• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew29240

I don't like the thought of him getting all the Vivillon forms since there are so many, and even from a collector's perspective, it feels wrong to have so many of the same kind of Pokemon if they aren't going to be put to good use. It's the same way I feel about Satoshi's Kentauros herd.

Just wait until he finds out about all the Alcremie combinations (shinies included).

I really don't get the point of him catching all those Flabebe either. I get it if he caught 3 (for a full evolution line down the road) but 5 was overkill, especially for a line that could technically change its "form" by picking a new fairy flower.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Just wait until he finds out about all the Alcremie combinations (shinies included).

I really don't get the point of him catching all those Flabebe either. I get it if he caught 3 (for a full evolution line down the road) but 5 was overkill, especially for a line that could technically change its "form" by picking a new fairy flower.
Go better stay away from Alcremie!

Master Pikachu 11

Personally not too keen of kubfu on his team. There are just other galar pokemon i would rather see on his team like toxtricity or corviknight. The thing is type repeatitions aside i want the pokemon stories to be unique. It alreary seems like riplu and sobble will have a similar story ie trainer makes them super strong. Kubfu would be the same and that would be boring
The anime staff doesn’t have to make Kubfu have the same personality as it is in game. Look I understand that you mainly not want it because you might not like type overlap but I believe type overlap will happen in this series. Ash can still capture both Corviknight and Toxtricity as I believe that he should capture at least 5 new Galar Pokémon just to match his other regions. Regardless of type if Ash has a chance to catch a legendary Pokémon in this series then I personally want him to take it regardless of type. There is no guarantee that he is going to use all of his reserves in this series and if he does use his reserves I only expect him to use a few of them and I don’t expect Pokémon like Torkoal to be used either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kawaii Emolga said:

I sort of want Koharu to capture it since it's the kind of Pokemon that could be a cute mascot without being expected to do much. Satoshi getting it was my hope before, but since he's already getting Messon and possibly Sarunori in the near future, I'd like to see his rate of captures slow down a bit.

Sword master zacian

I feel ash's reserves are not coming until ash gets in hyper class cuz they need to develop ash's new base form mons like riolu,sobble,grookey,kubfu whatever are his base stages ones Next (dragonite,gengar are already fully developed,powerful,and full of personality)

As for kubfu writers always give the all ash pokemon a diffferent personality so they can change kubfu personality as well And its the only legendary i think ash can catch cuz its not treated like a legendary but a starter (legendary)pokemon
Also writers will give ash a pokemon from dlc which has to be either slowbro or kubfu/urshifu

I think there are only 2 new pokemon of ioa so they might give both to main cast similar to all three starter goes to main cast

Slowkpoke galarian form seems likely for me to go goh cuz of its evo. Method you have to collect twigs make it a cuff and evolve which seems most likely to be done by a collecter
And kubfu needs to battle first to evolve which seems likely for ash

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thinking about it, I feel like the Isle of Armor setup would be a good way to have Goh becoming a better battle. Maybe a small mini arc where he trains with Mustard so he and Raboot can become better at battling. Seems like the perfect setting for such arc IMHO

Sword master zacian

Thinking about it, I feel like the Isle of Armor setup would be a good way to have Goh becoming a better battle. Maybe a small mini arc where he trains with Mustard so he and Raboot can become better at battling. Seems like the perfect setting for such arc IMHO
I bet when goh will be in isle of armor he is not gonna remain at mustard dojo long he will just go out and catch many pokemon as he can this would help him lead to his dream so why he give catching in literally a wild are and start battling
Even in ep 25 goh didn't stop to see ash's battle and went for catching

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The Crown Tundra’s more of Goh’s taste since its theme is exploration. In the IOA he’ll just go on another catching spree. If he’s going to do more battling, I can guarantee the sole factor for that will be that Galarian Farfetch’d set to appear in 2 weeks.

FatBigachu

As for kubfu writers always give the all ash pokemon a diffferent personality so they can change kubfu personality as well And its the only legendary i think ash can catch cuz its not treated like a legendary but a starter (legendary)pokemon
Also writers will give ash a pokemon from dlc which has to be either slowbro or kubfu/urshifu
I don't think Ash will catch a Kubfu. IMO, the Isle of Armor part will be written for Riolu / Lucario in the anime. Riolu has to start somewhere and the Isle of Armor trials could be an excellent oppurtunity for him.

nickdt

I don't think Ash will catch a Kubfu. IMO, the Isle of Armor part will be written for Riolu / Lucario in the anime. Riolu has to start somewhere and the Isle of Armor trials could be an excellent oppurtunity for him.

Or for Sobble. I mean, it has a Gigamax form, so it makes more sense than Riolu.

ShadowForce720

Or for Sobble. I mean, it has a Gigamax form, so it makes more sense than Riolu.

you know if Max Soup does wind up showing up in the anime I wonder will they just have Sobble and Raboot eat it or will they just keep bringing it back whenever they want a Pokémon that’s not from Galar to gain the ability to Gigantamax.

Like for instance say Ash were to bring back one of his reserves(excluding Melmetal) that has a Gigantamax or can evolve into a Pokémon that has a Gigantamax form and they intend for Ash to have that specific Pokémon Gigantamax.

Would they just have it come back already being able to Gigantamax when it’s at the approximate stage or would they have it eat Max Soup so that it can gain the ability to Gigantamax?

So for example if Ash brought back his Kingler would it automatically be able to Gigantamax or would it need to eat the Max Soup first?

Red and Blue

you know if Max Soup does wind up showing up in the anime I wonder will they just have Sobble and Raboot eat it or will they just keep bringing it back whenever they want a Pokémon that’s not from Galar to gain the ability to Gigantamax.

Like for instance say Ash were to bring back one of his reserves(excluding Melmetal) that has a Gigantamax or can evolve into a Pokémon that has a Gigantamax form and they intend for Ash to have that specific Pokémon Gigantamax.

Would they just have it come back already being able to Gigantamax when it’s at the approximate stage or would they have it eat Max Soup so that it can gain the ability to Gigantamax?

So for example if Ash brought back his Kingler would it automatically be able to Gigantamax or would it need to eat the Max Soup first?
In regards to the Max Soup TR may want it for themselves. Once Chewtle evolves it may not be able to GMAX right away until it tries the soup. Possibly Meowth as well

ShadowForce720

Sobble is also possible but a lot of things in the Isle of Armor DLC were related to fighting types, so that's why Riolu makes more sense to me.

The thing is though Lucario at this time does not have a Gigantamax form, so wouldn’t they more likely choose a Pokémon that does have a Gigantamax form or can evolve into a Pokémon with a Gigantamax form like say Sobble or Kubfu, etc.

That way they can also show off Max Soup while Ash is there.

Zariful

So I'm a bit late to the party of the thought about Squirtle and Bulbasaur coming back and reaching their final forms. In terms of popularity, we know Squirtle and Bulbasaur are more popular than their evos. But we also know we can't always rely on popularity. A good example being Serperior and Ash still having Snivy. In terms of Bulbasaur, it has expressed that it doesn't want to evolve. And the aforementioned statement that it wanted to choose when it was gonna evolve appears to be a dub edit. However just because we say something doesn't mean we can't change our minds or do something in order to help someone else. For example say Ash and Pikachu were in danger and another Pokemon was too powerful for Bulbasaur, and also was in its way. Bulbasaur might be willing to evolve in order to save his trainer that it loves very much. Squirtle has never expressed any interest or disinterest. I say both are possible. But I would say Bulbasaur might be less likely, but not impossible

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

The punk better stay away from Galarian Zigzagoon and Zeraora if he knows what's good for him!
Bad enough he stole Phantump from happening to Ash -_-

It was easy uh i bet you used a lot of exp. Candies to level up kubfu
If you did like me not using any exp.candies(cuz i didn't Had one) and levelled it up from lv.10 to lv.70 it would have become much harder

Why would you not do that if you've beaten the game? It scales so there's literally nothing Kubfu can fight apart from wild Pokemon in the base game without getting it's ass handed to it

So by episode 25 Goh now has 50 Pokemon. He's also apparently getting variant forms seeing as he's caught 4 Flabebe (red, blue, orange, yellow) which increases things quite a bit. He going to try for all 20 Vivillon too?

I guess by episode 60 he'll be around 100.

Regional forms at least makes sense but I don't understand why they're bothering giving him every color(Except Eternal Floette, cause apparently we're never gonna get that event...) when there is no advantage to it at all. It's literally just a skin!

Same with the Vivillon forms, there's 20 of them! Does he seriously even need 20?! At least giving him a dozen Dustox would make for a fun gag, this is just annoying and pointless

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
In terms of popularity, we know Squirtle and Bulbasaur are more popular than their evos. But we also know we can't always rely on popularity.

While I admit that popularity doesn't always matter as seen with Hibanny, I think that if Zenigame and Fushigidane's evolved forms were truly more popular than they were, they would've evolved a long time ago like during OS when they were at their most relevant.

ShadowForce720

The punk better stay away from Galarian Zigzagoon and Zeraora if he knows what's good for him!
Bad enough he stole Phantump from happening to Ash -_-

Why would you not do that if you've beaten the game? It scales so there's literally nothing Kubfu can fight apart from wild Pokemon in the base game without getting it's ass handed to it

Regional forms at least makes sense but I don't understand why they're bothering giving him every color(Except Eternal Floette, cause apparently we're never gonna get that event...) when there is no advantage to it at all. It's literally just a skin!

Same with the Vivillon forms, there's 20 of them! Does he seriously even need 20?! At least giving him a dozen Dustox would make for a fun gag, this is just annoying and pointless
Or what exactly? No offense Goh is going to catch what he is going to catch no amount of complaining is going to change that.

You have two choices you can either keep complaining about every little thing Goh does and every capture he gets and just be miserable, or you can decide to say “you know what sure I don’t like Goh and/or the way he is being handled and it’s disappointing that he getting some of the Pokémon I like however there are still Pokémon that I like and plenty of other Pokémon left that could wind up going to Ash instead of Go and there is other things that I do like.”

I’m not saying that you have to like Go or can’t be disappointed with him capturing a Pokémon you like, however just because Goh got a Pokémon over Ash doesn’t mean he stole it.

Nor is there a point in just becoming a broken record saying the exact same complaints over and over again just worded differently.

I mean if you just constantly look for things to complain about you will find them about anything and if you keep doing that and focusing on them the only thing you will successfully accomplish by doing that and letting every little thing bother you is being miserable all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.