• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If Ash does get Eevee I'm expecting it to either evolve into Espeon or stay unevolved so Ash can use the GMAX form

Cptnmac1

If Ash does get Eevee I'm expecting it to either evolve into Espeon or stay unevolved so Ash can use the GMAX form
If ash gets an eevee, it'll definitely evolve. It's whole shtick is evolving and ash is going to need powerful Pokemon to take on the higher ranks of the PWC and eevee won't cut it as it can to earn that many good moves without evolving.

As for the gigantamax issue, either ash will showcase it before it evolves or more likely, another trainer will showcase it. It might not be showcased at all like how a lot of mega evolutions weren't ever properly showcased

Red and Blue

If ash gets an eevee, it'll definitely evolve. It's whole shtick is evolving and ash is going to need powerful Pokemon to take on the higher ranks of the PWC and eevee won't cut it as it can to earn that many good moves without evolving.

As for the gigantamax issue, either ash will showcase it before it evolves or more likely, another trainer will showcase it. It might not be showcased at all like how a lot of mega evolutions weren't ever properly showcased
I think Eevee could be strong un evolved. It is Pikachu's counterpart. They may do an episode were it decides not to evolve at all when Ash gives it the choice

ShadowForce720

I think Eevee could be strong un evolved. It is Pikachu's counterpart. They may do an episode were it decides not to evolve at all when Ash gives it the choice

Then again, why not just introduce to Eevee, and have Ash and Go both get one and have Go’s Eevee just stay an Eevee while Ash’s Eevee evolves.

Cptnmac1

That's kind of like whole reptition Pikachu doesn't want to evolve. If Eevee is needed unevolved in order to be Pikachu's counterpart, then I think it would be better for Go to have it instead.
Then go would have too many Pokemon that would need marketing. At that point he'd have raboot, sobble and eevee and whatever else he might get and that would be almost impossible to showcase and eevee would probably fall by the wayside in lieu of the starters who are much more important to promote right now. At that point they'd have an eevee that only appears occasionally and at that point keeping unevolved doesn't matter as it wouldn't appear enough to make sense. If they do just show all his more important captures, then him constantly capturing other Pokemon becomes even more pointless as they would never appear and the arguments that go never uses his Pokemon would become more frequent. Go only showcases his Pokemon so much, so shoving him with a ton of highly marketable Pokemon that need showcasing is just a bad idea as all of them will get less screen time the more there are.

Eevee isn't even that important to have on the main cast otherwise an eevee would probably be on the main cast now and lana would have caught hers earlier than episode 100 but we're 30 episodes in and don't even have a hint of an eevee joining anytime soon

Hyper Missingno

Eevee isn't even that important to have on the main cast otherwise an eevee would probably be on the main cast now and lana would have caught hers earlier than episode 100 but we're 30 episodes in and don't even have a hint of an eevee joining anytime soon

That means there is kind of no point of talking about Ash possibly catching Eevee at this point since there is not hint when Eevee going to appear.

Ultra Beast Lover

Iris can come, I can deal with her for a couple episodes. She'll never be my favorite companion, I find her to be annoying and at times grating, but I still like her more than Go XD

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Also she can return with a Haroxus and Garchomp, who knows
I kinda see her returning with Haxorus and Gabite instead, idk why. Would also like it if Iris does return, she gained an additional few dragons as well so she wouldn’t be ridiculed for barely having Dragons while Ash now has way more than her and may likely gain more due to Dragon types being very marketable.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Besides what better mon like Espeon to be Ash first psychic type (I'm not counting Mimey)

Metagross, Meloetta, the magnificent Gallade, Spoink, Latios....
There's a lot

And considering Ash utilizing Dark moves ain't a problem no more and Eeveelutions have diverse movesets anyways, I'd say it is 50/50 odds on Ash's Eevee turning into Umbreon or Espeon

MartínK

I kinda see her returning with Haxorus and Gabite instead, idk why. Would also like it if Iris does return, she gained an additional few dragons as well so she wouldn’t be ridiculed for barely having Dragons while Ash now has way more than her and may likely gain more due to Dragon types being very marketable.

They both have three dragons

Ash: Dragonite, Gible and Noivern
Iris: Axew, Gible and Dragonite

Sidagam

What was the ep where he said it was his fav again? I’ve been trying to remember for quite a while but still can’t get it in my mind.

I'm pretty sure it was the ep when IIima (Lima?) turns up. Either that or when Gladion first appears and they're looking at his Umbreon

Cptnmac1

That means there is kind of no point of talking about Ash possibly catching Eevee at this point since there is not hint when Eevee going to appear.
True, but this is a speculation thread and we really don't have any hints to go on about ashs next capture. All we know is that all of ashs past gen captures this series have been fan favorite Pokemon that people have wanted ash to get for awhile and the only remaining Pokemon I can think of that fit that description are tyranitar, eevee and flygon

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They both have three dragons

Ash: Dragonite, Gible and Noivern
Iris: Axew, Gible and Dragonite
At the moment, in total Ash has more which one of them can still be called back. And I actually expect Ash to catch more Dragon types since I still don’t believe Dragonite will be the only Dragon type he’ll catch this series. And I also want to expect Iris to return with more than her 3 Dragons. And also her Axew being a Haxorus now. Haxorus got shafted in favor of marketing in the BW saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.