• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I agree with the statement grookey as grookey, bcuz every series there is one starter remains unevolve and least popular among galar starter is rillaboom makes it more understandable to be remain as grookey.
But it doesn't fit ash? I don't think so. Grookey could be piplup and oshwatt of galar.
If this was Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield then likely. But it isnt. Ash is no longer doing gyms, hes doing the PWC where he’s going to likely need fully evolved mons to even continue climbing as he goes up especially when nearing the Hyper Class.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It's too soon for Grookey's debut I think, they need to give more focus to Goh's Sobble first.

It's unfortunate they decided to give Ash a baby Pokémon in this series but at the very least it's not a starter.
So it's just cherry picking? Makes sense

MagicKarpInSpace

If this was Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield then likely. But it isnt. Ash is no longer doing gyms, hes doing the PWC where he’s going to likely need fully evolved mons to even continue climbing as he goes up especially when nearing the Hyper Class.
May be but I don't think the change in series name will effect the change in Pokemon journey they been in since.
Ash always has one mon that doesn't evolve every series and since alola that it's more focused and targeted to young kids I guess grookey will be more of a comic relief this season
Breaking trends a lot would backfire them.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
May be but I don't think the change in series name will effect the change in Pokemon journey they been in since.
Ash always has one mon that doesn't evolve every series and since alola that it's more focused and targeted to young kids I guess grookey will be more of a comic relief this season
Breaking trends a lot would backfire them.
We already have an Ash mon serving as the comic relief and its Dragonite. And No it wouldn’t. And Kalos never had an unevolved mon (Pikachu doesn’t count). You srsly expect Ash to use any unevolved mons in this series? He’s not challenging gyms, he’s doing the PWC where you actually need fully evolved mons since PWC trainers will also have the same. So your argument really flawed here. And plus, No one is interested nor do they want to see Ash use unevolved mons in the PWC, Riolu and G-Farfetch’d dont count cause they’re both very likely going to evolve anyways.

Last edited:

nickdt

I wonder if Ash only gets 2-stage mons in their base form and 3-stage mons in their fully evolved forms.

game3524

We already have an Ash mon serving as the comic relief and its Dragonite. And No it wouldn’t. And Kalos never had an unevolved mon (Pikachu doesn’t count). You srsly expect Ash to use any unevolved mons in this series? He’s not challenging gyms, he’s doing the PWC where you actually need fully evolved mons since PWC trainers will also have the same. So your argument really flawed here. And plus, No one is interested nor do they want to see Ash use unevolved mons in the PWC, Riolu and G-Farfetch’d dont count cause they’re both very likely going to evolve anyways.

You have some actually data on that? I doubt 8-12 year old kids have any issues with Ash using unevolved Pokemon during the PWC.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Hilbert's the only male I'm annoyed they skipped. That was the last time the Default male character design didn't look so atrocious!

But isn't it the norm for them to skip the male playable characters, anyway? Most of them only make movie cameos at most, with a few exceptions like Hibiki who appeared in the Raikou special as Kenta.

Ignition

You have some actually data on that? I doubt 8-12 year old kids have any issues with Ash using unevolved Pokemon during the PWC.
This. Him not doing Gym Battles doesn't just remove the possibility of unevolved Pokémon being on his team.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
I don't think we should think Starters are weak because the Monarch(WC) himself has two in his team.
P.S.Grookey can always evolve.Tbh,see the strength AG ,Fire Monkey and Zard.
Ultimately Ash's aces are always starters except Unova and maybe Alola

game3524

This. Him not doing Gym Battles doesn't just remove the possibility of unevolved Pokémon being on his team.

Yeah, I don't think it matters if they are evolved or not. The only thing that matters if the Pokemon is popular. If the writers want Ash to use Bulbasaur, Rowlet, Eevee etc. in a PWC match, then they will do it.

Ignition

Yeah, I don't think it matters if they are evolved or not. The only thing that matters if the Pokemon is popular. If the writers want Ash to use Bulbasaur, Rowlet, Eevee etc. in a PWC match, then they will do it.
Rowlet and Bulbasaur are probably the best examples. Rowlet got tons of focus in battles and it only furthered its spot as the most popular Gen 7 Pokémon. Bulbasaur got lots of love for still being a powerhouse and defeating much bigger opponents.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:
Also if you look at the pattern from Gen 6, Ash got Greninja in Kalos, Incineroar in Alola so most likely he'll get Rillaboom

Is that even really a pattern? I remember people expecting one of Satoshi's bird Pokemon from XY [specifically Luchabull] to battle Freezer in XY because of the "pattern" that they claimed formed after Satoshi fought Fire and Thunder in that saga, yet nothing happened regarding Freezer since it didn't even appear in Kalos. I'm thinking that this is yet another example of two instances suddenly being called a pattern.

Durrendal

You have forgotten how perceptive 8-12 year old kids are. They literally have stats printed on the trading card and stuff.

If someone uses a Sobble against a fully evolved opponent, the kids themselves will call bull. That Hau battle in Alola was stupid af.

The simple issue that will occur is power creep. If a Sobble can take on fully evolved Mons, then why do the opponents have full evolutions in the first place?

If they don't have full evolutions, how is the show going to show this big, tough Pokémons who are so powerful?

Back in Gen1, when I was a kid, if you asked me if it thought a Charmander could take on a Blastoise, I'd look at you funny.

Ibrahim Saidu

This is my prediction for Ash's next captures in Pokemon Journeys:
Kanto:
1 Arcanine or Rapidash
2 Rhydon
3 Eevee (which will evolve into Espeon)

Johto:
1 Scizor
2 Tyranitar( the Larvitar Ash took care of in Johto)
3 Houndoom

Hoenn:
1 Flygon
2 Absol
3 Zangoose
4 Aggron

Sinnoh:
1 Weavile or Abomasnow
2 Hippowdon

Unova:
1 Zoroark
2 Beartic
3 Bisharp
4 Chandelure

Kalos:
1 Gogoat
2 Pyroar
3 Tyrantrum( it'll be Ash's fossil Pokemon)

Alola:
1 Passimian
2 Kommo-o
3 Mudsdale
4 Crabrawler
5 Golisopod

Galar:
1 Rillaboom
2 Corviknight
3 Orbeetle
4 Drednaw
5 Coalossal
6 Toxtricity
7 Grimmsnarl
8 Frosmoth
9 Copperajah
10 Dragapult
11 Urshifu ( Single Strike Form)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Yeah, let's face it. Bulbasaur could wreck shop in the PWC just as well as any evolved Pokemon. It's been shown to rival fully evolved starters and did a solid chunk of the work in what was arguably the most challenging Frontier battle..

If a lower stage Pokemon is popular enough, it will battle just as well as any evolved Pokemon in the anime. That much has always been obvious and that's why powerful basic stage Pokemon aren't off limits for Ash's team, even now..

game3524

You have forgotten how perceptive 8-12 year old kids are. They literally have stats printed on the trading card and stuff.

If someone uses a Sobble against a fully evolved opponent, the kids themselves will call bull. That Hau battle in Alola was stupid af.

The simple issue that will occur is power creep. If a Sobble can take on fully evolved Mons, then why do the opponents have full evolutions in the first place?

If they don't have full evolutions, how is the show going to show this big, tough Pokémons who are so powerful?

Back in Gen1, when I was a kid, if you asked me if it thought a Charmander could take on a Blastoise, I'd look at you funny.

lol, children have never cared about this stuff. This is the kind of thinking that an older fan would do, but a child wouldn't. Pikachu demolishes Pokemon that in theory it shouldn't and children love it (hence why Pikachu continues to participate in these type of matches.)

Rowlet and Bulbasaur are probably the best examples. Rowlet got tons of focus in battles and it only furthered its spot as the most popular Gen 7 Pokémon. Bulbasaur got lots of love for still being a powerhouse and defeating much bigger opponents.

Exactly.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
But that still doesn't explain Treecko

Probably because treecko line was the only line which had cool design from initial stage to middle to final stage, torchic and combuskin were lame imo and they can't give blaziken early in the series while marshtomp had bland design even though mudkip cute looking pokemon, that's why probably ash was given treecko and that too with an attitude.

esquilo09

This is my prediction for Ash's next captures in Pokemon Journeys:
Kanto:
1 Arcanine or Rapidash
2 Rhydon
3 Eevee (which will evolve into Espeon)

Johto:
1 Scizor
2 Tyranitar( the Larvitar Ash took care of in Johto)
3 Houndoom

Hoenn:
1 Flygon
2 Absol
3 Zangoose
4 Aggron

Sinnoh:
1 Weavile or Abomasnow
2 Hippowdon

Unova:
1 Zoroark
2 Beartic
3 Bisharp
4 Chandelure

Kalos:
1 Gogoat
2 Pyroar
3 Tyrantrum( it'll be Ash's fossil Pokemon)

Alola:
1 Passimian
2 Kommo-o
3 Mudsdale
4 Crabrawler
5 Golisopod

Galar:
1 Rillaboom
2 Corviknight
3 Orbeetle
4 Drednaw
5 Coalossal
6 Toxtricity
7 Grimmsnarl
8 Frosmoth
9 Copperajah
10 Dragapult
11 Urshifu ( Single Strike Form)
He won't catch a Zangoose, it's not popular and so far Ash caught popular mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.