1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Pocket Monsters (2019) Pokémon Speculation Thread

Welcome to the new edition of the Next Pokémon thread, where you can share your theories on which Pokémon might be caught, evolved or released by the characters starring in the new Pocket Monsters anime. Of course, you can also speculate what personalities/roles the Pokémon might have.

Please mind the following:

• Don't diss or mock others if their predictions differ from yours. If you think someone's speculation is unlikely to happen, too farfetched or flat-out impossible, you can debate with them, but please stay respectful at all times.
    • If you suspect that someone's trolling, please contact a mod via PM or the report function instead of replying to that person.
    • Please don't use huge and/or animated sprites for your team speculation posts.
    • PLEASE AVOID HUGE WALLS OF TEXT! If your post is very big, please consider using spoiler tags or taking out sprites if you're using any.

Please be considerate to fellow members. Thanks!

2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I'm still wondering how Grookey and Sobble will be handled, but we know that Scorbunny is off the table for Ash.

3. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Depends on who's doing what if ash is going to galar to gyms I see him getting a full team. Probably the other 2 starter's and hopefully corviknight

If he travels with Gou then I don't think he will catch much. Instead rotating his old pokes and training them

As for Gou. Theoretically he should be catching everything he comes across but as for what he will keep on his main team no idea. But it would be cool if he had something from every region

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well based on the premise I could see Ash catching Pokemon from previous gens, but we will have to wait and see. Still hope he gets Sobble.

As for Go the possibilities are endless

04n70n10 likes this.
  5. RileyXY1

In terms of Ash using older Pokemon, I can only see him catching Pokemon from Gens 2 and 4 in order to promote hypothetical future remakes of those games.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  6. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

I really don't know what they are going to do with Ash's team. In the past, his team has mainly been new Pokemon from the newest generation. But since they don't seem to be focused on Galar alone, he may get some older Pokemon.

If this is truly a reboot, I am pretty sure he will get the Kanto trio again.

7. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

Hopefully Ash still gets just Galar Pokemon even though I expect him to catch some from other generations. And well...Sobble!

8. RileyXY1

I can see Ash getting Piplup instead of a Galar starter if they really want to promote hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

9. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

I'm getting the feeling this is the 'movie-Ash' that was intrpduced in "I choose you". His bio mentions and encounter - and I'm more inclined that's the movie version encounter rather then that brief cameo of Ho-oh 20 years ago.

As for pokemon, I'd say Grookey and Sobble. Don't really see anything else in the Gen8 line up that would fit.

10. Revolver Furious Dragon

The big question is the galar starter. There going to be on the cast early but that raises the question of how. Either they go to galar first or they find them on the other regions somehow.

Maybe and egg could work for one

No. Just no.

11. RileyXY1

I'm thinking that Ash isn't getting any of the Galar starters because I think that if he was then they would be right beside him on the poster because of how marketable the starters are.

12. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Depending on how all the regions are involved, I could see Ash bringing back the classics. Also bromingo this is literally the first poster. That’s really not enough to say yeah I don’t think Ash is getting any Galar starters.

13. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

How about this, Ash ends up catching nothing in this series as Gou catches every single Pokemon they encounter before Ash even gets the chance to do anything

You want to bond with the Pokemon before you catch it, Ash?
    Too bad, Gou's already caught it while you were pondering

/jk

Thumbs2 and TheWanderingMist like this.
  14. Revolver Furious Dragon

That right there is why he is getting them. There marketable so there going to be on the main cast. Unless you think Gou has all 3 then ash is getting at least one

15. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I wonder how long this thread will get and how off are predictions will be (I doubt anyone expected Mythicals would end up on the main cast).

I’m thinking Corviknight (and by extension, its pre evolved forms), Sobble/Grookey, and Drednaw. Maybe Rolycoly and the regional bug

16. RileyXY1

It's possible that there is a 3rd companion who is getting both, or both are going to TR.

17. Revolver Furious Dragon

The starters are not going to TR. Drop it. That's never happening. The starters are to popular to be TR pokemon, which are usually treated as jokes who constantly lose

18. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

I'm hoping it's NOT a reboot and Ash is secretly a Pokemon Champion watching over Go, instead of an inexperienced "buttmonkey" who is constantly at the receiving end of jokes. And that he won't have to catch any new Pokemon and the new team focus will be on Go.

Think how Yoda was acting over-the-top crazy and selfish before revealing in his Obi-Wan conversation that he was a Jedi Master.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  19. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Since we are probably getting only 2 main characters and Go already owns Scorbunny, i suppose Ash has a higher chance of owning both a Grookey and Sobble.

20. RileyXY1

If Ash does get a Piplup then I highly doubt that it will be a copy paste of Dawn's.