• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Goh got disappointed by not capturing the Fearow knocked out by Yamper... I hope Ash visits Pidgeot and take it back with Goh who must capture the Fearow attacking the Pidgey group...

Ash should get that if anyone, it's the very Spearow that he ticked off in the first episode! Him and the bird have history

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't teally remember... but Ash has catch 4 more since then and probably 2 more to go... that are loads of pokemon based on his standard.
He’s not going to catch only 6 you know. It’s not that hard to tell.

Remix2

If iris does return then let hope she learns on how to win battles with a Dragonite since ash is already beating her on that front lol.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Not sure who else I'd want to see. Obviously I want to see Brandon, Cynthia, Dawn, and Looker. I guess it'd be nice to see if Cilan made any progress with his dream, the Johto Gym Leaders would be nice if only for the fact that I only remember Morty. Claire, and Pryce.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Do you honestly believe that ash's gonna catch 1 pokemon in 3 years lol? Moreover the scans are pointing to an upcoming capture and these type of scans have been present from the start. Moreover if the writers wanted ash to have only 6 pokemon ,they would've given him base forms not fully evolved ones.

PsychoLogical

How then?
The scan reveal that there is going to be only one more secret pokemon. The other pokemon not captured as of now are: Grookey, Woolo, Morpeko, Galarian Ponyta, Alcremie, Gossifleur.

Anyone know the translation of this scan?
It clearly say: 18+1 (Morpeko counted twice)
It’s literally just hinting at another capture. Not that it’ll be the last one cause it’s not. You srsly expect the writers to stop at 6 considering he hasn’t even gotten more than 2 Galar mons yet? Ash getting 5 new mons in a new region is one tradition that they aren’t going to break. Ash is still considered the main attraction and focus despite Go being a co-protagonist. They’re not going to spend another 2-3 years with Ash catching nothing.

Ash getting 5 new mons in a new region is one tradition that they aren’t going to break. Ash is still considered the main attraction and focus despite Go being a co-protagonist. They’re not going to spend another 2-3 years with Ash catching nothing.
They already break tradition by having another official protagonist (whose role is to capture pokemon) and allowing Ash to catch old gen pokemon. Ash no longer travel mainly in new region.

So the "at least 5 new gen pokemon" is outdated.

If Ash catch Grookey and 1 more Galar secret pokemon, he will already catch 3 Galar pokemon.

Remember, there is a significant gap in episodes between the capture of Litten (3th) and Poipole (4th). 46 episodes... almost a year.

Durrendal

How then?
The scan reveal that there is going to be only one more secret pokemon. The other pokemon not captured as of now are: Grookey, Woolo, Morpeko, Galarian Ponyta, Alcremie, Gossifleur.

Anyone know the translation of this scan?
It clearly say: 18+1 (Morpeko counted twice)
That one is most likely referring to the upcoming capture, not that it's his last this series.

The reason previous series gave his Pokémons within first year was because they have him base forms, and they region exclusives so they needed to show it off and Ash's bonding with them.

This series, they are giving him fully evolved past Pokémons, so they don't need to take time with showing their base stages. Then, they gave the option to bring back past captures that already have had their exposure like Greninja, or Charizard, or maybe evolved Gible. So, he can rely on them till pretty late in series while he has the option to catch base Galar forms, or only catch 2-stage evolutions or catch them in middle stage and cut down on bonding time. One such example is G. Farfetch'd. He's already showing signs of wanting to evolve with his back to back Crossroad Kill.

PsychoLogical

They already break tradition by having another official protagonist (whose role is to capture pokemon) and allowing Ash to catch old gen pokemon. Ash no longer travel mainly in new region.

So the "at least 5 new gen pokemon" is outdated.

If Ash catch Grookey and 1 more Galar secret pokemon, he will already catch 3 Galar pokemon.

Remember, there is a significant gap in episodes between the capture of Litten (3th) and Poipole (4th). 46 episodes... almost a year.
This isn’t the XY or SM series. And this isn’t Galar exclusive. So your argument is really invalid and outdated regarding captures. It was already obvious that Ash isn’t only going to catch only 6 after he caught Dragonite.

Zariful

In comparison to the last series. Ash didn’t catch four Pokémon in rapid succession. The gaps so far have been 10-16-21-27. Meanwhile in Alola, the gaps were relatively random.

PsychoLogical

In comparison to the last series. Ash didn’t catch four Pokémon in rapid succession. The gaps so far have been 10-16-21-27. Meanwhile in Alola, the gaps were relatively random.
That would still be considered pretty fast since the recurring gap is 5 eps minimum. Not as fast as in the OS or BW ofc since back-to-back captures were very frequent. Alola ofc was just non-existent and the last two captures were just kinda weird. There were plenty of other Alolan mons he could’ve gotten but they settled on a Mythical and an Ultra Beast that eventually went back to Ultra Space.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Not sure who else I'd want to see. Obviously I want to see Brandon, Cynthia, Dawn, and Looker.

While I appreciate that Handsome was one of the few competent police officers/detectives in the series, I really hope he doesn't appear again. The fact that he didn't appear in XY or SM despite his character having relevance in the X/Y and S/M games gives me hope that the writers are done showcasing him.

Juaquin

The Chosen One
Can anyone confirm if riolu has gotten stronger saw alot of posts on todays episode saying hes noticeably stronger

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Not sure who else I'd want to see. Obviously I want to see Brandon, Cynthia, Dawn, and Looker. I guess it'd be nice to see if Cilan made any progress with his dream, the Johto Gym Leaders would be nice if only for the fact that I only remember Morty. Claire, and Pryce.

What even is Cilan's dream? Wasn't it something like becoming an expert connoisseur even though he was already the best one we'd seen in all of BW or did he become a fisherman?

Status
Not open for further replies.