• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, let's face it. Bulbasaur could wreck shop in the PWC just as well as any evolved Pokemon. It's been shown to rival fully evolved starters and did a solid chunk of the work in what was arguably the most challenging Frontier battle..

If a lower stage Pokemon is popular enough, it will battle just as well as any evolved Pokemon in the anime. That much has always been obvious and that's why powerful basic stage Pokemon aren't off limits for Ash's team, even now..
Yeah it's weird to me that people are now criticizing the likelihood of unevolved Pokémon beating fully evolved Pokémon when that's one of the most infamous parts of the anime. The anime has barely cared if a match is believable.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's not like Ash literally became Champion to begin with thanks to the help of an Unevolved Mon or anything.

Oh wait-!
Ash_2362af_6823408.gif

This idea that Ash must have only fully evolved Pokémon on his team in PWC isn't exactly a completely accurate one. The writers can do whatever they want.

And this is coming from someone who prefers evolutions over staying in their base stages.

game3524

I don't k
This is my prediction for Ash's next captures in Pokemon Journeys:
Kanto:
1 Arcanine or Rapidash
2 Rhydon
3 Eevee (which will evolve into Espeon)

Johto:
1 Scizor
2 Tyranitar( the Larvitar Ash took care of in Johto)
3 Houndoom

Hoenn:
1 Flygon
2 Absol
3 Zangoose
4 Aggron

Sinnoh:
1 Weavile or Abomasnow
2 Hippowdon

Unova:
1 Zoroark
2 Beartic
3 Bisharp
4 Chandelure

Kalos:
1 Gogoat
2 Pyroar
3 Tyrantrum( it'll be Ash's fossil Pokemon)

Alola:
1 Passimian
2 Kommo-o
3 Mudsdale
4 Crabrawler
5 Golisopod

Galar:
1 Rillaboom
2 Corviknight
3 Orbeetle
4 Drednaw
5 Coalossal
6 Toxtricity
7 Grimmsnarl
8 Frosmoth
9 Copperajah
10 Dragapult
11 Urshifu ( Single Strike Form)

I don't know why some fans think Ash will catch over 20+ Pokemon in this series. They can't balance the screen time of all these captures. Go can catch a ton of Pokemon since for the most part he isn't a battler, but it it be next to impossible to do it with Ash given his goal and storyline.

ShadowForce720

I don't k

I don't know why some fans think Ash will catch over 20+ Pokemon in this series. They can't balance the screen time of all these captures. Go can catch a ton of Pokemon since for the most part he isn't a battler, but it it be next too impossible to do it with Ash given his goal and storyline.

And you think this would stop the writers from giving Ash 20+ captures because?

Also may I remind you Ash is competing in the PWC meaning there will be plenty of battles to go around so they would be able to manage Ash having 20+ captures to some degree.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't k

I don't know why some fans think Ash will catch over 20+ Pokemon in this series. They can't balance the screen time of all these captures. Go can catch a ton of Pokemon since for the most part he isn't a battler, but it it be next to impossible to do it with Ash given his goal and storyline.
That’s still not going to stop the writers from giving Ash a ton of captures. This is a world tour themed series, not Galar exclusive. Because they’re no longer restricted to one region, they have more freedom to do what they want to do compared to other series.

nickdt

This is my prediction for Ash's next captures in Pokemon Journeys:
Kanto:
1 Arcanine or Rapidash
2 Rhydon
3 Eevee (which will evolve into Espeon)

Johto:
1 Scizor
2 Tyranitar( the Larvitar Ash took care of in Johto)
3 Houndoom

Hoenn:
1 Flygon
2 Absol
3 Zangoose
4 Aggron

Sinnoh:
1 Weavile or Abomasnow
2 Hippowdon

Unova:
1 Zoroark
2 Beartic
3 Bisharp
4 Chandelure

Kalos:
1 Gogoat
2 Pyroar
3 Tyrantrum( it'll be Ash's fossil Pokemon)

Alola:
1 Passimian
2 Kommo-o
3 Mudsdale
4 Crabrawler
5 Golisopod

Galar:
1 Rillaboom
2 Corviknight
3 Orbeetle
4 Drednaw
5 Coalossal
6 Toxtricity
7 Grimmsnarl
8 Frosmoth
9 Copperajah
10 Dragapult
11 Urshifu ( Single Strike Form)

Where is Aegislash?

Also: Ash isn't getting Drednaw, since Team Rocket got Chewtle already. Toxtricity is also unlikely, since its an Electric type. Golisopod doesn't work either, because of its ability.

game3524

And you think this would stop the writers from giving Ash 20+ captures because?

Also may I remind you Ash is competing in the PWC meaning there will be plenty of battles to go around so they would be able to manage Ash having 20+ captures to some degree.

Uh......yeah.

They would end up prioritizing Pokemon like Lucario and Dragonite over captures like Chandelure and Flygon anyway, so why bother? Hell, Gengar barely gets any screen time and it is way more popular than the majority of the mons posters are listing. But people really think they can handle 20+ captures for Ash.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
He won't catch a Zangoose, it's not popular and so far Ash caught popular mons.

And aside from it not exactly being a popular Pokemon, it's a plain Normal-type. Unless it would have special characteristics like extra bulk for defense or notable strength as was the case with Kabigon, I wouldn't see the point of Satoshi getting a Zangoose.

ShadowForce720

Uh......yeah.

They would end up prioritizing Pokemon like Lucario and Dragonite over captures like Chandelure and Flygon anyway, so why bother? Hell, Gengar barely gets any screen time and it is way more popular than the majority of the mons posters are listing. But people rally think they can handle 20+ captures for Ash.

But again why would the writers really care about that? Plus it’s a bit to soon to be saying a Pokémon doesn’t get enough screen time when we’re not even half way through the show yet and there is plenty of time for the Pokémon to get more screen time.

PsychoLogical

Uh......yeah.

They would end up prioritizing Pokemon like Lucario and Dragonite over captures like Chandelure and Flygon anyway, so why bother? Hell, Gengar barely gets any screen time and it is way more popular than the majority of the mons posters are listing. But people rally think they can handle 20+ captures for Ash.
The writers still wouldn’t care. And How about we start fully judging whenever capture #6 comes around and when this series is halfway through cause we’re not even close. Only 30 eps in is not a good assumption of what things are to come.

Last edited:

game3524

But again why would the writers really care about that? Plus it’s a bit to soon to be saying a Pokémon doesn’t get enough screen time when we’re not even half way through the show yet and there is plenty of time for the Pokémon to get more screen time.

Because it is a merchandise-driven show. They likely want to have their money makers get as much screen time as possible. I expect Ash to use more than six Pokemon (10-12 seems like a good bet IMO), but the 20+ captures idea is just ridiculous IMO. A lot of them would end up being pointless because they aren't going to sacrifice valuable screen time for a Pokemon like Lucario to showcase them.

ShadowForce720

Because it is a merchandise-driven show. They likely want to have their money makers get as much screen time as possible. I expect Ash to use more than six Pokemon (10-12 seems like a good bet IMO), but the 20+ captures idea is just ridiculous IMO. A lot of them would end up being pointless because they aren't going to sacrifice valuable screen time for Pokemon like Lucario to showcase them.

Your not really helping your argument here if anything being a merchandise driven show would be more of an incentive to have Ash get 20+ captures so they can market more Pokémon rather then then it encouraging Ash not to get a lot of Pokémon.

Applecorp

Characters like Gary and Fennel are slightly different in the fact that he's more of a Pokémon Researcher and seems to focus on Fossil Pokémon and she focuses on Pokémon dreams.

Gosh I couldn't remember who Fennel was even though her name sounded familiar. I know she wasn't an important character in Unova but I wonder if she's a candidate to return in the future?

Master Pikachu 11

If Ash gets Grookey then I fully expect it to evolve, even if it’s the least popular of the line. I know that Inteleon is faster so it would fit Ash the most, but this series is different because in order for Ash to beat Leon and the others then he has perform well with Gigantamax/Dynamax and they are not fast at all as Pikachu was struggling to battle in that form. So by working with a Pokémon like Rillaboom which is also not fast it will allow him to work with Pokémon that are also not fast. I think Rillaboom’s popularity is going up and think Ash can easily command one.
Uh......yeah.

Gengar has gotten to participate in more PWC battles then Dragonite and the other new captures. It’s fully evolve and it doesn’t need that much development since it’s personality is established. Do you really think that kids care too much about a Pokémon getting a lot of development unless of course they are not fully evolved like Riolu and Galarian Farfetch’d. As long as the kids get to see their favorite Pokémon battle and they stop having just a 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 battles then Ash catching 20 Pokémon is no problem and rotation can work. Besides if other popular Pokémon can end up on the cast then it would be best if they were on Ash’s team because they would for sure not get any development or attention if they are on Goh’s team.

game3524

Your not really helping your argument here if anything being a merchandise driven show would be more of an incentive to have Ash get 20+ captures so they can market more Pokémon rather then then it encouraging Ash not to get a lot of Pokémon.

You seem to think that every Pokemon is marketable/generates revenue, they don't. There is no incentive to give Ash 20+ captures since the majority of the Pokemon people are listing aren't actually that marketable.

MagicKarpInSpace

That’s still not going to stop the writers from giving Ash a ton of captures. This is a world tour themed series, not Galar exclusive. Because they’re no longer restricted to one region, they have more freedom to do what they want to do compared to other series.
So what if its world tour? It doesn't mean the battle will be 10 on 10 or 20 on 20 it's hardly gonna be 6 vs 6, and the next season of this series will likely heavily be galar based and most of Ash's future mons will be galar. Ash is not getting any of previous mons he was not bonded what-so-ever. But speculation for fun is good.

ShadowForce720

You seem to think that every Pokemon is marketable/generates revenue, they don't. There is no incentive to give Ash 20+ captures since the majority of the Pokemon people are listing aren't actually that marketable.

Actually there are plenty of Pokémon that are marketable they can easily give Ash 20+ marketable captures. Really your underestimating the amount of marketable Pokémon there is.

So what if its world tour? It doesn't mean the battle will be 10 on 10 or 20 on 20 it's hardly gonna be 6 vs 6, and the next season of this series will likely heavily be galar based and most of Ash's future mons will be galar. Ash is not getting any of previous mons he was not bonded what-so-ever. But speculation for fun is good.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here the world tour thing it not something that is going to just be drop next “season”.

Will Ash get some Galar Pokémon most likely but he will also likely get some past gen Pokémon as well. Also there there is no such requirement that Ash can only get past gen Pokémon that he has bonded with before as that’s just a made up restriction that does have any power over what Pokémon Ash will get.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

You’re actually underestimating how many mons are actually marketable. The vast majority obviously aren’t but a few dozen are. Examples are Lucario, the pseudo-legendaries, Chandelure, and the starters.

ShadowForce720

In regards to the conversation of the idea that Grookey will stay a Grookey because it will be the Oshawott/Piplup of this generation even if Ash gets it I wouldn’t be so sure about the.

Because here is the thing those types of Pokémon tend to join much earlier. I mean heck if you look at it Ash has already captured 4 Pokémon and were about 30 episodes in and have part of the episode titles for episodes 33-35 and yet still no sign of Grookey.

Which no matter how you try to argue it if having Ash’s potential Grookey just stay a Grookey and be the Oshawott/Piplup of the show was such a priority it would seem weird to wait this long to introduce it.

Also this series has been pretty different from past series in that in the past starters would get priority over other Pokémon and the current gen Pokémon at the time we’re more of the focus and the amount of Pokémon on the main cast was more limited.

And yet in the current series despite some people insisting that the gen 8 starters and Morpeko are a priority the only Galar starter we saw was Scorbunny which first showed up in episode 4 and then was caught in episode 5 with it evolving in episode 18.

However Sobble didn’t show up at all until episode 27 and then got caught in episode 28, and we still have seen any sign of Grookey in the anime outside of the ending.

Where as Morpeko has only shown up in episode 28 and didn’t really have any major role and wasn’t even caught in the episode.

Heck in all honesty from what I’ve seen the role of being a Piplup/Oshawott of the series has pretty much been taken from the starters and given to Yamper.

Plus they are no longer limited to the amount of Pokémon that can be on the main cast. To the point where now if they need a cute mon on the main cast to show up they will just have one of Go’s cute mons show up.

Master Pikachu 11

Chandelure is the most popular Unova Pokémon, Zoroark is also popular as is Salamance since it has made an appearance in almost every series, Tyranitar, Flygon, Metagross, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Ageislash, Absol are just a few that are popular and marketable enough to end up on Ash’s team same with Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon

Status
Not open for further replies.