:

I can't imagine Go being a rival to Ash in PWC. He is fine as he is, no need to push him into battling when he doesn't even have the talent. Even that Meganium guy would be too much for him.

Just speculating, I guess the Tyranitar in the theme song who battles Ash's pikachu is actually his own caught Tyranitar as per merch speculation, training with pikachu . Keeping this in mind scorbunny must be training with corviknight must be go's. So ashay not get corviknight

Sword master zacian

Just speculating, I guess the Tyranitar in the theme song who battles Ash's pikachu is actually his own caught Tyranitar as per merch speculation, training with pikachu . Keeping this in mind scorbunny must be training with corviknight must be go's. So ashay not get corviknight
I won't reach to conclusions untill go gets any one of either pokemon from the series main poster because a corviknight is present on poster and intro songs sometimes are not right like sm starting one
And why would the writers literaaly the one of most famous/most famous pokemon to go to just dumped into park and got rot no battle nothing
I think just looking at its marketibilty and popularity they can give it to ash

A little bit off topic but i wonder will league card appear in anime they are heavily influenced un games every gym leader,ruval,gym challenger has one even ball guy has one oh! Will ball guy appear in anime

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Considering they appear directly after Team Rocket does, it's pretty obvious Jessie and James are using them.

Heck, Team Rocket's appearance shows them in a forest, which is where Ash and Goh are fighting in.

Either that or they're the usual "filler Pokemon that exist only to make a cool action scene for the opening" we get every so often.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It looks like Mr. Mime isn't considered part of Ash's team according to the scan, or it isn't considered a core member. So, I think that gives Ash one free slot after getting sobble.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've thinking...

We all - myself included - think if we get DP remakes, then Dawn would show up, specially because she has Piplup which is popular.

But I just realize there's an alternative to promote DP...

They could... Give a Piplup to Goh.

It makes a lot of sense thinking about it. If DP remakes are really a thing, they happen in the tail end of next year. Plenty of time to evolve Raboot and then have Goh get a new mascot (face it: it'd be weird to think Cinderace would still sleep in the same bed as Goh. If that ever happens, someone call the police :p)

I know some will rage a lot - and I admit I'd be a bit dissapointed - but feels a reasonable possibility to me.

But to be honest, I kind wish he got a Chimchar. Then I can hope the internet will remake the first DP poster replacing Paul with Goh and updating Ash's and Dawn's outfits hehe

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Eh, gimme some Ash x Korrina in the Kalos episode and I'm fine (both of them are so battle freaks and non romantic that's almost as they are meant to be).

Anyway, to not get too off topic, I'm curious about the lack of info about Sonya's role. She'll probably be in the Leon vs Raihan episode, but she'll become a recurring character after that.

Last edited:

Sword master zacian

Satoshi and Go might get new companions?! Look forward to being able to meet this trio in their first ever anime appearances!
MESSON: Messon can disappear completely by hiding in water. It's just as timid as it looks.
*Blurb: It's on the verge of crying after being frightened by something! Will battling be completely impossible for it?!
MORPEKO: When it gets hungry, it changes form and goes on a rampage! Maybe one can get it by using food in a clever way?!
KAMONEGI (GALAR FORM): Here comes the Galar region's Kamonegi, which use heavy-looking leek as their weapon! They randomly challenge others to battle!
He currently has 4 Pokémon!
The Pokémon he currently has on hand are Kairyu and these 3: Gangar, Pikachu and Riolu. Aim to increase your rank through battle training and getting even more companions!
Okay it confirms 3 things
First: Sobble is ash next capture pokemon
Second: mr.mime is not ash's on hand pokemon it is his reserves
Third:ash will get more pokemon in future he is not gonna stop catching now

And ash's sixth spot is definately grookey

Status
Not open for further replies.